PDA

View Full Version : Intruder Alert !

Dr. evil
04-27-2008, 02:50 PM
yeah man, i always like how it comes up when the sunroof opens

who put the screw there?

BMWDriver
04-27-2008, 06:06 PM
[bit of a rant]I had a close look at my sunroof last week, and found this estranged rusting "I don't belong here" screw.

It's bad enough I have to take off the sunroof to take care of the rusting bottom. And now I found out I do have a wind deflector with the sunroof. It was held down by the intruder screw.

Know why ? The deflector stopped the sunroof from closing because the seal hit it as it came and so did not close fully. So I took my screwdriver and lifted the seal a bit, and now it closes. Much more effective than putting a rusting type of screw. [/bit of a rant]

'Scuse my frustration.

The good news is how proud I am that I figured it out, and fixed it. I like taking care of my car. I keep getting to know it better and making it a better car.

525i winter driver
04-28-2008, 03:06 AM
The good news is how proud I am that I figured it out, and fixed it. I like taking care of my car. I keep getting to know it better and making it a better car.

nice - you're lucky the screw was so rusty - maybe you wouldn't have noticed it. these kind of fixes are totally worth the time i think.

love that attitude (not) - 'any screw will do...'

525i winter driver
04-28-2008, 10:22 AM
love that attitude (not) - 'any screw will do...'

like this brilliant fix...