PDA

View Full Version : Wheel center cap help ... please

GS535i
05-08-2008, 08:50 AM
One of my center caps went AWOL - and I have had no luck finding a replacement: I would appreciate any information that would help me source one.
It would be easy if it were a stock wheel, but as the pics show, the hex nut metal cap is a threaded screw on type that holds the aluminum disc in place to cover the studs. The wheels are three piece with a forged 5 spoke spyder (16x8) with no apparent manufacturer name - other than 'made in Japan'. Nice wheels, they were put on the car by the CA dealership when delivered in '90 to the first owner, and I bought the car in TX in '92.

The nut spins off with the standard BMW 80mm wrench: the diameter of the nut flange is 100mm, and the female threads are 67mm ( the wheel is correctly hubcentric for the car, and the center extends up through the bolt pattern as a male threaded stub to capture the nut. The disc is ~145mm od, and 68mm id. The disc is easy to fabricate if one cannot be found - but the nut would be a real job :) .

Any leads appreciated - even a metal nut of the push-on type may do if I could make a threaded insert to fit inside.

GJPinAU
05-08-2008, 07:01 PM
They look like Simmons 3 piece or replicas.

Tiger
05-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Possible HRE?