PDA

View Full Version : which one would you buy...and why?

e34.535i.sport
04-19-2008, 09:02 PM
ATE...

Reason- I have them on now and they work perfectly.

BMW4LIFE
04-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Buy
N1000-27131 Brake Disc PBR IN STOCK $31.05

Buy
N1000-27131 Brake Disc Brembo IN STOCK $49.70

Buy
N1000-27131 Brake Disc ATE IN STOCK $54.42

Buy
N1000-27131 Brake Disc Balo IN STOCK $56.39

BMW4LIFE
04-22-2008, 01:22 AM
ATE...

Reason- I have them on now and they work perfectly.

i keep hearing great things about ATE...I LOVE THEIR BRAKE FLUID....(RACING BLUE DOT 4)

probably the most amazing change for the buck!

any thoughts on balos?

Which rotor would pair well with Jurids?

Blitzkrieg Bob
04-22-2008, 03:30 PM
I had ATE rotors with the elipical slots on Pagid and Jurid pads.

Good stopping power, but really dusty.

When it came thing to do the brakes, I just went for plain Brembo rotors and raybestos QS pads....no dust.

BMW4LIFE
04-22-2008, 06:22 PM
I had ATE rotors with the elipical slots on Pagid and Jurid pads.

Good stopping power, but really dusty.

When it came thing to do the brakes, I just went for plain Brembo rotors and raybestos QS pads....no dust.

yea ive had jurids before and they are dusty as all hell...but the guy at bimmer says the fact that your going to be using a softer rotor you should use a softer pad....its going to wear faster but you get better stopping power....

and that means everything for me =)

so im pretty much stuck on jurids for pads...but the thing now is the rotor...

what is the difference between the

ate
brembo
balo

EngPhys09
04-22-2008, 09:33 PM
I just bought brembos, plan on changing them in 1 week or so.

winfred
04-22-2008, 11:00 PM
ate slotted power discs good/regular ate good now, had some problems a couple years ago
pbr usually super cheap good
brembo real off and on, not worth wasting my time with as i have had several defective ones right out of the box and doing free work sucks ass (can't charge more then one time for a brake job)
balo good
zimmerman xdrilled good

Qube
04-22-2008, 11:21 PM
PBR ceramics are fricking dusty! :) Both on the e39 and e34. MUCH better stopping power with new crossdrilled (no purpose) rotors as well.

BMW4LIFE
04-23-2008, 02:37 AM
ate slotted power discs good/regular ate good now, had some problems a couple years ago
pbr usually super cheap good
brembo real off and on, not worth wasting my time with as i have had several defective ones right out of the box and doing free work sucks ass (can't charge more then one time for a brake job)
balo good
zimmerman xdrilled good

so it basically comes down to which one is the best....

which one would you buy? I have balos now but i got the PBR pads because I thought that they would do the job but its only be like 30k and the rotors are already warped =(

is it the pads or the disc?

winfred
04-23-2008, 08:12 AM
on my cars i go with a slotted or drilled rotor for a little extra performance, i have run pbr's for pretty much as long as i have been driving and have had no complaints, as for warped rotors after 30k that's more the crappy design of not big enough front brakes in my opinion, they are a little under size for hard driving, e32 front rotors and calipers are a nice cheap upgrade ard are 28mm thick instead of 22mm

so it basically comes down to which one is the best....

which one would you buy? I have balos now but i got the PBR pads because I thought that they would do the job but its only be like 30k and the rotors are already warped =(

is it the pads or the disc?

BMW4LIFE
04-23-2008, 05:05 PM
on my cars i go with a slotted or drilled rotor for a little extra performance, i have run pbr's for pretty much as long as i have been driving and have had no complaints, as for warped rotors after 30k that's more the crappy design of not big enough front brakes in my opinion, they are a little under size for hard driving, e32 front rotors and calipers are a nice cheap upgrade ard are 28mm thick instead of 22mm

so i just looked at the prices of the rotors and your right they are not that bad at all.....but

here is my question...and maybe a stupid one at that...do i need to upgrad my calipers? I have a feeling that I might...but I hope I dont....

thanks for your help winfred! =)

saluki540i
04-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Just bought a full set of 4 Balo's and Mintex/OEM replacement pads for mine. Rear rotors were original, fronts were on seconds.

BMW4LIFE
04-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Just bought a full set of 4 Balo's and Mintex/OEM replacement pads for mine. Rear rotors were original, fronts were on seconds.

im not mr. Bmw or nothing but if i recall correctly jurid and textar are OEM not mintex but again i could totally be wrong:(

winfred
04-23-2008, 09:51 PM
you need the calipers too if you want to use the thicker e32 rotors

so i just looked at the prices of the rotors and your right they are not that bad at all.....but

here is my question...and maybe a stupid one at that...do i need to upgrad my calipers? I have a feeling that I might...but I hope I dont....

thanks for your help winfred! =)

saluki540i
04-24-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah, the Mintex pads are supposed to be a OEM spec. compound - I think the original pads on mine were Jurid or Pagid. Kind of a funny story actually because I really just needed the rears but accidentally ordered fronts first. I was really sick and doped up in my defense.

BMW4LIFE
04-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Yeah, the Mintex pads are supposed to be a OEM spec. compound - I think the original pads on mine were Jurid or Pagid. Kind of a funny story actually because I really just needed the rears but accidentally ordered fronts first. I was really sick and doped up in my defense.

so were you doprd up and then got sick

or

sick and then got some dope?!?!

hahaha

jk

couldnt resist! ;) :D