PDA

View Full Version : BMW for SAlE

Unregistered
05-24-2004, 08:49 AM
I have BMW 525I 92 had problems with idle,i change fuel pump,pressure rgulator,air bypass valve all the vacum hoses also the injectors,intake gasket ,boot,mass airflow,thermostat(no change) then i change the coils and the problem was solved but now i have chk. engine light on and off when i first start the car in the morning i don't know what to do i think it is oxygen sensor anyway i'm interested to sale or trade the car for manual transmission BMW also i changed the engine head and the car has new paint job /runs great interior is excellend/stas_rus@hotmail.com

TimGinCentralNJ
05-24-2004, 09:44 AM
I couldn't tell if I was reading a really bad run-on sentence, or whether there wasn't any punctuation used.

By the time I went back re-read it, I already had a headache.

Terrible. F.

Tim

I have BMW 525I 92 had problems with idle,i change fuel pump,pressure rgulator,air bypass valve all the vacum hoses also the injectors,intake gasket ,boot,mass airflow,thermostat(no change) then i change the coils and the problem was solved but now i have chk. engine light on and off when i first start the car in the morning i don't know what to do i think it is oxygen sensor anyway i'm interested to sale or trade the car for manual transmission BMW also i changed the engine head and the car has new paint job /runs great interior is excellend/stas_rus@hotmail.com

632 Regal
05-24-2004, 09:58 AM
WhatareyoutryingtosayTim?

TimGinCentralNJ
05-24-2004, 10:04 AM
WhatareyoutryingtosayTim?

George M
05-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Unregistered...run a DME code/stomp test to determine the root cause of your check engine light. You made a lot of positive changes. And Tim if you can't tell the difference, then I suggest it is you who needs a lesson in grammar. Did it occur to you this may not be his native language and he came for advice and not criticism? Also, it ALWAYS follows that those who cast aspersion are clueless when it comes to providing advice....why they criticize, to compensate for their deficit.
George

rickm
05-24-2004, 10:54 AM
George, are you not criticizing Tim, who in turn criticized the OP? :D

George M
05-24-2004, 11:07 AM
to telegraph a message. And two wrongs don't make a right. I just wanted to let Tim know that posts on this board should not be critized for syntax as it is an international board and many times grammar is imperfect and is nebulous to the point of seeking information. He knows now.
George

rickm
05-24-2004, 11:17 AM
I know, I was giving you a bit of lip on this fine Monday morning.

Reminds me of a card I saw one day. A mother hen told her chick "Don't you dare give me any lip!". The chick looked at her and said "What's lip?"

Stas: If you can post pictures or details...color, options, etc along with where you're located you'll get a few more nibbles.

Dick Schneiders
05-24-2004, 11:31 AM
uses some punctuation and paragraph breaks. Anybody that can formulate a sentence in English would know how to use *some*, even if not always properly.

This style of posting seems to be more and more common and I really don't know why. Perhaps it is deemed to be "cool" by our younger generation. I do know that it is very hard to read and determine *exactly* what is being said. Sure the gist is there, but that is often not enough to give a sure answer. There is a new poster on Roadflea that posts long rambling posts with nary a single period or comma and no paragraph breaks. He is not from the U.S. but I will not let that excuse him. He is from New Zealand and they do speak a form of English there. My wife spent a year there and said she was able to understand most of what they said. :-) It simply seems to be more common. Perhaps it is easier to type when you can ignore those extra keys.

Anyway, I don't like it and if I get into a discourse with somebody doing this I will, gently, ask if they would please use some punctuation. If they choose not to, then I do not read any more of their posts as they do give me a headache, as Tim said.

Dick Schneiders

to telegraph a message. And two wrongs don't make a right. I just wanted to let Tim know that posts on this board should not be critized for syntax as it is an international board and many times grammar is imperfect and is nebulous to the point of seeking information. He knows now.
George

rickm
05-24-2004, 11:38 AM
He is from New Zealand and they do speak a form of English there.

Maybe his sheep was typing it for him? :D

George M
05-24-2004, 11:47 AM
bahahahaha....

Dick Schneiders
05-24-2004, 12:32 PM
bahahahaha....

George M
05-24-2004, 12:36 PM
on here, one most be gramatically correct!
lol.

scott540
05-24-2004, 01:43 PM
It's them damn kids messin wit da language is what it is. I tell ya...

TimGinCentralNJ
05-24-2004, 02:15 PM
...a global corporation for many years AND parusing more than my share of all kinds of message boards, it's been my experience that people who's primary language is not English rarely, if ever, have near-perfect spelling but use absolutely no spaces between words. Perhaps you haven't seen it, but there's a demographic/age group out who intentionally write the same way as this individual 'cause "it's cool".

While I could be quite wrong about this person (and if I am, you have and that individual both have my most sincere apologies), I think you are being a bit of a prick in basing your negative assessment of me on the simple fact that I did not post an answer for the individual. You are right, from what I've read of your posts, I probably know 5% or less of what you do about these cars, but I'm learning and I always try to share whatever I can. That is not to say I have no right to bust someone's chops in my own idiom because they chose not to use any spaces between words, making their post difficult to read.

Had you looked to bring to my attention (in a positive way) that this person **might** be learning English, I might've found myself feeling bad for teasing the guy, rather than thinking you just woke up in a shitty mood :)

Point taken. No harm done. No offense intended. Amen. Mozeltov.

Tim G.
'91 535iM

Unregistered...run a DME code/stomp test to determine the root cause of your check engine light. You made a lot of positive changes. And Tim if you can't tell the difference, then I suggest it is you who needs a lesson in grammar. Did it occur to you this may not be his native language and he came for advice and not criticism? Also, it ALWAYS follows that those who cast aspersion are clueless when it comes to providing advice....why they criticize, to compensate for their deficit.
George

George M
05-24-2004, 03:07 PM
a couple of things...you may be right about the guy and that English is his native language and he choses to write that way. I too see it all the time on a lot of boards...and I am an old guy who is pretty well educated and I say...so what. So what if he writes like that, I don't care, and I am probably much more discriminating about writing and using the language than yourself.
As to calling me a prick, well now that we are in the mud, I may be a prick for taking you to task for being petty, but you are a stupid prick for wasting more band width and not accepting the fact that you violated the code of this board which is tolerance and helping other people, instead you elected to criticize the poster and not offer advice, violating two very fundamental tenents of why this board exists. Why I said what I did. And lastly Tim...and hopefully it is young Tim who has a lot to learn about the culture of message boards if not life itself...as in society, there is a pecking order on all boards and you have now violated that tenent as well by criticizing me. Since you live in a glass house and elect to throw stones, I will leave you with what you deserve in terms of correcting the poster's grammar. Tim my boy, you misspelled a word in your above post...its peruse not paruse....not really what the board is about is it?
George

RoadFlea Administrator
05-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Don't make me ban the both of you.

RFA

p.s. Join the Inner Circle, Jerk! Then I won't ban you.

George M
05-24-2004, 04:01 PM
awe...come on...can't we have just a little fun? I ponied up to be an inner circle jerk....not.
George

Brian C.
05-24-2004, 05:00 PM
awe...come on...can't we have just a little fun? I ponied up to be an inner circle jerk....not.
George

SamB
05-24-2004, 05:23 PM
Maybe his sheep was typing it for him? :D

Hay, look at it this way - sure beats the hell out of having to type things out ourselves!

Javier
05-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Know if there are any comas, words (ideas) or paragraph in Chinese, may be he is doing his best, I agree with George, though probably wouldn’t have being that much hard to Tim either.

I make an effort to write in fair good English, actually, write in word to check spelling and then copy to the board. Wonder if any of you who feel that much educated to criticize the writing of some posters, would write that good in Spanish, Portuguese, Catalan, or any other language used daily by some participants of this board.

No intention to offend anybody, please.

632 Regal
05-24-2004, 07:06 PM
I dont get it, I mean most of this post at all besides someone unidentified is selling a car thats almost done... ? Tim, I believe if its grammer you might want to address Ryan on this subject, he is the one that knows. Well...that is when he has fuel.
:D

ryan roopnarine
05-24-2004, 07:12 PM
for jeff, a rhyme someone in my department once told me

"we are the best,
we are like no other,
and if you say otherwise,
your mother."

words to take to heart, jeff.

and since gas went over $2/gal for 87 octane, i don't let the tank go below 10 gallons.

(all in fun, no offense intended).

I dont get it, I mean most of this post at all besides someone unidentified is selling a car thats almost done... ? Tim, I believe if its grammer you might want to address Ryan on this subject, he is the one that knows. Well...that is when he has fuel.
:D

TimGinCentralNJ
05-24-2004, 08:55 PM
...as so far from your posts, it seems you've establish the following:

1. If something doesn't bother George, then it shouldn't bother anyone.

2. No one on the board should be teased about anything, else they shall be "taken to task" by George and given a thorough, verbal thrashing.

3. George and Tim can both post their opinions, perhaps each with some valid points (that is, up until your reply above anyway), yet Tim's posts somehow "waste more bandwidth" than that of George's. Interesting.

4. George's "diety"...whoops...I mean "seniority" on the board somehow entitles him to write rude posts in response to others meant in jest, while casting whatever unfounded aspersions he likes along the way, should anyone respond to his lack of tact or poor delivery.

...and all in the name of "policing and preserving" the Board and its purity? Give me a break. Sounds a little pious and self-serving to me -- I'm hoping you're not really that full of yourself.

That either must be one damn small pond you live in, or one huge chip on your shoulder, my friend. I doubt the orig poster himself would've made such a big deal out of this.

Tim

a couple of things...you may be right about the guy and that English is his native language and he choses to write that way. I too see it all the time on a lot of boards...and I am an old guy who is pretty well educated and I say...so what. So what if he writes like that, I don't care, and I am probably much more discriminating about writing and using the language than yourself.
As to calling me a prick, well now that we are in the mud, I may be a prick for taking you to task for being petty, but you are a stupid prick for wasting more band width and not accepting the fact that you violated the code of this board which is tolerance and helping other people, instead you elected to criticize the poster and not offer advice, violating two very fundamental tenents of why this board exists. Why I said what I did. And lastly Tim...and hopefully it is young Tim who has a lot to learn about the culture of message boards if not life itself...as in society, there is a pecking order on all boards and you have now violated that tenent as well by criticizing me. Since you live in a glass house and elect to throw stones, I will leave you with what you deserve in terms of correcting the poster's grammar. Tim my boy, you misspelled a word in your above post...its peruse not paruse....not really what the board is about is it?
George

TimGinCentralNJ
05-24-2004, 09:09 PM
...."mafia" jokes (yes--even though I'm Norwegian, I guess living in NJ is 'guilt by association'), this is one of my favs:

Violets are Blue.
Roses are Red.
I just blew up your Car.
Why ain't you dead?

or

We wanted to send you some special wishes;
But instead we'll let you 'swim with the fishes'.

No offense to anyone at all.

Tim

for jeff, a rhyme someone in my department once told me

"we are the best,
we are like no other,
and if you say otherwise,
your mother."

words to take to heart, jeff.

and since gas went over $2/gal for 87 octane, i don't let the tank go below 10 gallons.

(all in fun, no offense intended).

632 Regal
05-24-2004, 10:33 PM
I think Tim Gin is taking to heart that I dont care. Is this room that boaring that someone has to post **** that belongs in old police textbooks? Tim, I am dissapointed that it has come this far for some poor SOB that cant spell, as for George and the others this is par for the course. I dont mean to demenior anyone but this is turning into complete crap that has no issue here but perhaps in the off topic boards. Humor runs through out blood but I who is one person that can have a fun time being trapped in a card board box or a trunk does not find the outcome funny at all. Take a step back guys and think before you type...I have no intention of editing my post. Step back and figure where the puncuation should have gone.
Jeff

rommel
05-24-2004, 10:39 PM
I think Tim Gin is taking to heart that I dont care. Is this room that boaring that someone has to post **** that belongs in old police textbooks? Tim, I am dissapointed that it has come this far for some poor SOB that cant spell, as for George and the others this is par for the course. I dont mean to demenior anyone but this is turning into complete crap that has no issue here but perhaps in the off topic boards. Humor runs through out blood but I who is one person that can have a fun time being trapped in a card board box or a trunk does not find the outcome funny at all. Take a step back guys and think before you type...I have no intention of editing my post. Step back and figure where the puncuation should have gone.
Jeff

George M
05-25-2004, 06:14 AM
last point Tim...I promise. It isn't about policing the board or pious indignation. It is an open forum and you are welcome to post whatever you want.
But if you criticize someone, be prepared for a measured response. Perhaps you now know how the poster felt after reading your immediate response to his plea for help after performing a lot of engine work without good result.
Doesn't feel very good does it?
I wish you well.
George

rickm
05-25-2004, 06:16 AM
I think Jeff had too many Shirley Temples. :D

Evan
05-25-2004, 01:02 PM
however,:'"--- I does has the urge to start a liberal vs. conservative flame war.. letz chooz teemz and pontificate as to the ramifications of the current war.. let's guess what our next war will be... let's argue about abortion, catholicism, gay marriage, racism, affirmative action, zionism, religion in schools, God in the Pledge, and Christian neoconservative support of Israeli interests, homosexuality in Congress, the hyposcrisy of the cultural liberals, and the incredible inherent strength of the pussy hair... i hope i didn't offend anyone with this post, but if i did, please accept my profuse apology

feel free to add anything about which you're angry/amused/perturbed/interested/etc

ps my fan switch only works on high.. what can i do about it??

George M
05-25-2004, 01:13 PM
I ain't gonna help you on yor fan switch cause I am mo' fo-cused on ya grammor.
Too f-ing funny...that is good. Man...a bolt from the past. Whatever happened to our political flame wars anyway?...lol and our man Evan...perhaps he was a pseudonym...haha...back in the days when it was more fashionable to go underground.
Stay the course?....hmmmm...a very tough call.
George