PDA

View Full Version : strut tower brace

arizona coyote
05-09-2008, 12:41 AM
We have a long list of owners interested in a Strong-Strut for their e 34. We are finallygetting close to production and we invite you to check out our other BMW models at our web site. http://www.strong-strut.com
We would like to put together a group buy with a reduced price on the first production run. You can contact us through the email link on our home page.
We'll place your name on the "interested list", no obligation at this time.
Thanks, Paul & the Strong-Strut Team in Arizona.

Sam-Son
05-09-2008, 01:14 AM
looks like a great design with the cutouts for the little bulges int he top of the strut towers Im interested
whats the cost?

repenttokyo
05-09-2008, 09:15 AM
judging from the site, it looks to be around $400.

I'm interested, but that's a bit pricey.

healtoeit
05-09-2008, 09:56 AM
We have a long list of owners interested in a Strong-Strut for their e 34. We are finallygetting close to production and we invite you to check out our other BMW models at our web site. http://www.strong-strut.com
We would like to put together a group buy with a reduced price on the first production run. You can contact us through the email link on our home page.
We'll place your name on the "interested list", no obligation at this time.
Thanks, Paul & the Strong-Strut Team in Arizona.
What is it made out of?

Booster
05-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Definatly a nice looking bar with sweet machine work. But if the price is 400$, thats a triangulated bar price for a 2-point bar part.:(
I say this...but then again, I should point out that my comparison isn't fully fair. My triangulated price is mild steel tubular. Yours is billet alloy with CNC and PC operations.;)
Still.........nice work.
Cheers,Vinny

Sam-Son
05-09-2008, 12:13 PM
weight?

JD525IA
05-09-2008, 12:51 PM
What is it made out of?

I have a 1992 M50 525i, and he needed to do a test fit for the M50 engine.

It is made of mostly 6061-T6 Aluminum. The adjustment screw (for the test sizing jig only, I think) is steel. All the other models he had at his place were all aluminum.

By the way, while there I got to drive his Z4 M-roadster. What a monster! The handling, power, and braking were like nothing I have ever experienced before. He is a real BMW "nut" and knows his stuff. He uses his own braces on his roadster. The steering was so tight that it felt like some race car. I loved it.

JD

AngryPopTart
05-09-2008, 01:22 PM
it looks to be around $400.

Ouch! I'll just make my own in that case.

Isn't the ideal brace one that does not have adjustment? I think I've read that somewhere... I suppose this is so that it never changes position. I'll just weld it while it's in the car if that's true.

yaofeng
05-09-2008, 01:27 PM
I am curious what the strut brace does to a slow poke 525i. Saddling it with more weight so it is even slower?

repenttokyo
05-09-2008, 02:41 PM
I am curious what the strut brace does to a slow poke 525i. Saddling it with more weight so it is even slower?

burn!

Sixdown
05-09-2008, 03:05 PM
I would hope theres no pivot points. Mentioning an adjuster screw doesn't help with that.

healtoeit
05-09-2008, 07:54 PM
It will do the same thing it would to any other car... Stiffen the front end through joining the strut towers together in turn reducing chassis flex.

arizona coyote
05-10-2008, 10:05 AM
looks like a great design with the cutouts for the little bulges int he top of the strut towers Im interested
whats the cost?

We will do our best to bring it in as low as we can and still make it a worthwhile project for ourselves. We understand you are driving somewhat older machines as compared to our e 39 and e 46 customers. We would like to get a group buy going on the forum, the more sales we make, the lower we can get the price. On the other hand, our manufacturing costs in most cases exceed the retail price of lower quality strut braces. If we can get around 20 orders, we can offer them at about $325. There is a lot of machining involved since each part starts life as solid billet 6061 aircraft grade alloy that is T-6 hardened for strength. The Strong-Strut is perfectly executed in all respects and the pivotless design allows it to perform much better than the pivoting models offered by others. If you visit our web page and look at the E39 strong strut, the e 34 will be identical. There are close up photo's showing the detail of each part. We do know that once you hold this baby in your hands, you will know you purchased a beautiful top of the line accessory. The "testimonial" pages on our web site are also interesting reading. Our products reach your doorstep with a full 100% satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime guarantee against failure or breakage. If you don't like it when you open the box, send it back and we pay the shipping both ways and give you a prompt 100% refund. When we started 8 years ago with the BMW Z3 crowd there was an initial price issue but once the word got out it didn't take long for "Strong-Strut" to become a household word with BMW drivers. We make them for the Z3's, Z4's , e38, e39,all e36's, e31's,all ///M versions of those and we just got into the Infiniti FX market.

arizona coyote
05-10-2008, 10:10 AM

Please see response to "Sam Son" above

arizona coyote
05-10-2008, 10:29 AM

A properly functioning strut brace has two major functions. 1) it reduces or eliminates sheet metal flexing in the front end. The benefit of this is that it allows the suspension components to operate at their optimum. This improves steering response and generally adds to the everyday enjoyment of driving, regardless of circumstances. 2) reducing or eliminating chassis flex helps to maintain the structural integrity of the chassis. Over time, and miles, the chassis is subject to many stress cycles which make it feel lose. When you install a quality strut bace, you will pretty much stop that cycle from continuing. The cool people who set up race cars know the first thing they have to do is make the chassis as stiff as possible and then they build on that solid foundation with whatever suspension components they feel are best. Even though you are not racing your e 34, the same principal applies.
Thank you for your interest in the Strong-Strut products. Oh, and by the way, Strong-Strut is a "cottage industry", home grown "mom and Pop" operation. When you contact us with a question, issue, or whatever, you talk directly to me, Paul, the owner. Oh, the installed Strong-Strut is 6 pounds, not to worry :)

arizona coyote
05-10-2008, 10:36 AM
I would hope theres no pivot points. Mentioning an adjuster screw doesn't help with that.

Great question, there are no pivot points! We came up with a clever design that allows the Strong-Strut to adapt to factory differences in vehicles and still not have a pivot point. If you examine the pictures on our web pages of the e 39 strong strut. you can see the relationship of the parts to one another and how we have eliminated the pivoting. The "adjuster screw" locks the cross bar to the ring blocks and then the 4 jam nuts lock everything into place. The "adjuster screw" in a stainless steel inhex bolt that is 1/2 inch in diameter, you can see close ups at the e39 site. Thanks for asking and for you interest in the Strong-Strut. We might mention that one of the reasons our Strong-Struts have been so popular is the fact that we do NOT have pivot points and the BMW driving community is aware that pivot points on strut braces is a poor, 5 year old design.

arizona coyote
05-10-2008, 10:42 AM
What is it made out of?

All the strong strut parts start life as 6061 aircraft grade alloy that has been T-6 hardened for strength. The installed Strong-Strut is 6 pounds. All the part begin life as solid billet material and are CNC machined to their final shape. If you look at the e39 version on our web site, you can see the underside of the rings are machined to match the "bumps" on the shock tower domes. Our design is a non pivoting configuration but it still allows for minor adjustment to address small differences in vehicle dimensions. Thank you for your question and for your interest in the strong-strut.

arizona coyote
05-10-2008, 10:43 AM
weight?

Thanks for asking, 6 pounds installed. The cross bar is quite impressive as it is 3/4 inches thick and 2 inches wide, really beefy :)

arizona coyote
05-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Definatly a nice looking bar with sweet machine work. But if the price is 400$, thats a triangulated bar price for a 2-point bar part.:(
I say this...but then again, I should point out that my comparison isn't fully fair. My triangulated price is mild steel tubular. Yours is billet alloy with CNC and PC operations.;)
Still.........nice work.
Cheers,Vinny

Like anything else, top quality comes at a higher price in most things. In a group buy situation, we would like to bring it down somewhere around $325. We won't know until we start getting emails from you fellows telling us you want one, When all the tentative orders are in, we'll count them and set a price. Nobody is obligated up to that point. Please email us at pebeyer@cox.net and ask to be placed on the e 34 list. Thank you for you interest :) We mention again, our satisfaction policy and guarantee. The Strong-Strut reaches your door with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you don't like it, send it back and we pay the shipping in both directions and give you a PROMPT, 100% refund, no questions asked.

arizona coyote
05-10-2008, 10:49 AM
weight?

6 pounds installed, thanks for asking.

arizona coyote
05-10-2008, 10:50 AM

We will do our best to bring it in as low as we can and still make it a worthwhile project for ourselves. We understand you are driving somewhat older machines as compared to our e 39 and e 46 customers. We would like to get a group buy going on the forum, the more sales we make, the lower we can get the price. On the other hand, our manufacturing costs in most cases exceed the retail price of lower quality strut braces. If we can get around 20 orders, we can offer them at about $325. There is a lot of machining involved since each part starts life as solid billet 6061 aircraft grade alloy that is T-6 hardened for strength. The Strong-Strut is perfectly executed in all respects and the pivotless design allows it to perform much better than the pivoting models offered by others. If you visit our web page and look at the E39 strong strut, the e 34 will be identical. There are close up photo's showing the detail of each part. We do know that once you hold this baby in your hands, you will know you purchased a beautiful top of the line accessory. The "testimonial" pages on our web site are also interesting reading. Our products reach your doorstep with a full 100% satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime guarantee against failure or breakage. If you don't like it when you open the box, send it back and we pay the shipping both ways and give you a prompt 100% refund. When we started 8 years ago with the BMW Z3 crowd there was an initial price issue but once the word got out it didn't take long for "Strong-Strut" to become a household word with BMW drivers. We make them for the Z3's, Z4's , e38, e39,all e36's, e31's,all ///M versions of those and we just got into the Infiniti FX market.

Sam-Son
05-10-2008, 03:07 PM
thanks for the info I hope we can get a good sized group buy goin

arizona coyote
05-10-2008, 03:26 PM

It is made of mostly 6061-T6 Aluminum. The adjustment screw (for the test sizing jig only, I think) is steel. All the other models he had at his place were all aluminum.

By the way, while there I got to drive his Z4 M-roadster. What a monster! The handling, power, and braking were like nothing I have ever experienced before. He is a real BMW "nut" and knows his stuff. He uses his own braces on his roadster. The steering was so tight that it felt like some race car. I loved it.

JD

JD, come back anytime and drive it again :)

M20Turbo
05-11-2008, 08:29 AM

JD

Sounds like Paul treats his customers well..... Do we know how many of us E34 nuts are interested?

healtoeit
05-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Sounds like Paul treats his customers well..... Do we know how many of us E34 nuts are interested?
I'm on their list.

arizona coyote
05-11-2008, 03:16 PM

A properly functioning strut brace has two major functions. 1) it reduces or eliminates sheet metal flexing in the front end. The benefit of this is that it allows the suspension components to operate at their optimum. This improves steering response and generally adds to the everyday enjoyment of driving, regardless of circumstances. 2) reducing or eliminating chassis flex helps to maintain the structural integrity of the chassis. Over time, and miles, the chassis is subject to many stress cycles which make it feel lose. When you install a quality strut bace, you will pretty much stop that cycle from continuing. The cool people who set up race cars know the first thing they have to do is make the chassis as stiff as possible and then they build on that solid foundation with whatever suspension components they feel are best. Even though you are not racing your e 34, the same principal applies.
Thank you for your interest in the Strong-Strut products. Oh, and by the way, Strong-Strut is a "cottage industry", home grown "mom and Pop" operation. When you contact us with a question, issue, or whatever, you talk directly to me, Paul, the owner.

leicesterboy15
05-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Will you ship outside the US? I see that you have a UK distributor, can we in Europe be part of the group buy or do we need to go through the distributor?

healtoeit
05-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Will you ship outside the US? I see that you have a UK distributor, can we in Europe be part of the group buy or do we need to go through the distributor?
If not, I will be willing to ship to you (if you pay) :)

e34.535i.sport
05-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks, but I would take a stab at me not being the only one who wants one over here! You might be strut braced out by the end of it!

I'd be interested for sure depending on the final price...

leicesterboy15
05-12-2008, 10:55 AM
If not, I will be willing to ship to you (if you pay) :)

Thanks, but I would take a stab at me not being the only one who wants one over here! You might be strut braced out by the end of it!

M20Turbo
05-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Paul sent this out in an email, looks like he is going to try and get the price down to $325 (if enough of us get on the list) and he is adding the decorative holes AND the accessory kit, a discount of $55.

What is this email all about?

Dear BMW e 34 driver. As you may recall, the folks at Strong-Strut have been working on a strut brace for the e 34 off and on for quite a while now. We finally have a prototype completed and as soon as we can compile a list of interested owners, we will produce the first production run just to fill those committed orders.

What will it look like?

If you visit this link at the Strong-Strut web site http://www.strong-strut.com/E-39.html you will see the already produced BMW e 39 strong-strut. Please notice there are a variety of photographs available, please see them all. We are showing you this because the e 34 will be identical to the e 39 model. The reason we’re not showing the e 34 prototype is because it is ugly. It is in the raw alloy and we have felt pen writing all over it. Showing it to you would serve no purpose.

Tell me a little about the product

OK >>>>> all the parts start life as 6061 T6 hardened aircraft grade alloy and are totally CNC machined into shape from billet material. We us no cheap stampings, castings, thin hollow tubes, or flat, thin plates like our competition. This is the “Rolex” of shock tower strut braces and it is the ultimate in performance. We use no pivot points like other strut brace makers because those joints defeat the entire purpose of a strut bar in the first place. Our unique design, as seen in the detail pictures of the e 39 Strong-Strut, eliminate any movement or pivoting, yet it still allows for necessary small adjustments to compensate for factory differences in manufacturing.

What will it cost?

If you check our price sheet, you will see the e 39 is $450 and the 11 machined holes (not drilled holes) in the cross bar are an optional $40 extra, as is the $15 optional stainless steel installation hardware kit. Well, the e 39 boys may have a ton of money to throw around because we sell these like hot cakes. However, we understand the e 34 drivers may be a bit more frugal with their money, so we would like to bring them in around $375. However, we hope to get enough numbers in the initial group buy (GB) to get the price down to $325. (no promises here, but we’ll try)
Whatever the price turns out to be, the decorative holes AND the accessory kit will be included at no charge, a discount right there of $55. Shipping in the continental USA, UPS ground is $15.

So now what?

We have a list of emails we have received over the past 2 years from e 34 owners expressing an interest in a Strong-Strut for their car. We also have a new bunch of e 34 owners from the bimmernut.com forum who are joining in the GB. We’re going to contact every name we have on the e34 list and see if they are still interested and we will go from there. Please send an email to theboss@strong-strut.com
and tell us whether or not you are interested in proceeding further. There is no obligation at this point. We are interested in the negative responses so we can take you off the group email list and stop bothering you. For the “positives”, we will count all the orders and apply the lowest price we can based upon those numbers. You will then be informed of that price and at that point, you drop out or make the commitment.

Yeah, so who are you guys?

We have been manufacturing Strut Braces for various BMW models for the past 8 years. We are located in Scottsdale, Arizona. Here are two convenient ways to check us out: visit this site at Roadfly.com, a BMW forum we have sponsored for 7 years http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/z3/search.php?st=strong+strut&dosearch=Search%21&ps=20&m=natural&o=default I simply did a search for “strong strut” and you can read the results for yourself. The second method is to visit the testimonial page
At our web site http://www.strong-strut.com/testimonial_index.htm and read what fellow enthusiasts have to say about our product and service. “Strong-Strut” has become a household word among BMW drivers all over the globe. About 25% of our sales are international. We have had only one Strong-Strut returned to us in 8 years in business and that was because the owner had an atypical e 46 and the Strong-Strut wouldn’t fit it. (by a small margin)

We are a “home grown”, “cottage industry”, when you phone or email us with a question or issue, you speak directly to me, Paul, the owner. We pride ourselves on a high quality product in every way, materials, design, execution, performance and guaranteed satisfaction

Action

Please email us with your tentative order or refusal if that is the case. We will be contacting the interested owners with more information in the next week or so. We will NOT be offering the e 34 Strong-Strut at this GB price in the future. If you want to get the best buy, NOW IS THE TIME. When you respond, please send us your full name and that will better enable us to match it up with the long list of emails we have.

Thank you for reading all this and we hope you will take advantage of the GB and become a smiling member of the Strong-Strut driving family.

If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask, we love talking about our products.

Best regards,
Paul at Strong-Strut
480 513 3222
http://www.strong-strut.com

Keith
05-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Paul sent this out in an email, looks like he is going to try and get the price down to $325 (if enough of us get on the list) and he is adding the decorative holes AND the accessory kit, a discount of $55.

What is this email all about?

Dear BMW e 34 driver. As you may recall, the folks at Strong-Strut have been working on a strut brace for the e 34 off and on for quite a while now. We finally have a prototype completed and as soon as we can compile a list of interested owners, we will produce the first production run just to fill those committed orders.

What will it look like?

If you visit this link at the Strong-Strut web site http://www.strong-strut.com/E-39.html you will see the already produced BMW e 39 strong-strut. Please notice there are a variety of photographs available, please see them all. We are showing you this because the e 34 will be identical to the e 39 model. The reason we’re not showing the e 34 prototype is because it is ugly. It is in the raw alloy and we have felt pen writing all over it. Showing it to you would serve no purpose.

Tell me a little about the product

OK >>>>> all the parts start life as 6061 T6 hardened aircraft grade alloy and are totally CNC machined into shape from billet material. We us no cheap stampings, castings, thin hollow tubes, or flat, thin plates like our competition. This is the “Rolex” of shock tower strut braces and it is the ultimate in performance. We use no pivot points like other strut brace makers because those joints defeat the entire purpose of a strut bar in the first place. Our unique design, as seen in the detail pictures of the e 39 Strong-Strut, eliminate any movement or pivoting, yet it still allows for necessary small adjustments to compensate for factory differences in manufacturing.

What will it cost?

If you check our price sheet, you will see the e 39 is $450 and the 11 machined holes (not drilled holes) in the cross bar are an optional $40 extra, as is the $15 optional stainless steel installation hardware kit. Well, the e 39 boys may have a ton of money to throw around because we sell these like hot cakes. However, we understand the e 34 drivers may be a bit more frugal with their money, so we would like to bring them in around $375. However, we hope to get enough numbers in the initial group buy (GB) to get the price down to $325. (no promises here, but we’ll try)
Whatever the price turns out to be, the decorative holes AND the accessory kit will be included at no charge, a discount right there of $55. Shipping in the continental USA, UPS ground is $15.

So now what?

We have a list of emails we have received over the past 2 years from e 34 owners expressing an interest in a Strong-Strut for their car. We also have a new bunch of e 34 owners from the bimmernut.com forum who are joining in the GB. We’re going to contact every name we have on the e34 list and see if they are still interested and we will go from there. Please send an email to theboss@strong-strut.com
and tell us whether or not you are interested in proceeding further. There is no obligation at this point. We are interested in the negative responses so we can take you off the group email list and stop bothering you. For the “positives”, we will count all the orders and apply the lowest price we can based upon those numbers. You will then be informed of that price and at that point, you drop out or make the commitment.

Yeah, so who are you guys?

We have been manufacturing Strut Braces for various BMW models for the past 8 years. We are located in Scottsdale, Arizona. Here are two convenient ways to check us out: visit this site at Roadfly.com, a BMW forum we have sponsored for 7 years http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/z3/search.php?st=strong+strut&dosearch=Search%21&ps=20&m=natural&o=default I simply did a search for “strong strut” and you can read the results for yourself. The second method is to visit the testimonial page
At our web site http://www.strong-strut.com/testimonial_index.htm and read what fellow enthusiasts have to say about our product and service. “Strong-Strut” has become a household word among BMW drivers all over the globe. About 25% of our sales are international. We have had only one Strong-Strut returned to us in 8 years in business and that was because the owner had an atypical e 46 and the Strong-Strut wouldn’t fit it. (by a small margin)

We are a “home grown”, “cottage industry”, when you phone or email us with a question or issue, you speak directly to me, Paul, the owner. We pride ourselves on a high quality product in every way, materials, design, execution, performance and guaranteed satisfaction

Action

Please email us with your tentative order or refusal if that is the case. We will be contacting the interested owners with more information in the next week or so. We will NOT be offering the e 34 Strong-Strut at this GB price in the future. If you want to get the best buy, NOW IS THE TIME. When you respond, please send us your full name and that will better enable us to match it up with the long list of emails we have.

Thank you for reading all this and we hope you will take advantage of the GB and become a smiling member of the Strong-Strut driving family.

If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask, we love talking about our products.

Best regards,
Paul at Strong-Strut
480 513 3222
http://www.strong-strut.com

Email sent!

arizona coyote
05-16-2008, 08:05 PM
I'd be interested for sure depending on the final price...

Thank you for your interest in the strong-Strut. The UK is our second biggest marketplace after the USA and we routinely ship there. We ship by USPS Global express and the transit time is 6 days. This service includes parcel tracking for your convenience. It cost's $65 to ship this product to anywhere in the UK. If you want to be a part of the group buy at $325 + shipping, please send an email direct to us referrencing this discussion and we will place you name on the list. email to pebeyer@cox.net
Thank you

arizona coyote
05-16-2008, 08:09 PM
What is it made out of?

arizona coyote
05-16-2008, 08:13 PM

Our UK distribitor does not have exclusive sales rights for our product in the UK. We routinely ship to the UK and all over Europe. Yes, any of you can be part of the group buy, simply email me at pebeyer@cox.net, give me a few basic details about your address, car model (engine) and we'll place your name on the list. We ship internationally by USPS Global Express, transit time is 6 days and includes parcel tracking. the cost is $65.

arizona coyote
05-28-2008, 10:36 PM

The UK distributor does not have exclusive rights. You can order direct from us. We ship to the UK routinely

arizona coyote
05-28-2008, 10:40 PM
Please see response to "Sam Son" above

Nope, $325 on the group buy

Ross
05-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Thank you for your interest in the Strong-Strut products. Oh, and by the way, Strong-Strut is a "cottage industry", home grown "mom and Pop" operation. When you contact us with a question, issue, or whatever, you talk directly to me, Paul, the owner.
BURN

M20Turbo
07-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Very disapointed....... Nice strut, but it does not fit over a M20. Not sure what Paul did his test fit on but double check before you order. I just now received my refund via a check. How did the strut fit on your car? I'm assuming some of you guys have received yours by now. How did it fit or not fit on your E34???

M20Turbo
07-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Did anyone else have problems with the Strut or was it just me & my M20???

Very disappointed....... Nice strut, but it does not fit over a M20. Not sure what Paul did his test fit on but double check before you order. I just now received my refund via a check. How did the strut fit on your car? I'm assuming some of you guys have received yours by now. How did it fit or not fit on your E34???

mottati
07-29-2008, 06:08 PM
i have had mine on my M5 for a few weeks now. The clearance between the bar and the plenum is tight, but there is clearance. I had to slide the coil down an inch or so as well.

attack eagle
07-29-2008, 09:11 PM
what's with all the canned responses?

repenttokyo
07-29-2008, 09:18 PM
what's with all the canned responses?

salesman speak.