PDA

View Full Version : Another Montreal Meet - Mid*May, or Mid June ?

BMWDriver
04-20-2008, 09:47 PM
EDIT : Date
Saturday May 17 1:30 pm at the Colossus Theater in Laval (close to Highway 15).

Sunday if it rains.

Those I suspect that are going:
Byeyou
BMWDriver (your humble servant)
525i winter driver
bad manners god
Reppenttokyo
Qube
MurderBlack
Monastie

Well there's a lot of enthusiasm, and I*can certainly understand why. We had a great time sharing stories, tips and taking pics. So, my suggestion would be for another meet in Montreal mid May or mid June.

I would suggest Old Montreal close to the Exchange Tower (la Tour de la Bourse) on Victoria square. It's a somewhat deserted part of town during weekends.

Other ideas more than welcomed. Depending on how many participants, my idea might be bad. We can go South Shore, Laval, Brossard... whatever.

bad_manners_god
04-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Well there's a lot of enthusiasm, and I*can certainly understand why. We had a great time sharing stories, tips and taking pics. So, my suggestion would be for another meet in Montreal mid May or mid June.

I would suggest Old Montreal close to the Exchange Tower (la Tour de la Bourse) on Victoria square. It's a somewhat deserted part of town during weekends.

Other ideas more than welcomed. Depending on how many participants, my idea might be bad. We can go South Shore, Laval, Brossard... whatever.

Laval, yay....im not super-familiar with montreal.

byeyou
04-21-2008, 07:44 AM
yes i'm in..... i think that would be nice.....
by the way nice paint job Bad Manners, your touring LOOKS FRESH..... ofcourse w/ the angel eyes also....

bad_manners_god
04-21-2008, 07:59 AM
by the way nice paint job Bad Manners, your touring LOOKS FRESH..... ofcourse w/ the angel eyes also....

No angel eyes on the touring yet. I just want to be able to drive beside/behind another touring and people looking at us and saying....wtf...a bmw "station wagon"

525i winter driver
04-21-2008, 01:31 PM
hmmm - i want to make the one in chicago altho i'm not sure if i can... if i go to a bimmer meet every month i might die as a result of the (ahem) love i wouldn't get anymore... i'll have to sneak out for this one...what's a good excuse?

MurderBlack
04-21-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm totally IN! and old montreal sounds interesting.

BMWDriver
04-21-2008, 06:46 PM
hmmm - i want to make the one in chicago altho i'm not sure if i can... if i go to a bimmer meet every month i might die as a result of the (ahem) love i wouldn't get anymore... i'll have to sneak out for this one...what's a good excuse?

Take her shopping, just drop her off downtown, giver her some cash, and pick her up at an appointed time. Don't all women love to shop ?:D

BMWDriver
04-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Laval, yay....im not super-familiar with montreal.

Any suggestions ? Your shop ?

bad_manners_god
04-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Any suggestions ? Your shop ?

I guess we could meet up there, it's just that my area is REALLY bad with the pot holes....

We could always meet at the St-Dorthee Shopping Centre, it's the first exit in laval from the 13.

There's a lot of free room...I'll go scouting tonight and see what I can find.

bad_manners_god
04-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Did some quick scouting tonight guys and I came up with this for Laval...

A.) Carrefour Laval, 3rd Floor Parking Lot...Right off the 15.

Pics:
http://usera.imagecave.com/badmannersgod/DSC00517.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/badmannersgod/DSC00519.JPG

B.) Famous Players Theatre: Colussus Laval...Also Right off the 15.

Pics:
http://usera.imagecave.com/badmannersgod/DSC00520.JPG

C.) Cosmodome...Across the Street from Colussus^^

Pics:
http://usera.imagecave.com/badmannersgod/DSC00523.JPG

D.) Saint-Dorthee Shopping Centre...First Exit off the 13 in Laval

-Lots and lots of room
-They usually have another meets/car shows here

E.) BMW Laval...Just off the 440

-Just park a bunch of E34's among all the new BMW's

byeyou
04-22-2008, 02:33 PM
those r nice spot to meet... i'm excited..... when????

Monastie
04-22-2008, 02:37 PM
cool, the sooner the better since I missed the last one :)

BMWDriver
04-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Well, how about May 17 at the Colossus, 1:30 pm. People usually go to the theater at night except for families. So I figure the Colossus' parking lot ought to be fairly empty.

bad_manners_god
04-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Well, how about May 17 at the Colossus, 1:30 pm. People usually go to the theater at night except for families. So I figure the Colossus' parking lot ought to be fairly empty.

Just have to make sure there are no opening movies that weekend that would be fairly popular, not to mention the theatre only opens at 12, so it shouldn't get too busy by then.

525i winter driver
04-22-2008, 07:31 PM
i'll try to come to any meet of course...

just my 2 cents, but i think the 3rd floor parking lot looks pretty cool at night.
my vote for this one would be for meeting there at dusk on a weekday, but i don't mind a weekend meet again either...
i don't think i can make it that specific weekend tho.

bad_manners_god
04-22-2008, 09:05 PM
i'll try to come to any meet of course...

just my 2 cents, but i think the 3rd floor parking lot looks pretty cool at night.
my vote for this one would be for meeting there at dusk on a weekday, but i don't mind a weekend meet again either...
i don't think i can make it that specific weekend tho.

The great part about the 3rd floor parking lot, cosmodome and colussus is that they are all within 2 minutes of each other.

byeyou
04-23-2008, 02:07 PM
yes ofcourse i'm in... May 17... is perfect for me

bad_manners_god
04-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Generic Directions to Colussus from Montreal.

Take 15N (towards St-Jerome)
Take Exit St-Martin - Stay Left
Turn Left at the Lights
Get into your right lane
Turn Right on Avenue Pierre-Peladeau
Stay Right
Turn Right on Avenue Du Cosmodome
Stop at 2800 Avenue Du Cosmodome
Can't miss the big theatre on your left

Monastie
04-24-2008, 10:19 AM
hey there's a meet at julep on the 29th if anyone's interested.
details (http://forums.montrealracing.com/bmw-sponsored-bimmershop-ca/552709-its-about-time-again.html)

I'm probably going

repenttokyo
04-24-2008, 11:45 AM
you don't need a window regulator to drive your car, dude ;)

repenttokyo
04-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Yea, I know, but without the Regulator, I can't tint the glass cause I'll probably scratch the tint trying to line up the regulator.

you don't need tints to drive either!

byeyou
04-24-2008, 03:43 PM
alright i'm in for Orange Julup meet on April29... badmanners r u coming also????

bad_manners_god
04-24-2008, 06:22 PM
alright i'm in for Orange Julup meet on April29... badmanners r u coming also????

Not very likely...still need alignment, replace bend arms, alignment, replace whatever else, alignment....window regulator

bad_manners_god
04-24-2008, 07:59 PM
you don't need a window regulator to drive your car, dude ;)

Yea, I know, but without the Regulator, I can't tint the glass cause I'll probably scratch the tint trying to line up the regulator.

MurderBlack
04-24-2008, 08:25 PM
if my car is outta the shop by the 29 ill be at the julep for sure

BMWDriver
04-24-2008, 08:43 PM
I think I might go too; if I don't forget ! (That would be my type of thing to do.)

Monastie
04-26-2008, 08:01 AM
was one of you guys parked on bois-de-boulogne recently?

BMWDriver
04-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Nope.

bad_manners_god
05-09-2008, 10:07 PM
I'll try to make this meet, the first and last this car will probably ever see. Car will be getting completely stripped of everything I put in. Which is the majority of the car.

Long story, might explain at the meet. Anyone have a E34 M50 (Manual preferrably) for sale.

byeyou
05-09-2008, 10:28 PM
here is a link to an online e34 repair manual....:)

http://rapidshare.com/files/11879834/Bentley_BMW_5-Series_Service_Manual_Searchable.pdf.html

I'll try to make this meet, the first and last this car will probably ever see. Car will be getting completely stripped of everything I put in. Which is the majority of the car.

Long story, might explain at the meet. Anyone have a E34 M50 (Manual preferrably) for sale.

bad_manners_god
05-09-2008, 10:31 PM
here is a link to an online e34 repair manual....:)

http://rapidshare.com/files/11879834...hable.pdf.html

Doesn't work....I don't need a repair manual though.

I need to find a M50 Manual so I can swap all the stuff onto it.

byeyou
05-09-2008, 10:34 PM
try it again...

Doesn't work....I don't need a repair manual though.

I need to find a M50 Manual so I can swap all the stuff onto it.

Qube
05-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Interesting... just in time for a certain someone to bring a certain car... heh.

BMWDriver
05-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Bump !
So we're still on for next week ?

BMWDriver
05-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Whoa ! Here's another meet:BMW -*Montrealers Meet (http://forums.montrealracing.com/bmw-sponsored-bimmershop-ca/557522-bmw-meet-monday-may-19th.html)

Quote link:*

When: Monday May 19th
Where: Marche Centrale Parking Lot, Next to PRESSE CAFE
Time: 19h
What to bring: You, your car, and a smile on your face.

byeyou
05-10-2008, 08:42 PM
alright... i think Qube can help you Bad Manners, i think he has a spare e34Bentley Manual.... if he agrees to sell it to you... :)

Interesting... just in time for a certain someone to bring a certain car... heh.

byeyou
05-10-2008, 08:43 PM
yes ofcourse... May17 & May 19th also if you want...

Bump !
So we're still on for next week ?

Qube
05-10-2008, 09:20 PM
alright... i think Qube can help you Bad Manners, i think he has a spare e34Bentley Manual.... if he agrees to sell it to you... :)

Yeah, brand spanking new. I can reshrink wrap it too if you like :)

repenttokyo
05-11-2008, 10:30 AM
when is the meet and where? my car might not be out of the shop with the new suspension in time, but I can always show up in the drop top.

repenttokyo
05-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Whoa ! Here's another meet:BMW -*Montrealers Meet (http://forums.montrealracing.com/bmw-sponsored-bimmershop-ca/557522-bmw-meet-monday-may-19th.html)

Quote link:*

When: Monday May 19th
Where: Marche Centrale Parking Lot, Next to PRESSE CAFE
Time: 19h
What to bring: You, your car, and a smile on your face.

are you going to that ?

Hey-G is a really cool guy. I was a moderator on MR for several years before I got tired of the ********.

bad_manners_god
05-11-2008, 10:39 AM
I don't need an E34 Bently Manual, I have a friend that has it whenever I need to borrow it.

Qube, how much you selling your e34???

That meet is where exactly??

525i winter driver
05-11-2008, 04:00 PM
yes ofcourse... May17 & May 19th also if you want...
i can't make the 17th but i might come out on the 19th - you're bringing the new ride i hope...

byeyou
05-11-2008, 06:33 PM
i dont know what to bring coz for sure i'll be excited to drive the 535i of ____, but for sure it's the touring to be different....:)
and ofcourse i'll bring your stuff..... Grill & side moldings.....:)

i can't make the 17th but i might come out on the 19th - you're bringing the new ride i hope...

bad_manners_god
05-11-2008, 07:26 PM
i dont know what to bring coz for sure i'll be excited to drive the 535i of ____, but for sure it's the touring to be different....:)

Ha, your not the only one with a touring, for this meet anyway.

byeyou
05-11-2008, 07:30 PM
absolutely not the only one, i mean the two of us will be different.... hehe...:)

Ha, your not the only one with a touring, for this meet anyway.

BMWDriver
05-11-2008, 08:13 PM
The meet on the 17th is scheduled at 1:30 pm at the Colossus Cinema of Laval, near St-Martin and Highway 15. See first post page with latest info.

I'm in for both !

bad_manners_god
05-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Might have found my next potential car...

E34 M5 91...342,000KM on the car but I can rebuild the engine myself if it needs.

He's asking 7,775 on lespac....what do you guys think?

repenttokyo
05-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Might have found my next potential car...

E34 M5 91...342,000KM on the car but I can rebuild the engine myself if it needs.

He's asking 7,775 on lespac....what do you guys think?

I don't think you can rebuild that engine yourself. and if you could, it would probably cost you between 8 and 10 thousand dollars.

I found the ad:

BMW M5 1991, original, 5 vit, 315ch, 4 places, tres rare, seulement 128 au Canada de cette année! besoin de travaux moteur et un peut estetique,

Do not buy this car. With the money you will need to repair the engine, you could easily afford a near perfect M5.

bad_manners_god
05-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't think you can rebuild that engine yourself. and if you could, it would probably cost you between 8 and 10 thousand dollars.

I found the ad:

Do not buy this car. With the money you will need to repair the engine, you could easily afford a near perfect M5.

Wow, thanks for the advice... I was starting to look at E34's since that's where my heart lies but it seems that I might be keeping the Touring even though I won't be driving it for a while....

I sell the big pieces of the sound system in the meantime to pay off my debts and then buy them again at a later date should I wish to put them in again.

Just to know, what's hard about this engine to rebuild it versus an M50 let's say?

repenttokyo
05-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Wow, thanks for the advice... I was starting to look at E34's since that's where my heart lies but it seems that I might be keeping the Touring even though I won't be driving it for a while....

I sell the big pieces of the sound system in the meantime to pay off my debts and then buy them again at a later date should I wish to put them in again.

Just to know, what's hard about this engine to rebuild it versus an M50 let's say?

there is a lot of good information here:

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=12

The engine is complicated and parts are very very expensive bc it is uncommon.

What has happened to your touring that suddenly makes it undriveable?

bad_manners_god
05-11-2008, 09:55 PM
there is a lot of good information here:

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=12

The engine is complicated and parts are very very expensive bc it is uncommon.

What has happened to your touring that suddenly makes it undriveable?

Nothing happened to the touring, just parents that don't want me driving it.

byeyou
05-11-2008, 10:21 PM
what's wrong w/ the engine? co'z i hav a spare M50 non-vanos engine came from my e34 touring...

BMWDriver
05-11-2008, 11:11 PM

They really hate the vents on the hood that bad... Can't argue with that, but still...

Well, move out dude, find some roomies and you'll party whenever, and do whatever with the car that you like.

Monastie
05-12-2008, 02:22 AM
They really hate the vents on the hood that bad... Can't argue with that, but still...

Well, move out dude, find some roomies and you'll party whenever, and do whatever with the car that you like.
lol are you serious...

525i winter driver
05-12-2008, 02:36 PM
wtf but they don't mind if you take an m5 for a spin? guess it must be the vents...

525i winter driver
05-12-2008, 02:42 PM
awesome, thanks! i need them more than i used to, heh...

i might not show to either meet tho, nuthin personal of course.... my plans for this w/e have changed and i'll be around just maybe busy at those times- i think we have to meet up sometime during the week anyway tho unless your plans changed? let me know...

bad_manners_god
05-12-2008, 06:05 PM
awesome, thanks! i need them more than i used to, heh...

i might not show to either meet tho, nuthin personal of course.... my plans for this w/e have changed and i'll be around just maybe busy at those times- i think we have to meet up sometime during the week anyway tho unless your plans changed? let me know...

You have to be there, it'll probably be the only time you get to see it before it goes into 6-month storage.

I'd buy the M5 with my own money....the touring is under my dad's name.

525i winter driver
05-12-2008, 08:03 PM
You have to be there, it'll probably be the only time you get to see it before it goes into 6-month storage.

I'd buy the M5 with my own money....the touring is under my dad's name.
shoot... well... i'm going to try...

repenttokyo
05-12-2008, 08:11 PM
shoot... well... i'm going to try...

I'm going to try to make it too, would be nice to meet you before I have to move away.

525i winter driver
05-12-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm going to try to make it too, would be nice to meet you before I have to move away.
likewise - it's out of my hands tho saturday.... chances are 50/50 a rehearsal gets scheduled then.
i was originally going to be in victoriaville this weekend but i have to stay in town now so at least now there's a chance i can come.

repenttokyo
05-14-2008, 02:10 PM
So - forecast calls for 90 percent rain saturday. we doing this rain or shine?

bad_manners_god
05-14-2008, 05:25 PM

I'm still coming as long as my car isn't on the lift...

Took it to alignment monday, rear diff support is bent....has to be changed complete.

repenttokyo
05-15-2008, 12:40 PM

so we don't want to move this to sunday if it rains saturday?

525i winter driver
05-15-2008, 12:49 PM
so we don't want to move this to sunday if it rains saturday?

i can come for sure sunday, weather report is changing all the time....

maybe monastie needs an extra day to get going:D ... how's it going, dude?

BMWDriver
05-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Weather forecast is changing. Radio Canada says rain on Sunday whereas Météo Média says sunny on Sunday. It's a bit of a gamble.

repenttokyo
05-16-2008, 11:11 AM
I guess we just stick with Saturday and hope for the best?

525i winter driver
05-16-2008, 01:42 PM
I guess we just stick with Saturday and hope for the best?
looking good for me

BMWDriver
05-16-2008, 04:25 PM
We can certainly add Sunday as an option. However, it looks like the weather's going to be iffy. I would not be surprised if it rained in Montreal and not in Laval, or that it may rain on and off... that kind of scenario.

There's also rain forecast for Monday, 50%.

repenttokyo
05-16-2008, 06:32 PM
well, i will show up saturday then.

bad_manners_god
05-16-2008, 06:48 PM
I'll be there too tomorrow, car isn't on lift, I just have to put the rear left door panel on, put the subs and head-unit back in...

i'll be up at 10 tomorrow to finish things up.

Phone number if anyone needs: 514-799-1378.

I can give you general directions from the highway 15 if you get lost. I'm a few minutes away from the theatre.

repenttokyo
05-17-2008, 05:39 PM
That was a lot of fun :) It was great to meet everybody.

bad_manners_god
05-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Wow, the touring lasted 1 meet, I was driving around with her after for a bit and started losing the trans... trans program error came up, then Drive was slipping, ended up getting back to the garage with 2nd.

Maybe it's time to swap.

Qube
05-17-2008, 07:03 PM
So, where's the pics of yer car at the meet :)

bad_manners_god
05-17-2008, 07:27 PM
So, where's the pics of yer car at the meet :)

I only got pics on my phone and my phone cable isn't with me to upload the pics, Tim got some nice shots though.

BMWDriver
05-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Interesting paint. I had no idea it had blue and silver sparkles. In line with the rest of the designs. Nice job on the side vents, they look great and are well made.

Too bad about the tranny. Manual is much more of a blast, so you'd love it with the M50 I'm sure.

I learned new things again today. It was a lot of fun. We'll have to do another one.

bad_manners_god
05-17-2008, 08:21 PM
So what did the montrealer's think of the paint in person?

repenttokyo
05-17-2008, 08:25 PM
definitely sparkly!

bad_manners_god
05-17-2008, 08:29 PM
definitely sparkly!

Lol, probably sparklier than all those imports....soon they'll have to change the traffic directions and all us LHD car's will be cool.

525i winter driver
05-17-2008, 11:15 PM
So what did the montrealer's think of the paint in person?
your car is like a spaceship - i should have taken a picture of it next to that rocket thing.

i love it man, maybe i'm a little conservative tho - i'm not inspired to do similar work on mine....

pity about your tranny, hope you can fix it in time for the next one!

525i winter driver
05-17-2008, 11:17 PM
I only got pics on my phone and my phone cable isn't with me to upload the pics, Tim got some nice shots though.
errr, yeah i got a few... i posted them on a new thread. i would have liked to stay longer i would have taken way more.