PDA

View Full Version : Replacement sources for decklid cloth

saluki540i
04-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi All,
A few months back someone had tipped me off to a guy that sold the correct replacement material for the charcoal decklid on my triple black 540i. Since then I've not been able to find him, and need the fabric asap to complete it when the rear subframe and shocks go back in. I'm relocating to Wichita, KS and want the car movable for transport within the next month. It's been off the road now for 18 months.

MBXB
04-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Here's the guy in Orlando who has the correct thickness headliner.

http://stores.ebay.com/Headliner-Express

Say Hi to the band at PK's.

saluki540i
04-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks Ramon, I'll definitely get in touch with them. I'm wondering if the anthracite and charcoal "textured" material are what I need for my car? I didn't see any mention of decklid or parcel shelf, so I'll just want to verify that it's the same material, especially for the price. You'd think for that kind of money it wouldn't turn purple from a little sun.

saluki540i
04-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Ordered the anthracite material from "Old Stock For Less" today and was really pleased with his help. We talked cars a bit and he was very attentive to my questions. I hope to redo the decklid mid-week after I get back from Wichita and my house recon. trip. I'm dropping the rear STA's off at Suntrup BMW to have the stub axles pressed in along with the C-clips - anybody that has attempted this at hom would know why. It is going to be good to get the 5er back on the road after such a lengthy vacation & I can't wait to see mow much better the car drives after replacing just about everything under the car.