PDA

View Full Version : So Much Water in my car...its not the sunroof!

Dave M.
05-23-2004, 08:45 PM
Ok, I know everyone here has gone through the sunroof questions...

But, here is something else. In Minnesota, its raining buckets and I thought my sunroof was leaking. I sealed it with electrical tape this morning and went to work. At 3pm, the right hand A piller was soaked, and as usual, the water ran down the door lining onto the floor.

But my sunroof was taped shut!

Could I have a leak around my winshield or around the front passenger door somewhere? Anyone ever heard of this?

I appreciate the help. This leak has been a huge pain.

Dave

kbchia
05-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Had a leak through the rubber boot that seals the wires going into the car through the firewall. Just behind the fusebox (passenger side UK). wrapped it in cling film and it has been leak free for a year.

cheers

kbchia

BFEINZIMER
05-13-2007, 08:03 PM
I FOUND THIS TO BE MY LEAK YESTERDAY, THEY ****ED IT UP WHEN THEY PUT IN MY ALARM SYSTEM! IM IN BOLD CUSE WHAT THE HELL IS CLING FILM! I NEED SOME!

Had a leak through the rubber boot that seals the wires going into the car through the firewall. Just behind the fusebox (passenger side UK). wrapped it in cling film and it has been leak free for a year.

cheers

kbchia

wyze
05-13-2007, 09:54 PM
i think he means this

http://akamai.globalsources.com.edgesuite.net/f/593/3445/5d/pdt.static.globalsources.com/IMAGES/PDT/BIG/164/B1002782164.jpg

BFEINZIMER
05-13-2007, 11:32 PM
hahah ok ill plop a fish down there forsure

naw but how can you seal it when theres like barley any heandspace? a heat gun?

Ross
05-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Alarm installers ****ed up your car.....? NO
Cling film is the stuff you wrap leftovers with. If you found the leak fix it right.

BFEINZIMER
05-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Yes they did they put the wire through the rubber boot and dident fit the boot back, i spent an hour fitting i t back but still have my leak...ill have to test it again but iono...what if i cant fix it the correct way..?? im thinking of ditching that dam alarm and getting the in key oem one

Dave M
05-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Ok, I know everyone here has gone through the sunroof questions...

But, here is something else. In Minnesota, its raining buckets and I thought my sunroof was leaking. I sealed it with electrical tape this morning and went to work. At 3pm, the right hand A piller was soaked, and as usual, the water ran down the door lining onto the floor.

But my sunroof was taped shut!

Could I have a leak around my winshield or around the front passenger door somewhere? Anyone ever heard of this?

I appreciate the help. This leak has been a huge pain.

Dave

What the? Where did you come from, Mr Dave M. with a period. Sneaky bugger isn't even in the members list. Dagnabit. Just promise to use your powers for good, not evil.

Yours truely,

Plain old Dave M

BFEINZIMER
06-11-2007, 06:22 PM
i took it to the alarm place today and the idiots sealed it with silicon somthing it comes in the bottle that cocking comes in for your sink and such....we'll see if it works

gmannino
06-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Sounds like your installers are not very talented. I cant think of a single wire that would have to run through your sunroof seal??? Perhaps an antenna? Why dont you guys take your car through a car wash and look for leaks.

Does your water smell like coolant? Maybe ya got a heater core leak.

BFEINZIMER
06-13-2007, 08:40 PM
sunroof, no were talking about the firewall area

Zeuk in Oz
06-14-2007, 12:14 AM
What the? Where did you come from, Mr Dave M. with a period. Sneaky bugger isn't even in the members list. Dagnabit. Just promise to use your powers for good, not evil.

Yours truely,

Plain old Dave M
Poltergeist ?

BFEINZIMER
07-21-2007, 02:55 PM
hey does anyone know the actual part for that rubber boot i cant find the dam thing on etk