PDA

View Full Version : Battery Question

tjar66
05-18-2008, 10:06 PM
I think I fried my battery. I have never had any trouble with the car even after it sitting for a week or more. I have the car in the garage puttuing in struts and new brakes all around. I didn't unhook tha battery :( the hood light must have drained the battery or something now the battery wont even take a charge. Has anyone else experienced total battery failure what other problems is this gonna cause?? BTW Struts and brakes went well. First side took quite awhile figuring things out side two was less than half the time. I want to take it for a spin. Stupid battery

BigKriss
05-19-2008, 12:07 AM
yes, get a new battery.

Paul in NZ
05-19-2008, 12:38 AM
give it a proper slow charge and make sure the water covers the plates.If that doesnt work its toast...Batteries tend to throw in the towel fairly quickly at the end of their life..you dont get to many warnings....

uscharalph
05-19-2008, 01:03 AM
How old was the battery?

tjar66
05-19-2008, 07:27 AM
The battery is only a year old and it wont take a trickle charge. My charger shuts off and has a trouble indicator. I am going to take the battery back and see if I can get it warrantied for new one. I guess lesson learned always disconnect the battery when working under the hood.