PDA

View Full Version : My 525 is almost done!!

Lordsneldon
04-03-2008, 03:55 PM
after owning it neally a year my schwartz black 1995 525 it is almost ready to drive!! so far Ive had to replace the engine with a second hand one, (cylinder head cracked on removal and then I noticed no.3 piston had a bent con rod), Ive put in cruise control which was a pain in the arse because the factory wiring wanst there - very common in the UK apparently, Ive fitted ''turbine E39 wheels'' which gives the whole car a fresher look along with clear front indicators, It came with black leather so i decided i wanted it to be electric with memory, lumbar support and heater elemants, so ive got these now just gotta put em in, Ive fitted original mudflaps all round and it came with a boot spoiler but i want the ''sport bumpers'' so im on the look out for thoose now, will post some pics (if someone tells me how)!! cheers guys:D

Dr. evil
04-03-2008, 08:11 PM
''sport bumpers''

are you talking M tech bumpers?

leicesterboy15
04-04-2008, 09:39 AM
PICS!! You can upload them to a hosting site like photobucket and link to them from a post. Under each picture in photobucket it gives you the url link so you copy that, click the picture button (in the toolbar above the text window) in your new post and paste the link in, hope that makes sense.

Excellent find on the seats, I've been looking for electric memory leather front seats (and heated if possible) for ages and I can't seem to find any in black and in good condition. Been looking at e32s thinking they were more likely to have them but they are still rare in the UK.

whiskychaser
04-04-2008, 01:40 PM
after owning it neally a year my schwartz black 1995 525 it is almost ready to drive!! so far Ive had to replace the engine with a second hand one, (cylinder head cracked on removal and then I noticed no.3 piston had a bent con rod), Ive put in cruise control which was a pain in the arse because the factory wiring wanst there - very common in the UK apparently, Ive fitted ''turbine E39 wheels'' which gives the whole car a fresher look along with clear front indicators, It came with black leather so i decided i wanted it to be electric with memory, lumbar support and heater elemants, so ive got these now just gotta put em in, Ive fitted original mudflaps all round and it came with a boot spoiler but i want the ''sport bumpers'' so im on the look out for thoose now, will post some pics (if someone tells me how)!! cheers guys:D
Sounds like you have been busy:D My car isnt black so I'm trying to picture what schwartz black is. Schwarz does of course mean black, so what is schwartz (or schwarz) black? Somebody is bound to tell me

Spice Boy
04-04-2008, 04:15 PM
its the sexiest black BMW did on the E34...

My old 520 was Schwartz II and I loved it.. miss that car loads :(

whiskychaser
04-04-2008, 04:37 PM
its the sexiest black BMW did on the E34...

My old 520 was Schwartz II and I loved it.. miss that car loads :(
I can understand matt black, vinyl black or gloss black. Or even black mk II. Dont want to be an arse, but how can you have 'black, black'?

bubba966
04-04-2008, 04:46 PM

Sounds like you'll have a rather nice 525 when you're all done.

The E39 wheels, do they look like this http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DN53&mospid=47588&btnr=36_0183&hg=36&fg=15

I've never heard any wheel other than the M-System 1/Style 20 referred to as a 'turbine'. So I can only guess the E39 Style 33's are what you are speaking about.

Want to add that I don't think the memory function of your new seats will work. Looked into retrofitting memory seats for a friend after she first drove my car. Seems that you need to have the memory function in one of the computers in the car, as well as the memory seats, memory motors in the mirrors, and electric/memory steering column. Will be curious to know if you can get it to work as the thought of retro-ing them into my friends '95 525iT went out the window when she heard what was involved.

And about the mudflaps & 'sport' bumpers. The BMW catalog I've got for E34 stuff says that the mudflaps aren't for use with anything other than the regular bumpers & side skirts. The sport/M-Tech/M5 bumpers & skirts are different enough that the mudflaps will no longer fit. Having said that I just saw a pic of an M5 on the M5 board that had what looked to be the factory mudflaps installed. If they were the factory flaps I've no idea how they were fitted. And I don't know if they were aftermarket or factory.

But I will say it did look a bit odd seeing the mudflaps on a car with the sport aero bumpers/skirts. They don't fit the car very well. Which is probably why BMW didn't seem to make a set of mudflaps for the M5's.

Lordsneldon
04-07-2008, 08:00 AM
Sounds like you'll have a rather nice 525 when you're all done.

The E39 wheels, do they look like this http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DN53&mospid=47588&btnr=36_0183&hg=36&fg=15

I've never heard any wheel other than the M-System 1/Style 20 referred to as a 'turbine'. So I can only guess the E39 Style 33's are what you are speaking about.

Want to add that I don't think the memory function of your new seats will work. Looked into retrofitting memory seats for a friend after she first drove my car. Seems that you need to have the memory function in one of the computers in the car, as well as the memory seats, memory motors in the mirrors, and electric/memory steering column. Will be curious to know if you can get it to work as the thought of retro-ing them into my friends '95 525iT went out the window when she heard what was involved.

And about the mudflaps & 'sport' bumpers. The BMW catalog I've got for E34 stuff says that the mudflaps aren't for use with anything other than the regular bumpers & side skirts. The sport/M-Tech/M5 bumpers & skirts are different enough that the mudflaps will no longer fit. Having said that I just saw a pic of an M5 on the M5 board that had what looked to be the factory mudflaps installed. If they were the factory flaps I've no idea how they were fitted. And I don't know if they were aftermarket or factory.

But I will say it did look a bit odd seeing the mudflaps on a car with the sport aero bumpers/skirts. They don't fit the car very well. Which is probably why BMW didn't seem to make a set of mudflaps for the M5's.

Yes thats the correct wheels (they give the e34 a much needed visual boost)

interesting about the memory functions on the seats though, on the underside of the drivers seat is a big fancy black computer box which i thought maybe is the beast which stores all the data??? Ive got to strip the leather off my original seats and put them on the new frames (done this before and it takes hours!)
I have today been back to the scrapyard where i got the seats to pull the rest of the wiring out which would feed the mirrors, the wrecked car didnt have electric steering wheel, so presumably all this should work on my e34?!

Ages ago i saw some mudflaps on ebay for the m-tech sport bumpers, and you are right they are shaped differently. I think I shall do away with the mudflaps should i find the m-tech bumpers though.

Lordsneldon
04-07-2008, 06:08 PM
are you talking M tech bumpers?

Yeah m-tech bumpers - sorry they are commonly reffered to as ''sport'' bumpers here!! Not many of em about either.