PDA

View Full Version : trunk auto locks/unlocks whole car...now.

BadAss95-530i
04-18-2008, 01:34 AM
Yet another 2 probably no-so-smart questions. (a dog ate my Bentley. Kid you not. 80lb, one year old AmStaff)

1. I recently got a keyless fob off ebay w/a new chip (awesome by the way-$46 shipped and now i have keyless and a fully operating alarm system) and now when i use the the reg key to unlock the TRUNK, all my doors lock/unlock at the same time. Im not complaining! I love actually having the features im supposed to, but that feature has not worked for the last year ive owned the car. Are the two related or was it coindcidence? Can the keyless kickstart that function making me golden, or is it a short that likely will crap out on me again some day?

2. Now the real dumb question...
I admit, i havent jacked the sucker up to have a proper look yet, but...
The freaking crank nut to turn the engine: Everyone says its a big nut on the block, and i suspected its the big one inside the vibration dampener (m60 engine). If that is not it, please someone direct me to it. And hold my hand like a small child when doing so...

Thanks

Ross
04-18-2008, 09:11 AM
1 I would suspect a break in the trunk wire harness causing intermittant operation. Have a look at it near the upper part of the hinge where it exits plastic cover.
2 Yes, that's the one