PDA

View Full Version : can someone make a recommendation for conventional motor oil...

ryan roopnarine
05-25-2004, 01:14 PM
in a very warm climate. as helga decided to puke her heater core, i don't think i can muster the concern (or the funds) for mobil 1 right now. downloaded a rebate form for the free maxlife conventional, which i will be using. scowering bobisthe... yields no results for m50s with conventionals other than diesel oils. was thinking maybe the 10w40? are there applicable, compelling reasons not to use this oil? i was thinking 10-30, but i remembered that it is conventional, and it can't take as much abuse as the M1. TIA.

George M
05-25-2004, 01:19 PM
nope...only Cary is qualified to make that call...lol. Kidding. Ryan, what is conventional oil?...we all run Mobil 1. Seriously, any name brand top of the line conventional oil will work fine. Bill posted a deal on Valvoline a short while ago...as good as any. In Florida's climate this time of year run 10-40W.
George

Unregistered
05-25-2004, 01:31 PM
Any major brand is good. Follow the weight guidlines in your manual which if you are in Florida would be 20w-50 in the warmer months and 15w-40 or 10w-40 in the cooler months.

Cary

Bill R.
05-25-2004, 02:11 PM
castrol.... here's a link for a 5.00 rebate on regular valvoline (http://www.valvoline.com/pages/rebates/rebate_details.asp?rebateid=17)

And here's a link for 12.00 on maxlife

(http://www.valvoline.com/pages/rebates/rebate_details.asp?rebateid=16)

in a very warm climate. as helga decided to puke her heater core, i don't think i can muster the concern (or the funds) for mobil 1 right now. downloaded a rebate form for the free maxlife conventional, which i will be using. scowering bobisthe... yields no results for m50s with conventionals other than diesel oils. was thinking maybe the 10w40? are there applicable, compelling reasons not to use this oil? i was thinking 10-30, but i remembered that it is conventional, and it can't take as much abuse as the M1. TIA.