PDA

View Full Version : T60 bit for V-8 flywheel bolts?

yaofeng
04-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Go to Autozone. You can get the whole set for $16.

When you do get one. Remember to not loctite the bolts. The M60 V8 flywheel bolts do not penetrate the rear flange so there is no concern for the engine oil to leak out. BMW recommends to oil the bolt before installation.

Ross
04-06-2008, 03:17 PM
This post is primarily for the folks near Chicago,Il
Do any of you guys near me happen to have the special "socket" for removing the V-8 dual mass flywheel that I may borrow?
Or, a tip on how to get this F$%$@* off without one?

Panzer Captain
04-06-2008, 05:34 PM
I have the fancy $60 socket. I bought it from www.zdmak.com

If you want to borrow it, let me know.

chris_e34
04-06-2008, 09:27 PM
If you are speaking of the torx head bolts buried about an inch and a half. I went to just about every auto parts store within a 20 mile radius of me, and could not find anything that would work. I purchased a 16 piece torx bit set with 3/8 adaptor at advanced auto parts for about 15 bucks. AmPro is the company that makes it. I ground the size that fit down thin enough to fit in the holes. i think it was the T60 but i might be wrong. to grind it down i used a Dremel tool, but it took a while. I am sure theres a bmw special tool but this is the cheapest solution i found.

Ampro INDUSTRL STR DRVRS 16 PC
Advance Auto Parts Part Number: T3324238515

Ross
04-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Thanks very much for offering but the logistics of a long distance lending are probably prohibitive.
Thank you for the vendor.

Ross
04-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Thank you Chris. You've invested far more effort than I'm willing to.
I'll buy the proper tool and save myself from cursing the %%^$#** who devised this manner of attatchment and bogus dual mass flywheel.

Ross
04-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Hey Panzer,
Would you mind having a look at yours and confirming the bit size?
Friggin' Bentley(E39 book) says T60 which is WAY too big. It looks like a T50 which will fit in the holes but I don't have one long enough to get to the fastener.
I bought a set of long reach but they have a hex shaft that won't fit the hole, so before I turn down the wrong bit I'd like to be sure.
Thanks!