PDA

View Full Version : someone hit me

misfortune
04-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Some lowlife backed into my car with a less than one year old paint job. Its a real shame I wasn't there to see it. There would have been blood.

Now my driver door and windows doesn't open. Awesome. I can't fix it right now either, not on less than part time money. Awesome awesome.

I'll post pics later. You guys think its a smarter move to buy a new door and get the chipped paint on the other door touched up? The damage is mostly on the front door.

http://boomstickah.shackspace.com/Car/dent/IMAGE_105.jpg
http://boomstickah.shackspace.com/Car/dent/IMAGE_106.jpg
http://boomstickah.shackspace.com/Car/dent/IMAGE_107.jpg
http://boomstickah.shackspace.com/Car/dent/IMAGE_108.jpg

LunatiC
04-29-2008, 05:19 AM
I'm guessing they left without giving you their details?

leicesterboy15
04-29-2008, 06:33 AM
Sorry to have to bring this up but if the door doesn't open is it definitely just the door thats damaged? In the UK it would be cheaper to replace the door rather than fix it if you can find one in good condition but it all depends on how badly damaged it is.

I feel for you though.

bimmerd00d
04-29-2008, 07:58 AM
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/10/22/there-will-be-blood-poster.jpg

bring it over this weekend, we'll try to hammer it out and see what's up with the door handle.

misfortune
04-29-2008, 11:21 AM
I would hate to be beat up because I accidentally backed into someones car. Now, I understand why people don't leave information.

But they didnt leave information, socrates.

WVe28
04-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Damn dude, that sucks! I'd be pissed as well. Fitting screen name.

misfortune
04-29-2008, 02:31 PM
I would hate to be beat up because I accidentally backed into someones car. Now, I understand why people don't leave information.

I still can't get over how stupid your post is. Seriously. My car just got hit and you take the side of the jackass who hit my car? Are you dumb enough to think that I would have hurt the old mexican lady who dented my car then booked it?

Get ****ed.

AngryPopTart
04-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Some lowlife backed into my car with a less than one year old paint job. Its a real shame I wasn't there to see it. There would have been blood.

repenttokyo
04-30-2008, 06:24 AM

umm, if they had left information, there wouldn't be any anger because they would have taken responsibility for their actions.

replace the door. I was in the same situation last month, and replacing was a lot cheaper than fixing, especially considering they will have to paint almost all of your old door to blend properly.

e34.535i.sport
04-30-2008, 07:43 AM
I didn't take the side of the person who hit your car. I said I understand why people don't leave information; just look at the way you reacted. And after reading this reply should I be less convinced that you were serious?

You make the baby Stalin cry.

They obviously didn't refuse to leave the information due to his reaction because he wasn't even there! A simple note on the windscreen with the insurance details is the moral thing to do... And they don't have to worry about confrontation that way.

Misfortune has every right to be angry- there are way to many **** drivers out there who shouldn't be on the road in the first place, I know I'd be angry after the amount of hours TLC I've given my car over the past year if someone was to damage it.

I think you're aggravating the situation unnecessarily. Wise man once said: If you've nothing positive to say, don't say anything at all.

misfortune
04-30-2008, 12:55 PM
I didn't take the side of the person who hit your car. I said I understand why people don't leave information; just look at the way you reacted. And after reading this reply should I be less convinced that you were serious?

Are you angrypancake? That would explain a lot.

AngryPopTart
04-30-2008, 03:12 PM

AngryPopTart
05-01-2008, 03:58 PM
They obviously didn't refuse to leave the information due to his reaction because he wasn't even there! A simple note on the windscreen with the insurance details is the moral thing to do... And they don't have to worry about confrontation that way.

Misfortune has every right to be angry- there are way to many **** drivers out there who shouldn't be on the road in the first place, I know I'd be angry after the amount of hours TLC I've given my car over the past year if someone was to damage it.

I think you're aggravating the situation unnecessarily. Wise man once said: If you've nothing positive to say, don't say anything at all.

I agree with everything you say. I feel he has a right to be angry, too. I restore cars and build Rods for a living; I know all about something with tons of time and money into it being suddenly scratched, dented or wrecked. But he doesn't have a right to treat the person who hit his car like garbage. He made it sound as if he would have hurt or at least confronted the person in a very furious manner if he had been there. It doesn't matter if it's a 90 year old woman or an 18 year old boy, the likelihood that they hit his car on purpose is slim to none.

And since the OP made it sound as if there would have been such a frightening/stressful confrontation, I can absolutely see why people choose not to leave information. Not because of misfortune's reaction because obviously he wasn't there, but because there are people out there who really do get crazy over such little things. I don't feel it's right nor do I at all sympathise with the person who hit his car, but I understand why people jet. That was my point.

I would stick around in a parking lot if I hit someones car because of my morals, but I would be dreading the possibility they would come out and scream bloody murder the entire time. This is the point at which alot of people decide, "I'm outta here!" Who wants to deal with that kind of stress?

AngryPopTart
05-01-2008, 04:03 PM
umm, if they had left information, there wouldn't be any anger because they would have taken responsibility for their actions.

Yes; you're absolutely right. I was responding to his suggestion that he would have had a violent confrontation with the person who hit his car.

OH, I'm sorry, he probably meant that if he had been there to see it happen, he would have taken the opportunity to stick his finger and check his reading for diabetes. Am I right?

repenttokyo
05-01-2008, 06:49 PM
And since the OP made it sound as if there would have been such a frightening/stressful confrontation, I can absolutely see why people choose not to leave information. Not because of misfortune's reaction because obviously he wasn't there, but because there are people out there who really do get crazy over such little things. I don't feel it's right nor do I at all sympathise with the person who hit his car, but I understand why people jet. That was my point.

yeah i understand why people are *******s too that doesn't make me any more sympathetic to their cowardly, ******** actions.

repenttokyo
05-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Yes; you're absolutely right. I was responding to his suggestion that he would have had a violent confrontation with the person who hit his car.

OH, I'm sorry, he probably meant that if he had been there to see it happen, he would have taken the opportunity to stick his finger and check his reading for diabetes. Am I right?

i'm going to assume you have been in a car accident before. I have been in many car accidents, and i have always felt much better when I was able to speak to the person responsible and come to an arrangement, either through insurance or personal, than I have to come out to my car and find it damaged or scratched by someone who was too irresponsible to respect someone else's property.

but why should I expect anything else out of a troll like you.

AngryPopTart
05-02-2008, 02:54 AM
The only thing I was addressing was the OPs claim that he would have been violent with the person who hit his car if he had been there to see it happen. This is something I do not agree with at all. I think he has a bad attitude. As far as being mad because the person left no information, he has every right to be upset about that. But I understand why people don't leave information; look at how hostile others become.

attack eagle
05-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Agree with what Pop said, sorry. Unstand completely what he said and did not say.

Understanding does not = condoning.

Learn to READ what is said and not ASS-U-ME something was inplied that was not.

OP: file police report, and with insurance... between the two of them they should be able to request video surveillance and hopefully get a plate number to prosecute the hit n run driver...

CharlesAFerg
05-02-2008, 04:19 PM
You found me!

http://a157.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/l_ca1985959b99bb199be43ccbc6f586ec.jpg

anonymous1
05-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Hi,

Sorry to see that kind of damage on what looks like a well looked after vehicle. Hope you manage to get it sorted and doesn't end up costing you too much. From the angle of the dent, they probably didn't have much damage to their own, so didn't see why they should have to pay for yours when they could take the easier and cheaper option of fleeing the scene!

I work in insurance and unfortunately see this kind of thing everyday. When it comes down to it, it has nothing to do with them worrying about the reaction of the person... It's simply a case they think noone has seen them so they can drive off and get away with it. I've had cases where a witness has seen the incident and our policyholder still attempts to claim they haven't been involved. (They're no longer at risk of the owner's wrath, so there goes that theory!) I've even had ones where they've had their picture taken while checking out the damage they've caused (before they flee) and they still deny it! People don't like the idea their premiums will be affected.

I've had someone open their door into my wing and drive off before without leaving details and I had exactly the same reaction. However, had they left details or stuck around, then I wouldn't have for a minute thought about violence 'cause I would have had a way to resolve the problem. End of the day, you cause the damage yourself, then you can face the fact you have to pay to have it sorted, but when someone does it and runs, then you get pissed off!

If you're grown up enough to drive, then you should be grown up enough to face up to the responsibilities that come with it. If that means paying for all the damage you cause by being a piss poor driver, then so be it!

attack eagle
05-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Preaching -----> choir.

whiskychaser
05-03-2008, 07:57 AM
I think you are being naive if you expect people to leave their details after damaging your car in a car park. That said, I can well understand your anger. You are not going to be a happy bunny when somebody has damaged your pride and joy and just driven off. I hope it is 'just' the door panel and you can get it sorted soon.

nirvana19
05-03-2008, 10:37 PM
I think you are being naive if you expect people to leave their details after damaging your car in a car park. That said, I can well understand your anger. You are not going to be a happy bunny when somebody has damaged your pride and joy and just driven off. I hope it is 'just' the door panel and you can get it sorted soon.

When my power steering momentarily failed and I bumped into a camry pulling out of a parallel parking space, I left a note. The person contacted me and said not to worry about it. SOME people leave notes.

whiskychaser
05-04-2008, 03:46 AM
When my power steering momentarily failed and I bumped into a camry pulling out of a parallel parking space, I left a note. The person contacted me and said not to worry about it. SOME people leave notes.
Thats very much to your credit. And I'm not being patronising.

Lordsneldon
05-04-2008, 06:53 PM
****!!!!!! hasnt this got out of hand a little bit, I have read all the comments here, and I understand EVERYBODYS point.
But the bottom line is, that the man posted some pictures of his damaged vehicle and has asked our advice on the best way to repair it.

I would replace the door. It will be much easier and cheaper and if you get the same guy to paint the new door, who painted your car, it should look very tidy again.:)