PDA

View Full Version : Aux fan vibration

qball
05-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Hope ya'll can help a guy out here. Turned my A/C on for the first time a few weeks ago and it works wonderfully, which was a very pleasant surprise, however, one small problem, when the aux fan kicks it it shakes the whole car. The fan itself appears to work fine, it's just terribly off balance. All the mounts are alright, it's firmly attached, it's just shakes like mad. Any ideas on how to remedy this issue? TIA.

PatrickPGH
05-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Check to see whether or not the fan "hub" is rubbing against something. Mine is currently and everytime I start the A/C it squeals. Don't know if you're experiencing the same problem but it's worth a check.

Patrick

Hope ya'll can help a guy out here. Turned my A/C on for the first time a few weeks ago and it works wonderfully, which was a very pleasant surprise, however, one small problem, when the aux fan kicks it it shakes the whole car. The fan itself appears to work fine, it's just terribly off balance. All the mounts are alright, it's firmly attached, it's just shakes like mad. Any ideas on how to remedy this issue? TIA.