PDA

View Full Version : Sway Bar Options

Washburn
04-15-2008, 08:52 AM
I want to upgrade the sway bars on my 1995 525i Touring. I did a little site search and didn't find much, but it sounds like M5 sway bars are a good option. 25mm front, and 20 mm rear from the M5 Touring. (Anyone know stock sizes?) Haven't priced them yet. (Best source? BMA?)

Casn anyone make any better recommendations from a cost or performance standpoint? Looking for better roll control and faster weight transfer. May possibly be used along with slightly stiffer and lower springs. It's a daily driver, but I'm an autocrosser, so my tolerance is pretty high for stiff suspensions. :)

healtoeit
04-15-2008, 09:09 AM
I want to upgrade the sway bars on my 1995 525i Touring. I did a little site search and didn't find much, but it sounds like M5 sway bars are a good option. 25mm front, and 20 mm rear from the M5 Touring. (Anyone know stock sizes?) Haven't priced them yet. (Best source? BMA?)

Casn anyone make any better recommendations from a cost or performance standpoint? Looking for better roll control and faster weight transfer. May possibly be used along with slightly stiffer and lower springs. It's a daily driver, but I'm an autocrosser, so my tolerance is pretty high for stiff suspensions. :)

The rear sway m5 is the biggest you can get. The front of this kit is the biggest available.

http://www.racdyn-usa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=196.81.34.010&Category_Code=e34

Can be found for cheaper at

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=1968134xxx

I have these and love them. Makes the ride around corners alot nicer. Really levels out the car in corners over stock. Now, their is the eibach kit but i would go with the one above, bigger and greater sway reduction, plus you can adjust the Racing dynamic ones. Really helps to play with the adjustments for street/track driving.

BigKriss
04-15-2008, 09:55 AM
yes, yes and yes. you have everything covered. The whiteline 22mm is the largest rear swaybar for an/any e34. not the m5 touring item like healtoeit suggests.

healtoeit
04-15-2008, 09:57 AM
The whiteline 22mm is the largest rear swaybar for an/any e34. not the m5 touring item like healtoeit suggests.
I stand corrected! Any idea if those are adjustable? And where can you find them?

Thankx :D

BigKriss
04-15-2008, 10:00 AM
yes, they (whiteline) sell a 27mm and a 22mm rear, both adjustable in two positions. about aud$550 for both including urethane bushes.

whiteline.com.au

healtoeit
04-15-2008, 10:11 AM
yes, they (whiteline) sell a 27mm and a 22mm rear, both adjustable in two positions. about aud$550 for both including urethane bushes.

whiteline.com.au

Thankx a bunch!