PDA

View Full Version : Fuse 5

nirvana19
05-04-2008, 11:56 AM
This fuse keeps blowing, its related to the parking lights and interior lights. At first I suspected the issue was with my right front corner light which had a loose connection, but even with that bulb removed I keep blowing that fuse when I turn on the parking lights. The issue happened at first during the rain and replacing the fuse remedied the problem, but now the fuse blows immediately. Just spent a good amount of time inspecting all the bulbs, nothing looks amiss. The biggest problem is this is taking out all my dash lights and rear tail light, but I can't imagine the problem being in the interior. Anyone had a similar issue?

nirvana19
05-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Went through a box of fuses testing out different things, after fully dimming the interior lights and reconnecting it started working, but this coincided with opening a new box of fuses. After reconnecting everything it still works. Unless that box of fuses was somehow "defective" and the fuses were prematurely blowing, I've probably got some intermittent problem that'll pop up again, very annoying. I checked everything that seemed reasonable to access.

Ross
05-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Look for a short to ground in the wiring to the light that was suspect

nirvana19
06-28-2008, 05:26 PM
!*&^%*^)*&!$%&(*)^(&!$
same damn problem again, anyone know of any common places (trunk hinge is an example) where there might be shorts on that circuit (fuse 5, goes to one rear tail, one parking light on each side, and the interior lights, triggers "parking light" check control message). I know one of my brake light bulbs is actually out, but that doesn't really have anything to do with this.

The barrage of check control messages when I start my car is really bothering me... :(

Barney Paull-Edwards
06-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Go with Ross,if you have the time,pull all four corner lights and the interior light unit,operate park and open door, see if fuze blows.The most likely point for a short is something you have moved lately, had a bumper off? I have had two short outs from old wires to fog lights for instance,cured first by replacing wires and second by drying wires and units and spraying with old faithfull, cheap thick hairspray to insulate.