PDA

View Full Version : Re-sprayed Wheels to match paint job...almost done!!!

repenttokyo
04-04-2008, 01:36 PM
is there blue flake in them or is it just a reflection? is there any flake in the paint?

bad_manners_god
04-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Got the wheels painted today to match the paint job.

http://usera.imagecave.com/badmannersgod/DSC00509.JPG

http://usera.imagecave.com/badmannersgod/DSC00510.JPG

http://usera.imagecave.com/badmannersgod/DSC00511.JPG

bad_manners_god
04-04-2008, 07:00 PM
is there blue flake in them or is it just a reflection? is there any flake in the paint?

Yes, there is blue flakes in the paint, thats why I got that second angle shot to really show it off, looks way way way better under the sun.

Same as the car. I wanted to leave the "lip" silver but it was going to be alot of work and these wheels don't have much of a "lip"

AngryPopTart
04-05-2008, 02:19 PM
I hope you're consistant in your overlap. By the way, how many coats of clear did you put on?

bad_manners_god
04-05-2008, 04:11 PM
I hope you're consistant in your overlap. By the way, how many coats of clear did you put on?

Don't know, I'm not the painter/bodyman. I just give the order's and do the mechanic/electric work.

AngryPopTart
04-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Don't know, I'm not the painter/bodyman. I just give the order's and do the mechanic/electric work.

Oh, it's okay! It's mini-flake so the bumpiness won't be nearly as noticable. Looks good to me! I did my PC case black with red mini-flake. Man, pictures just don't do flake justice.

bad_manners_god
04-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Oh, it's okay! It's mini-flake so the bumpiness won't be nearly as noticable. Looks good to me! I did my PC case black with red mini-flake. Man, pictures just don't do flake justice.

Your telling me pictures don't do flakes justice, my whole car is flaked and the pics look nothing like it, espically on a sunny day.

Macv
04-06-2008, 05:03 AM
You can get good flake pictures, you just have to take the picture the right way.

What kind of camera do you use?

Jon K
04-06-2008, 09:56 AM
I hate to sound mean but I don't think a Canon 1Ds Mk2 would make this paint look good :(

AngryPopTart
04-06-2008, 11:34 AM
You can get good flake pictures, you just have to take the picture the right way.

What kind of camera do you use?

I'm confident you're thinking of something else, but could you explain? Even in popular magazines, I have never seen a picture that did flake justice. Obviously, you can tell something has flake, but it just doesn't look the same as you standing there, seeing the flake in the sun. Although, I couldn't really explain why; perhaps the hue is different with the naked eye.

Macv
04-06-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm confident you're thinking of something else, but could you explain? Even in popular magazines, I have never seen a picture that did flake justice. Obviously, you can tell something has flake, but it just doesn't look the same as you standing there, seeing the flake in the sun. Although, I couldn't really explain why; perhaps the hue is different with the naked eye.

I've seen people using multiple lighting sources and uv lamps (which I don't know why) to capture the depth of metal flake pictures. I didn't say you could take a perfect picture, a 2d image will never justify a 3d metallic flake appearance; however, you CAN take images that show the flakes in all their glory. i.e. the different hues and sparkles the paint creates.

bad_manners_god
04-06-2008, 12:35 PM

Almost all the pictures I post are taken with my Sony Ericsson W810i 2.0MP Camera Phone.

The only pictures I've taken with a different camera are the ones when it was fresh out of the paint and it was a 5.1MP Kodak and it still didn't do it justice.

bad_manners_god
04-06-2008, 03:43 PM
I hate to sound mean but I don't think a Canon 1Ds Mk2 would make this paint look good :(

Your not sounding mean, it's just that there's no camera good enough for my car ;)