PDA

View Full Version : Wipers & cruise don't work?

Coldaccord
04-25-2008, 04:19 AM
92 525i. Both my windhsield wipers aren't working and my cruise. But the squirter function on the wiper stalk works

could it be a relay? if so which one? I just can't imagine both stalks going bad at once

Coldaccord
04-26-2008, 11:28 AM
ttt

Coldaccord
04-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Didn't even notice this thread until after I put up mine. When did the wipers fail? Dunno bout my cruise control I never use it. My sprayer thing still works, when I put the wipers on high I hear buzzing but on any other level nothing.

sounds like a wiper motor

Disturbed speed signal from the sensor at the rear of the final drive/pick up. Both functions need a clear signal. Clean, check wirings at connector.
Bruno's page has ino.

would make sense for the cc, but why would the wiper stalk fail at the same time?

nirvana19
04-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Didn't even notice this thread until after I put up mine. When did the wipers fail? Dunno bout my cruise control I never use it. My sprayer thing still works, when I put the wipers on high I hear buzzing but on any other level nothing.

shogun
04-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Disturbed speed signal from the sensor at the rear of the final drive/pick up. Both functions need a clear signal. Clean, check wirings at connector.
Bruno's page has ino.

Coldaccord
05-03-2008, 11:59 AM
the vss would affect the wiper switch?

whats brunos page

thanks for the info

Dave M
05-03-2008, 03:38 PM
brunos speed sensor page (http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/electrical/speed_sensor.htm)

Coldaccord
05-04-2008, 12:18 PM
thanks for the link.

do you think that could be the case though? my speedo is fine, never had any problems. and my cruise and wipers aren't erratic, they just don't function whatsoever

Dave M
05-04-2008, 03:18 PM
thanks for the link.

do you think that could be the case though? my speedo is fine, never had any problems. and my cruise and wipers aren't erratic, they just don't function whatsoever

Would I put money on it being the problem? No. I don't have any experience with this stuff, but intuitively, it doesn't seem 'connected'.

Dave