PDA

View Full Version : what alarm do I have?

Ferret
04-11-2008, 06:12 AM
Also...whats the pin code function on the obc like...does this immobilise the car after 3 failed attempts??

Cant help you with the cobra alarm mate, but the obc immobiliser is an exponential time thing, the time between allowed retries doubles every failure...

bobchiba
04-11-2008, 11:28 AM
I have an 88' 530i and somewhere along the lin eits been fitted with what I believe to be a Cobra alarm. The thing is theres no documentation for this and the dealer didn't really know either. Where the immobiliser fob is on other models, nest to the light switch, there is a small light which turns from red to clear when I hold the cobra fob next to it and hold the button dwn for a few secs. I basically decided to disarm it as I couldn't quite get my head around it and it went off a few times when I armd it and then locked the car??

Anyone know what model this may be? comes with two small sim card shaped fobs and a small set of keys for the alarm box under the hood i take it.

Also...whats the pin code function on the obc like...does this immobilise the car after 3 failed attempts??