PDA

View Full Version : OT: Bimmernut-Widows.com...

e34.535i.sport
05-14-2008, 01:19 PM
It has been suggested by a party that shall remain unnamed (cough*My missus*cough) that there should be a site for her and others like her that have been widowed by this site! LOL! :D

Bimmernut-Widows.com has a certain ring to it I think. I haven't got as far as the content yet...

I think I might be spending a bit too much time on our unbeleivably addictive Bimmer community! :D Am I alone here?!

e34.535i.sport
05-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Haha, I spend a lot of time at work hitting the bmw forums... but get bitched at at home for spending too much time under the bonnet on 'that bloody car' again!

LOL! :D I knew it wasn't just me... I've got no new parts until the weekend to fit and I feel a bit lost! Might bleed the brakes or something to feed the addiction until I can get my hands dirty on the weekend! :p

SC David
05-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Forum Topics:

Garage Cleaning - share your methods of reclaiming a place to put the Christmas tree before next Christmas comes around. Disposing of the gigantic piles of parts, tires, wheels, trim, bumpers, seats, dashes, hoses, tools, fluids and whatever else you find horrendously annoying.

Off Topic - everything else

Ferret
05-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Haha, I spend a lot of time at work hitting the bmw forums... but get bitched at at home for spending too much time under the bonnet on 'that bloody car' again!

e34.535i.sport
05-14-2008, 04:52 PM
No! you are not, however,
this problem can be circumvented by inviting the "missus" to join you in your car excursions!

I have tried beleive me... Although I did explain the compression test to her the other day and she kind of understood it... I was impressed! LOL! :D

whiskychaser
05-14-2008, 05:53 PM
It has been suggested by a party that shall remain unnamed (cough*My missus*cough) that there should be a site for her and others like her that have been widowed by this site! LOL! :D

Bimmernut-Widows.com has a certain ring to it I think. I haven't got as far as the content yet...

I think I might be spending a bit too much time on our unbeleivably addictive Bimmer community! :D Am I alone here?!
It is my experience that women are not happy unless their bloke is doing something - for them

healtoeit
05-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Am I alone here?!
No! you are not, however,
this problem can be circumvented by inviting the "missus" to join you in your car excursions!

healtoeit
05-14-2008, 06:12 PM
for them
Correction: to* them

;)

525i winter driver
05-14-2008, 08:32 PM
I have tried beleive me... Although I did explain the compression test to her the other day and she kind of understood it... I was impressed! LOL! :D i think my gf is happy it keeps me out of her hair... been hooked since i bought the car i need it

shogun
05-14-2008, 10:57 PM
My wife says, better than spending the money in bars, (other) girlfriends etc.

She still has to be convinced that I need a lot of tools, and all of that double at least.

Typical question: why do you need that, you already have one of these special tools...

Paul in NZ
05-15-2008, 02:07 AM
i dont even do work on my car but i find this site so informative.If something needs fixing i ussually tell my indy what i beleive the problem is,or take it to some other place...ie whem my LKM died i printed out the info from e 34 .net and took the car to the auto electrician round the corner....he did the soldering job.Mostly though my cr has needed only routine servicing.

attack eagle
05-15-2008, 05:02 AM
When I replaced the radiator in her car in about 5 minutes, she understood why I need air tools.
When I replaced the starter in an hour after she got stranded due to a busted solenoid connection, she understood why I need lots of hand tools.
When I installed a new radio for her in 10 minutes after hers got ganked, she understood why I need electrical tools.
When I fixed the toilet, hung pictures, painted the walls, etc she understood why i need household tools...

mine helped me swap to 5 speed, (actually turned wrenches on it under the car!) and offered to go buy me more tools if I needed any... :)
She helped me smoke my hellas and didn't blink an eye when I stuck them in the oven to open them.

though she does not like the amount of MONEY i spend on 'that damn money pit', she never complains about me working on it and keeping it in good repair.

Now If I could just get her to quit using my garage as a storeroom for stuff that could be in the attic... I could park my car back inside again

healtoeit
05-15-2008, 09:13 AM
I have tried beleive me... Although I did explain the compression test to her the other day and she kind of understood it... I was impressed! LOL! :D
I was teaching my gf how to drive a clutch (she is about 10x smarter then me in school), when I was done with the explanation of how to her face read "YOU can do this?!?!"
I was proud lol
I tried explaining why I am changing my suspension, she listened but I could tell it way over her head.
We need a book... "How to talk to women about cars"

genphreak
05-15-2008, 09:26 AM
ROFL! Mine is saying 'I knew that new car would be a bunch of problems" after the EWS decided not to let the ECU start the car... I have 5 of them now... from an auto M50 which just needs Cruise control to finish her off to (the new) M60 6 speed.

I couldn't do without my gf, but if it were her or (all) the car (s), I'd have troiuble!

Bring on widows.bimmernut.com- I can just imagine them all discussing and researching our problems whilst we wrench. AE- where do you find a chick like that btw?

I need at least 5 more (like that)... LOL!

Qube
05-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Buy her a bimmer :) She'll be part of 1addicts.com soon...

repenttokyo
05-15-2008, 03:27 PM
my gf is constantly after me to teach her how to maintain her own car - change tires, change oil, etc. She's now replacing her own light bulbs in the signal lights when they burn out, and checking her coolant and tranny fluid levels too.

artguy
05-15-2008, 04:22 PM
You all forgot the most essential tool...Chocolate.

One box keeps them busy for hours, and they don't care what you're doing. ;)

BMWDriver
05-16-2008, 04:56 PM
It'd be easier to add a subforum. They might come peak every once in a while.