PDA

View Full Version : Custom 540 Radiator Group Buy

l8apex
05-24-2004, 03:56 PM
My1994 540 now has a stock engine and cooling system, and I tend to have problems with overheating when driving at full speed on the track on hot days. I'm running with 50/50 BMW coolant/water with "Water Wetter" and still having problems (the airflow path through the A/C condenser has been cleaned out). In addition, I'm planning to add a twin screw supercharger "in the vee" when it becomes abvailable from Eurosport, and will hopefully be running 500 to 600 horsepower on a rebuilt/enhanced engine.
I'm going to need extra cooling capacity for my current driving application, and especially for the supercharger per Ron Davis Racing, and they can provide a custom, high-capacity radiator for this application which will accomodate the intended horsepower.
If they sell at least 5 radiators, they will offer a dealer price amounting to a 15% discount. We're talking $600 to $900 for an all-aluminum high-flow radiator compared to $350 for the factory model with plastic end tanks. The exact quote is pending shipping my radiator to them as a model. The radiators can be done within 2 or 3 weeks. Any takers? dbrennan@netins.net

Hector
05-24-2004, 04:26 PM
looking to upgrade my m30 radiator to a 540 one. I'm all pro metal radiator. I'll sit back and see how many offers drop in.

My1994 540 now has a stock engine and cooling system, and I tend to have problems with overheating when driving at full speed on the track on hot days. I'm running with 50/50 BMW coolant/water with "Water Wetter" and still having problems (the airflow path through the A/C condenser has been cleaned out). In addition, I'm planning to add a twin screw supercharger "in the vee" when it becomes abvailable from Eurosport, and will hopefully be running 500 to 600 horsepower on a rebuilt/enhanced engine.
I'm going to need extra cooling capacity for my current driving application, and especially for the supercharger per Ron Davis Racing, and they can provide a custom, high-capacity radiator for this application which will accomodate the intended horsepower.
If they sell at least 5 radiators, they will offer a dealer price amounting to a 15% discount. We're talking $600 to $900 for an all-aluminum high-flow radiator compared to $350 for the factory model with plastic end tanks. The exact quote is pending shipping my radiator to them as a model. The radiators can be done within 2 or 3 weeks. Any takers? dbrennan@netins.net

Tiger
05-24-2004, 04:42 PM
Your coolant ratio is too high... try 70% water/ 30% coolant.