PDA

View Full Version : Dash clock messages?

badboykane
04-02-2008, 08:44 AM
Hi, I am new here and this site is amazing especially for the owner of an E34 525i.

Just a quick question?
How do people get the part of the E34 dash which displays the warning messages to display other stuff like the time and speed and other stuff?

I have seen a few like this now but have no idea how it is done or what it can actually display other than the error/warning messages.

Here is an example of what I mean.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/badboykane/m5dash.jpg

Ross
04-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Press the turn signal stalk to scroll through the various functions.
It can also be customized to display only desired information.
Search OBC and unlock OBC for more info.

Paul in NZ
04-02-2008, 09:47 PM
each press of the end of the stalk will advance through the obs functions one by one.If you press and hold for a time(a few seconds) you get prog or similar,you can then press the buttons on the obc each press will program the custer to display that function...when you have pressed as many functions as you want to display you press the end of the stalk again...you can program as many or as few functions to display as you like.some buttons on the obc have two functions,ie the clock displays on the first press of the clock and the date displays on the second,cinsumption 1 on the first press of consumption,consumption 2 displays on the second...

shogun
04-02-2008, 11:38 PM
It is all mentioned in the owners manual.
If you do not have one, it is available online, just use the search here.

badboykane
04-03-2008, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the help Ross and Paul in NZ, I never even realised my indicator stalk even pressed in, thats great.
And thanks shogun for telling me to search for the owners manual, not really an answer I was looking for but thanks for taking the time to post a reply.

Paul in NZ
04-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Didn't know you could 'program' which info comes up or not.

Will have to play with that a bit as I hardly use most of it. And it'd be nice not to scroll through so much of it...
I think I have time range consumption temp....if a road trip is looming i might add arrive,and distance

bubba966
04-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Didn't know you could 'program' which info comes up or not.

Will have to play with that a bit as I hardly use most of it. And it'd be nice not to scroll through so much of it...

pgrindstaff
04-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Hold the stalk in for three seconds then press the buttons on the OBC for the info you want to be displayed. Then I think you hit the S/R button, maybe just press the stalk in again and it saves it.

edit:
Check out this (http://www.e38.org/e32/BMW_pdfs/OBC_info.pdf) PDF, should tell you pretty much all you want to know.

Washburn
04-04-2008, 02:41 AM
The only annoying thing is that the slightest warning message, like "Low Washer Fluid" prevents anything else from being displayed. You *have* to fill your washer fluid if you want to know what time it is. :)

Bo525i
04-04-2008, 03:43 AM
Of course u need the OBC IV and fitting blinker stalk to do all this..

Iīm writing this coz I donīt have it as many others :)

bubba966
04-04-2008, 04:14 PM
I think I have time range consumption temp....if a road trip is looming i might add arrive,and distance

Time, range, consumption, & temp is about all I'd require. I don't really do road trips (I know, it's a shame not to with this car) so I don't need the arrival/distance/timers.

The only annoying thing is that the slightest warning message, like "Low Washer Fluid" prevents anything else from being displayed. You *have* to fill your washer fluid if you want to know what time it is. :)

That's why I've always got a bottle of washer fluid in the trunk. I like my windshield to be clean, and as such use a decent amount of washer fluid.