PDA

View Full Version : 95 525i died

blkspruce
04-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Hello all.

I started my car and drove maybe 100ft, forgot to pick something up in the store, parked again and when I returned....no start. The car turns over but will not start. I checked the fuel pump fuse, replaced the relay and still nothing. Any help?

Thank you

Adnan
04-26-2008, 09:02 PM
Hello all.

I started my car and drove maybe 100ft, forgot to pick something up in the store, parked again and when I returned....no start. The car turns over but will not start. I checked the fuel pump fuse, replaced the relay and still nothing. Any help?

Thank you

Hi,

Have you tried flooring the accelerator and cranking? If it's flooded because of leaky injectors, it won't start. Cranking with the throttle wide open will help clear excess fuel.

Of course, if the problem is spark related, this won't help. It's usually air, fuel or spark problems so go down the list of logical suspects. Check DME fuses, etc. as well.

Good luck,
Adnan

RobPatt
04-27-2008, 09:42 AM
do searchs for the crank position sensor...

but simplier is also to replace the main relay along w/and next to the fuel pump relay....

Ross
04-27-2008, 06:11 PM
+1, short running on a cold engine often will result in flooding. Hold the throttle open and keep cranking.