PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean BBS wheels?

Tiger
05-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Wheel Magic... available anywhere...

Kibokojoe
05-16-2008, 03:17 PM
How do you clean BBS wheels? Any tricks?

HIe34
05-16-2008, 04:03 PM
How do you clean BBS wheels? Any tricks?

work well. It's an Eagle One product.

SnakeyesTx
05-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Billy Mays here..... Use Kaboom and a high pressure hose!

Seriously... I used this stuff... just sprayed it on a warm wheel.. let it sit for about 30 seconds and hosed off all the grime and brake dust... no wiping or rubbing at all.... zero.

The man.... Billy Mays... the Chuck Norris of "as seen on tv" product-whoring.
http://www.allnewyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/billymays1-small.jpg

Paul in NZ
05-16-2008, 11:28 PM
slowly and often....i avoid wheel cleaning products they are corrosive,and you are spraying your bake parts through the wheels.I just use a trickle of water and a cloth or other brush,finish with a blast of water.Its not a pleasant job though,but the result is worth it.

632 Regal
05-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Wasn't he a famous basketball hero or something?

Billy Mays here..... Use Kaboom and a high pressure hose!

Seriously... I used this stuff... just sprayed it on a warm wheel.. let it sit for about 30 seconds and hosed off all the grime and brake dust... no wiping or rubbing at all.... zero.

The man.... Billy Mays... the Chuck Norris of "as seen on tv" product-whoring.
http://www.allnewyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/billymays1-small.jpg

Herb
05-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Strip them, have them powder coated a FLAT DARK color of preference (leave the lip if desired), then just wash and hose off in a normal manner.:D Yes tht is the lazy way, but that is what I did on my e30 14" weaves after one month on autox/race pads.
Herbert

dennyg
05-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Wasn't he a famous basketball hero or something?
I bought a 1990 535 near Pittsburgh PA. In PA. you have to sign off titles with a notary. The notary that helped us that day was the mother of Billy Mags. His mother taught kids to go into show business besides her notary job. Its not much of a leap to see that Billy liked to be dramatic. I think Billy would sell air conditioners in the Polar regions. It would be interesting to see a list of all the stuff that guy has pitched.

Kibokojoe
05-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Ended up using Orange Blast (Walmart) and a tooth brush. Cleaned them three times each time rolling the wheels half a turn. Ended up pretty nice. Now I will use Never Dull. Have used this on my motorcycle great stuff. Need to replace the center caps. The old ones have had it. Thanks for all the advice

uscharalph
05-19-2008, 01:06 AM
Best thing is to get some dustless pads. I'm running the Akebono's right now and boy am I happy with the results.