PDA

View Full Version : 525i Will Not Crank Help Help Please

Level-10
04-19-2008, 07:30 PM
My 1991 525i will not crank. The key will go in ignition but when turned it won’t fire. The battery is okay and everything electrical works fine, Dashboard lights come on ect but it will not start--no ticking sound--nothing! Can anyone please help me with this problem Many Thanks?

glen-sj
04-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Checked all your fuses? Check the ones in the rear fuse box under the rear seat? Also check the fusible link next to the battery. The same thing happened to me and it was two 7.5 amp fuses blown in the rear fuse box.

ahlem
04-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Check some relays. My daughter just took off with the 325 or I would take a peek and give you more info. If you have a manual of some sort, there is a trouble shooting guide. The Haynes is about $19.95 at most auto parts stores. Please clarify whether the starter cranks the engine over.

525i winter driver
04-20-2008, 06:59 AM
My 1991 525i will not crank. The key will go in ignition but when turned it won’t fire. The battery is okay and everything electrical works fine, Dashboard lights come on ect but it will not start--no ticking sound--nothing! Can anyone please help me with this problem Many Thanks?

are you 100% sure your battery is ok? checked the voltage? just because your dashboard lights work doesn't necessarily mean you have enough juice for the starter. in mine the stereo amp died before anything else - it was a great clue.