PDA

View Full Version : suspension woes

RallyD
04-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Stock stuff was junk. Rear sagging, front propped in the air. Like a sucker, I got the KYB / Vogtland combo off ebay as the car has 212K so I figured how much longer would I have it. Well that was stupid. The KYBs were complete garbage, I think stock shocks would have been better. I don't know who said that the KYBs were firm, "kill your butt" was the line iirc. What a load of garbage, the only butt killing was when the bumpstops hit.

So I ordered up a set of Bilstein Sports. Well this sucks too. The Vogtlands are too soft and the Bilsteins are trying their best to cope with it but they just don't get along. Now I am going to do what I shouldve done from the start and ordered Eibach springs. They arent as low so I will preserve more travel and won't bottom out in NYC (hopefully). A $450 lesson but I got what I deserved. Even with a mere 212K the car is doing well and I hope to hit 300k+

I'll update once the Eibach springs come in and I install them, if I am still disatisfied, I'm selling the car and getting a 5er touring like I always wanted.

healtoeit
04-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Stock stuff was junk. Rear sagging, front propped in the air. Like a sucker, I got the KYB / Vogtland combo off ebay as the car has 212K so I figured how much longer would I have it. Well that was stupid. The KYBs were complete garbage, I think stock shocks would have been better. I don't know who said that the KYBs were firm, "kill your butt" was the line iirc. What a load of garbage, the only butt killing was when the bumpstops hit.

So I ordered up a set of Bilstein Sports. Well this sucks too. The Vogtlands are too soft and the Bilsteins are trying their best to cope with it but they just don't get along. Now I am going to do what I shouldve done from the start and ordered Eibach springs. They arent as low so I will preserve more travel and won't bottom out in NYC (hopefully). A $450 lesson but I got what I deserved. Even with a mere 212K the car is doing well and I hope to hit 300k+

I'll update once the Eibach springs come in and I install them, if I am still disatisfied, I'm selling the car and getting a 5er touring like I always wanted.
So, this is a bitch thread?

Julien
04-18-2008, 02:49 PM
bilstein & h&r is a great combo for daily driving

632 Regal
04-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Billies sports suck... I like the sachs/boge with any spring combo best.

RallyD
04-25-2008, 04:13 PM
just finished the install of the Eibach springs with the Bilstein Sports.
Its definitely better than the vogtland/kyb combo.
The vogtland front springs had visual evidence of coil binding.
I also put in new strut mounts and michelin pilots it is much quieter and actually enjoyable to drive now.

charlie
04-28-2008, 09:52 AM
what size wheels/ tires are you running?

just finished the install of the Eibach springs with the Bilstein Sports.
Its definitely better than the vogtland/kyb combo.
The vogtland front springs had visual evidence of coil binding.
I also put in new strut mounts and michelin pilots it is much quieter and actually enjoyable to drive now.

healtoeit
04-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Billies sports suck... I like the sachs/boge with any spring combo best.
From what I have read, Spring/shock combo is all personal opinion