PDA

View Full Version : i drove into a wall yesterday

525i winter driver
05-03-2008, 08:47 AM
man i have the world's worst flu. i never get sick but i have been in bed for a week now, practically unconscious, bad fever... nuts.

took the car out just to pick up the gf who is also really sick. was pulling in through my narrow driveway and caught the edge of my bumper on the brick wall. and my reaction was worse - was like a 200 year-old driver... i stepped on the gas! W T F !?!?!?!?

man if i'd seen someone else do that i would have laughed probably. the damage is really minor - rubber trim (already messed-up anyway), side-marker trashed and scratch on bumper paint.

anyway, i'm pretty sure it's all flu-related... i am feeling pretty dizzy. not on meds or anything but i don't think i should have been driving. not sure why i'm publicly admitting to this other than to say maybe it's not such a good idea to drive when you're really sick.

and maybe to ask around for a front side-marker. anyone?

Dave M
05-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Funny. I only get sick every two or three years, but when I do, its usually pretty bad. My wife believes I'm a puss because I'm never sick and don't get accustomed to it like the rest of the world. I become a 160 lb child and probably shouldn't drive either (as most six year olds ;) ).

Anyhow, glad its just a side marker. I used to have a set, but sent them to the UK in exchange for some euro trim. Someone here will have one. Rigmaster usually has stuff like this, but not sure if he hangs out here much any more???

mikell
05-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Driving while dying - not a great idea. One thing at a time please.
Hope you recover soon - and your car, too.

Ross
05-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Must have been the fever.
I have the strips and the light if you are interested.

525i winter driver
05-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Must have been the fever.
I have the strips and the light if you are interested.
i am already committed to buying new strips from a member here, it sure is nice to be half a step ahead for once. but i would like the marker... pm about to be sent...
thanks for the support all...