PDA

View Full Version : Rattles

Russell
05-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Rattles from seats, perhaps something in front doors. Sunroof rattled a bit until I replaced the seal.

Just added:
My leather seats would squeak where they rubs. leather conditioner or some sort of compatible lube helped.

Door seals also squeak if you do not keep them lubed. I used Gummi-pfledge (gel like rubber lube) which is no longer available from BMW. Other products do not work as well.

Suspension parts can rattle when worn, especially sway bar links.

mamilapon
05-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Ok guys, where are the most common sources of interior rattles on your E34?I've noticed since I;ve installed the Billies HD there are a few more annoying ones.

525i winter driver
05-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Ok guys, where are the most common sources of interior rattles on your E34?I've noticed since I;ve installed the Billies HD there are a few more annoying ones.
the pile of tools on the floor

Sixdown
05-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Driver seat and the seatbelt retractor cover rattle the most. I need to find a clip for my glove compartment too.

Travis_WA
05-14-2008, 11:37 PM
the pile of tools on the floor
+1..

My metric sockets.

MeanM50
05-14-2008, 11:41 PM
My baby seat. But other than that, no rattles yet......(I know, I should get a cookie or something.) I don't know how, but I have no noises that don't belong.

BMWCCA1
05-15-2008, 06:00 AM
Wrap one turn of electrical tape around the post on the door-latch strikers at the B-pillars and C-pillars and see if that helps.

karl1171
05-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Most frequently the lid on the first aid kit under the passenger seat. Also the jack handle knocks aginst the inner wing/bootlid hinge every time you go round a corner. I keep wedging it but it keeps working loose again!

Washburn
05-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Rear hatch on the Touring. The interior flip down tool kit cover won't latch snugly anymore.

healtoeit
05-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Most frequently the lid on the first aid kit under the passenger seat. Also the jack handle knocks aginst the inner wing/bootlid hinge every time you go round a corner. I keep wedging it but it keeps working loose again!
Take some bailing wire (chicken wire) and wrap it around the handle, better then tape b/c you don't have stickyglue from the tape on the handle