PDA

View Full Version : cd43 display colour

Lordsneldon
04-16-2008, 06:39 PM
my cd43 came out of rover.
my question is, the display lights are green, can i change them to the orange colour? i have done the old fashioned thing and take the unit apart to see if i can simply change a few bulbs but i dont think so somehow!!!!!

BMWDriver
04-16-2008, 09:38 PM
It's usually the plastic that would be translucent in that shade. If not, they put LEDs in there that are welded in. It would not be easy to find replacement LEDs that could fit in, I should fear. And I'm not even talking about the display that probably has a plastic film that you would have to change.

You could try and find a front panel of a dead CD43 that would be the right color.

Sell the unit and then find another, as the easiest solution.

pingu
04-17-2008, 04:47 AM
If it has got green LEDs then it should be quite straightforward to change them over to orange LEDs - that is, provided you can take the CD43 apart sufficiently to get to the LEDs and provided you can can use a soldering iron.

If you can take the unit apart and post a piccy of the LEDs then I'll be able to tell you if they're a standard size/shape (i.e. easy to get replacement orange ones) or if they're weird (i.e. impossible to find orange replacement ones).