PDA

View Full Version : Worked on a mini cooper S yesterday, talk about a shoehorned motor...

Bill R.
05-25-2004, 10:19 AM

Brian C.
05-25-2004, 10:44 AM

Bill R.
05-25-2004, 10:47 AM
for 2 years without an oil change or service... didn't want to drive 125 miles to the nearest dealer so since his warranty's about up anyway he brought it to me...

Brian C.
05-25-2004, 10:50 AM
for 2 years without an oil change or service... didn't want to drive 125 miles to the nearest dealer so since his warranty's about up anyway he brought it to me...

Bill R.
05-25-2004, 10:54 AM

Hector
05-25-2004, 10:56 AM
and felt interesting/weird. Still didn't like that big ol' speedometer staring at me. There was one with the hood open. Every nook and cranny seemed to be accounted for in the engine compartment. It's fuel economy though is a major plus.

Bill R.
05-25-2004, 11:00 AM
plugwires :p

Brian C.
05-25-2004, 12:37 PM
I've opened my hood twice since I've had the PT!
:D

Brian C.

George M
05-25-2004, 12:38 PM
Tuner Transformation...the cable TV show had an episode on modding a new mini. They had a crackerjack wrench on the set that showed pulling the transaxle out and installing a limited slip....perhaps it was a Quaife gear...which is pretty well known in tuner circles. Think they also added a supercharger on the show.
As you say...it is tight...think they pulled the bumper and front cladding off but that may have been to add an intercooler for the supercharger.
George

Bill R.
05-25-2004, 12:42 PM
a whole lot of fun to get to and the alternator is under the supercharger.. The intercooler is up on top so its not too bad to get at, even for the oil filter I had to make a special wrench to get at it...

Tuner Transformation...the cable TV show had an episode on modding a new mini. They had a crackerjack wrench on the set that showed pulling the transaxle out and installing a limited slip....perhaps it was a Quaife gear...which is pretty well known in tuner circles. Think they also added a supercharger on the show.
As you say...it is tight...think they pulled the bumper and front cladding off but that may have been to add an intercooler for the supercharger.
George

MicahO
05-25-2004, 01:50 PM
And here I can't seem to stop opening the hood on my toy. I even show my 18 month old. She nods appreciatively, but somehow I don't think she shares my passion..... My son likes to take a flashlight and "...fix it - THERE it is!"

I've opened my hood twice since I've had the PT!
:D

Brian C.