PDA

View Full Version : Auto Insurance Questions

Patrick
04-04-2008, 03:01 PM
It's time to renew (i.e. pay) my AIG bill and I'm considering coverage options and companies and wondering what makes the best sense and value?

I'm (in the US) presently carrying full coverage on my 1992 535i and liability on a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I'm 44 with no tickets/claims in past 5 years (knock wood).

I presently pay AIG $465/6 months for that. Amica quoted me $414/6 months for same coverage.

Should I change the BMW to just liability considering it's age? Suggestions, advice, and recommended companies appreciated.
Thanks!

AngryPopTart
04-04-2008, 03:16 PM
I guess that depends on how much you love your car. My Paps knew this guy years ago who had an early 70's Chevy truck which was totally tricked out, lifted, etc. Some guy hit it and messed it up pretty bad so the guy from HIS insurance company came out and started having an attitude about how they were just gonna total it because it's not worth anything... until my Paps' aquaintence told him he had a $10k policy out on the truck and that they were going pay for all of it! Muahaha!

whiskychaser
04-04-2008, 03:26 PM
It's time to renew (i.e. pay) my AIG bill and I'm considering coverage options and companies and wondering what makes the best sense and value?

I'm (in the US) presently carrying full coverage on my 1992 535i and liability on a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I'm 44 with no tickets/claims in past 5 years (knock wood).

I presently pay AIG $465/6 months for that. Amica quoted me $414/6 months for same coverage.

Should I change the BMW to just liability considering it's age? Suggestions, advice, and recommended companies appreciated.
Thanks!
I pay £32 a month for fully comprehensive. That includes protecting my no claims and providing a car for as long as it takes to fix mine. Oh, and I think the windscreen too. You can get some good deals in UK now on second car/ second user earning no claims. Just dont try to get a mortgage here at the moment:D

Ferret
04-04-2008, 11:08 PM
I pay £32 a month for fully comprehensive. That includes protecting my no claims and providing a car for as long as it takes to fix mine. Oh, and I think the windscreen too. You can get some good deals in UK now on second car/ second user earning no claims. Just dont try to get a mortgage here at the moment:D

That's not bad going, if I were to insure the 540i monthly, it'd only be about 10 quid a month more than that as a primary car! Though you could add something on to that again if I were to protect my noclaims...

RBS group seem to think the E34's an old mans car, so even at 24 I'm getting good deals on it!

Ross
04-05-2008, 07:26 AM
Full coverage on all mine. Cheap with my elderly fleet, advanced age and good record.
The past year my insurance has shelled out(kicking and screaming)for two OE windshields and trim and now for a bumper cover and some lights on the E39 from minor shunt that is $1600 worth.
I wouldn't have wanted to pay for all that.