PDA

View Full Version : Welded driver wiper arm and replaced blade

Kibokojoe
05-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Cut the driver side windshield wiper arm and fliped it over then welded the arm. Came out great. I found a Trico 22" arm that works great. Need to adjust blade so end of blade slides on windsheild. Right now the wiper cleans the windshield on the upward swing but the last 2 inches of the blade does not touch the windsheild on the downward swing. Is there an adjustment?

525i winter driver
05-19-2008, 08:36 AM
Cut the driver side windshield wiper arm and fliped it over then welded the arm. Came out great. I found a Trico 22" arm that works great. Need to adjust blade so end of blade slides on windsheild. Right now the wiper cleans the windshield on the upward swing but the last 2 inches of the blade does not touch the windsheild on the downward swing. Is there an adjustment?
i just did that (except i bought an arm from a donor) and i put 21" blades, i'm actually going to put an even smaller blade on the pass side as it does the same as yours, i don't notice the difference from inside. i don't think there is an adjustment other than bending the arm.