PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with my seat?

indierthanthou
04-11-2008, 10:28 AM
I didn't even think of that. I don't think the cable to the seatbelt is attached, as it has not worked on either side since I bought the car. Thanks

indierthanthou
04-11-2008, 11:02 AM
what the fruit? Timestamp is messed way up!

indierthanthou
04-11-2008, 04:32 PM
ok here is the story: My girlfriend (a tiny 5'1" tall) moved the passenger seat of my car almost all the way forward so a friend could sit in the back. When she went to move it back to a reasonable location, it wouldn't go back. I checked all the fuses. Everything is ok on that front. There is no noise whatsoever, not even a click of a relay or of the motor being stuck. What can I do?

I also tried to pull the seat out and somehow manually turn the motor to at least move the seat back so people over 5' can fit in there comfortably. I got the bolts in the back out no problem, but I couldn't yank it out from the hooks in the front, it wouldn't move, it just rocked back and forth like a seesaw.

JD525IA
04-11-2008, 04:40 PM
ok here is the story: My girlfriend (a tiny 5'1" tall) moved the passenger seat of my car almost all the way forward so a friend could sit in the back. When she went to move it back to a reasonable location, it wouldn't go back. I checked all the fuses. Everything is ok on that front. There is no noise whatsoever, not even a click of a relay or of the motor being stuck. What can I do?

I also tried to pull the seat out and somehow manually turn the motor to at least move the seat back so people over 5' can fit in there comfortably. I got the bolts in the back out no problem, but I couldn't yank it out from the hooks in the front, it wouldn't move, it just rocked back and forth like a seesaw.

Make sure you have disconnected the small metal cable underneath the seat that pulls on the pillar slide that moves the seat belt up and down. Also, disconnect the electrical harnesses and the seat belt bolt on the outside rail of each seat.

When you start to pull up, push forward on the seat. The hooks that are at the front of the seat rails are made so that you have to pull up and push forward at the same time. They are supposed to be this way so that the seats are securely attached to the floorboard.

Good luck.

JD

indierthanthou
04-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Ok so I managed to move the seat back using a drill and a square bit. But that doesn't fix the actual problem, that being the fact that the seat is not moving back using the power switch on the side. Unfortunately I have no testing tools to check and see if the seat has power at the plug, but I checked all the fuses, including the one under the back seat. All are ok.