PDA

View Full Version : Brake Light Circuit Warning

Ferret
04-11-2008, 04:50 AM
do you have a third brake light? Checked that too?
What country specification is your car?
Model year/month?
On my website below is a VIN decoder.
Plas add those data to your profile, helps us to help you.

If you've already cleaned up all your contacts etc, could be you need to crack open the LKM unit and solder it up!

XPilot
04-11-2008, 10:20 AM
After replacing the brake light switch, changing all of the brake light bulbs, cleaning and testing the bulb holders, I still receive the warning intermittently. My question: is there a way to disable the brake warning circuit so I won't be annoyed by this warning light?

shogun
04-11-2008, 10:54 AM
do you have a third brake light? Checked that too?
What country specification is your car?
Model year/month?
On my website below is a VIN decoder.
Plas add those data to your profile, helps us to help you.

Newbies: Please Read Before Posting

This community welcomes newcomers and enjoys assisting “newbies” in resolving their BMW issues. We ask that you observe certain courtesies.

In your registration, please fill out all fields. Members of this board will be better able to assist you if they know the year and model of your car, the number of miles or kilometers, where you are located (some issues are country specific), and any prior modifications done to your car.

XPilot
04-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Third brake light checked also - Is is possible that the NEW (replaced) brake switch is defective? This is the 2nd brake light switch replaced in this car since new.

Adnan
04-11-2008, 06:33 PM
After replacing the brake light switch, changing all of the brake light bulbs, cleaning and testing the bulb holders, I still receive the warning intermittently. My question: is there a way to disable the brake warning circuit so I won't be annoyed by this warning light?

Hi,

Odd as it might sound, check the three bulbs for their resistance values. If there is a mismatch of any significance, the warning circuit can be set off. I have heard that certain brands of bulbs are problematic.

Did you get yours from the dealer?

Regards,
Adnan