PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Up E32 Driver's Seat with Memory and Lumbar in E34?

Paul in NZ
04-26-2008, 05:56 PM
this has ben covered before I am sure.If you look at the coloured wire on the passengers seat,look at the drivers seat to see if the wire colours are the same.Then you can hook up just those wires(and maybe lumbar to get oly those working.The memory will alo have some wires going to mirrors.

vince
04-26-2008, 08:19 PM
I did some searching and didn't find any answers for what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to install a drivers seat with lumbar and memory from an '88? E32 into a '90 525i. The passenger seat plugged right in, no problems. The driver's seat is in great shape now that I've cleaned it up, and will easily bolt it, but my question is about the wiring. Someone previously tried to remove it from the car at the junkyard, and cut the wiring, leaving no connector to the floor harness. Even then, there are many more wires (mostly going to the memory section) than what I have coming from the 525i. Is there an additional harness and plug I need to search for under the carpet, or do I need to do some custom wiring?

Shogun probably knows,

Thanks,

vince

shogun
04-26-2008, 08:30 PM
see my website under
Seat & Mirror Memory Training Reference Book
Find the wiring diagrams for the car, donor car E32
http://shark.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/e32/
compare with your E34 built year and month
http://shark.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/e34/

If you do not add to your profile the exact model, built year and month and country version such as U.S. or EURO and last 7 numbers of your VIN, no one help in detail

vince
04-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Gee, thanks....

What I was wondering about is whether there is another connector that I should be fishing about for. I was hoping someone who has done this kind of conversion would be able to give me a simple yes or no answer. I am not as familiar with the BMW wiring diagrams (which I already have), and won't bother to do much if any custom wiring as my main interest is in replacing a worn seat with a nicer one.
I don't see myself using the lumbar or memory very often. The 525i is a 5/90 USA model (BC93035), and in previous electrical work, I think I've seen some deviations from the 90/91 wiring diagrams.

Thanks again,

vince
Naperville, IL

shogun
04-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Vince, add that to your profile in "User CP" that it is always shown when you post, so no need to add always such info:
525i 5/90 USA model VIN BC93035

Can you make pics of the wirings of the seats and plugs and post them here? Then some of our electric wizzards can help you.