PDA

View Full Version : HELP my 530i aint workin right

beamergixxer
05-14-2008, 11:07 PM
k heres the deal kinda long but i really need some help here.

had the car in the body shop go to pick it up wont run at all and i drove it in. so i throw a fit they take it to the dealer they say its the mass air flow they disconect it i pick up the car runs but the check engine light is on.

then the car dies on the freway 2 days later that was the crank sensor replaced it car started :0 but it ran really bad.

replaced the mass air flow meater same problem.

k heres the problem the car will not rev past 1500 rpm when its cold as it warms up the revs will go up as well really sux cause i gotta let it idle for 20 minutes before i go anywhare. then its ok acts like its kicking a rev limiter or something. also the car wont charge untill you rev it past 3000 rpm? related? i dont know. just sprayed the entire engine down with carb cleaner and no air leaks anywhare. when it "kicks the rev limiter" the check engine light flashes but it wont stay on. used the stomp test and get no codes.

please help im pulling my hair out.

btw car is a 95 530i (m60) 199288 on the odo automatic

Tiger
05-15-2008, 06:58 AM
Do the stomp test to see what diagnostic engine trouble code is.

DanSr
05-15-2008, 07:39 AM
sounds electrical to me. I'd have a look at the battery, perhaps the body shop ran it down buy leaving the doors ajar or something.

Tiger
05-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Was the crank position sensor BMW factory part? If not, that is your problem. Another possible problem is the O2 sensor is bad.

Tiger
05-15-2008, 09:03 AM
There is no reliable way to test the crank position sensor... even Winifred said so. The aftermarket one causes alot of problem.

beamergixxer
05-15-2008, 09:35 AM
sounds electrical to me. I'd have a look at the battery, perhaps the body shop ran it down buy leaving the doors ajar or something.

battery is good

stomp test comes up with no codes

beamergixxer
05-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Was the crank position sensor BMW factory part? If not, that is your problem. Another possible problem is the O2 sensor is bad.

You think so? The resistance in the sensor is within spec. Tho well I'll see if I can get ahold of a stock one and see if that will fix the problem