PDA

View Full Version : Service Indicator

Golgade
05-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Hello,
I have come up with another questions, probably the most important one. So I just notice that the car has a service indicator, and its all the way to yellow. Plus the car has no service record, no hard copys and anything from the one BMW dealer I asked. So first question is how do I determine if just oil need to be serviced or everything else and what would be a good thing to assume need to be changed at 150,000 miles? I am going to call two other dealer today or tomarrow to see if they have any info on this car, so Ill cross my fingers for that one.
Dan Lafley
95 530i
(with pics on the way I promise)

glen-sj
05-14-2008, 08:37 AM
As a minimum a oil and filter change is in order when the service is in the yellow. You'll be prompt with a message on the dash as to a "Inspection 1" or "Inspection 2" is due.

whiskychaser
05-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Documented service history is your most reliable source. Its easy to reset the indicator-even if you havent done the service

Russell
05-14-2008, 11:08 AM
contact BMWNA and see what they can tell you regarding recalls and selling dealer. Hopefully, they can help.

BigKriss
05-14-2008, 12:58 PM
..change all the fluids and associated filters and use some wire to reset the service indicator...easy :)