PDA

View Full Version : Montreal Mini Meet - When and Where ?

BMWDriver
03-30-2008, 09:29 AM
So, since there are a few of us around Montreal, when d'you think would be the best time and a good place to meet ? I think mid or end of April could do. I've just no clue where could be good.

What say you?

EDIT : MEET DATE APRIL 19 - NO CHANGE
Saturday April 19 at 1:30 pm - Jardin Botanique de Montréal / Montreal Botanical Garden (http://www2.ville.montreal.qc.ca/jardin/jardin.htm)
In case of rain : Sunday April 20 at 1:30 pm.

Weather outlook for Saturday: 20-30% chance of rain, could be overcast or partly cloudy, maximum of 18 degrees Celcius

4101 Sherbrooke Est
Montréal, QC H1X 2B2, Canada
(514) 872-1400

PM for my cel phone if needed.

Those who will come (so far as I know yet) :
525_winter_driver
Monastie
BMWDriver
Qube
BMG (if he can drive again by then) & friends
byeyou

repenttokyo
03-30-2008, 03:11 PM
my car is allergic to rice, I don't know if I can expose it to certain members' cars ;)

525i winter driver
03-30-2008, 06:34 PM
So, since there are a few of us around Montreal, when d'you think would be the best time and a good place to meet ? I think mid or end of April could do. I've just no clue where could be good.

What say you*?

maybe ile ste-helene might have a nice spot for a pic somewhere, and enough speed bumps to slow the less safety-conscious down. let's wait for spring tho... i heard it might still be snowing in june!

bad_manners_god
03-30-2008, 08:22 PM
my car is allergic to rice, I don't know if I can expose it to certain members' cars ;)

Guess I better not show up since it's so damn rice.

Monastie
03-31-2008, 12:38 AM
I'd love to... but my car is getting all rusted, so I'm down as soon as I'm done having the body restored.

525i winter driver
03-31-2008, 01:08 PM
I'd love to... but my car is getting all rusted, so I'm down as soon as I'm done having the body restored.
oh, if rust isn't allowed i'm not coming either.

Guess I better not show up since it's so damn rice.
i hope you do, i want to see the job you have done on the interior, i haven't seen the inside of a wagon either and i think you are the only one of us who has one.

whatever dude it's your car and you can put what you like on it, i appreciate your posts if not your taste (and certainly not your disregard for the safety of others) but enthusiasts need to be enthusiastic and you definitely are that. i'm hoping maybe once you see how pimpin the car is all by itself you'll stop putting all that **** on it. ;)

BMWDriver
03-31-2008, 02:31 PM
I don't think any of us has a perfect car that would satisfy everybody. They are old, and they all have personnality if you ask me. And I'm more than excited at the idea of meeting fellow enthusiasts that share a passion.

We'll be exchanging ideas and tips which would be great for everyone. Ile-Sainte-Hélène sounds like a fabulous idea. It's a bit of a maze though. So, maybe mid May ?

Well, badmanners_god, you've taken a fair share of "beatings". But for my part, I can't wait to see your car nonetheless. I'd rather see those lights in person because I'm not convinced the pictures do them justice. And I'm also wanting to see your interior which you've worked on really hard; your solution is an inspiration for me to do something similar.

I'm really enthused!

Monastie
03-31-2008, 03:11 PM
ok I guess I'm in then... :)
I havent on here very often lately, more on the other forum... but looks like it's guna be a fun meet.

bad_manners_god
03-31-2008, 05:26 PM
We'll be exchanging ideas and tips which would be great for everyone. Ile-Sainte-Hélène sounds like a fabulous idea. It's a bit of a maze though. So, maybe mid May ?

Mid-May or Late April depending on how much rain would be the best...dual sunroof

Well, badmanners_god, you've taken a fair share of "beatings". But for my part, I can't wait to see your car nonetheless. I'd rather see those lights in person because I'm not convinced the pictures do them justice. And I'm also wanting to see your interior which you've worked on really hard; your solution is an inspiration for me to do something similar.

I'm really enthused!

Most of the pictures I post here are taken with my 2.0MP Camera Phone since it's always on hand.

Also, you should add to the top post those who would be attending so we can see some outcome numbers.

Anybody from MTL have a right rear inner tail light...mine melted after the Rear 10,000K HID fog's didn't work out like I planned.

525i winter driver
04-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Mid-May or Late April depending on how much rain would be the best...

attaboy... i think i saw rt winking anyway...
this guy ships super fast and cheap just bought a signal light from him

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=350033335896&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

...the idea of meeting fellow enthusiasts that share a passion.
passion? i just want the frigging thing to work properly for once!:D

that's not all of us is it?

repenttokyo
04-01-2008, 10:14 AM
We're still missing timandbim and Montreal525.
someone PM or email them about the thread

timandbim = 525 winter driver.

bad_manners_god
04-01-2008, 11:02 AM
attaboy... i think i saw rt winking anyway...
this guy ships super fast and cheap just bought a signal light from him

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=350033335896&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

My friend ame through for me today and gave me his old ones since he put clears on his E34 525i.

He should be meeting up with us, he's on this board: "wyze"

Monastie
04-01-2008, 02:55 PM
We're still missing timandbim and Montreal525.
someone PM or email them about the thread

525i winter driver
04-01-2008, 06:45 PM
timandbim = 525 winter driver.
yeah sorry about that. i think i'm going to change it again, not only am i schizophrenic but i'm already sick of typing 525i winter driver. does that piss anyone off?

i work with a guy who has a nice e32 and i know he has another bimmer, maybe he'll come.

bad_manners_god
04-01-2008, 07:10 PM
yeah sorry about that. i think i'm going to change it again, not only am i schizophrenic but i'm already sick of typing 525i winter driver. does that piss anyone off?

i work with a guy who has a nice e32 and i know he has another bimmer, maybe he'll come.

Just save password when you log in, it's really helpful. I'll get my friend in his E39 to come too.

525i winter driver
04-05-2008, 07:45 AM
this is a bump i don't think there are enough of us to need a sticky but i think there are still a couple who (probably ignored but) might have missed this...

hey BMG when do you expect to get your car out of the shop?
got your license back? [involuntary shudder]

my friend with the e32 says he'll try to come, it is a beautiful car he has i'll maybe post a pic for the next bump if he doesn't mind.

dammit when is it going to stop snowing were you guys as bummed as me yesterday?!?!?!

bad_manners_god
04-05-2008, 09:29 AM
this is a bump i don't think there are enough of us to need a sticky but i think there are still a couple who (probably ignored but) might have missed this...

hey BMG when do you expect to get your car out of the shop?
got your license back? [involuntary shudder]

my friend with the e32 says he'll try to come, it is a beautiful car he has i'll maybe post a pic for the next bump if he doesn't mind.

dammit when is it going to stop snowing were you guys as bummed as me yesterday?!?!?!

Well, I have only a couple of little things to finish: Rear Right Window Regulator, Tinting all windows, Adjust Headlight's, Interior Bit's, Bleed Brakes, Finish Exhaust.

I've had my lisence back since March 11th.

repenttokyo
04-05-2008, 02:48 PM
i drove my car through the turcot yards today and it is FILTHY!

BMWDriver
04-05-2008, 03:59 PM
I ought to go and scout Ile Ste-Hélène to figure a spot to meet. Or if anyone has an idea or other suggestions ?

repenttokyo
04-05-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm heading up to Montreal April 18,19,20. Taking the e39 though, as I have three passengers. The rear passengers would go deaf if I took the e34.

you bringing those wheels along for me? ;)

Monastie
04-05-2008, 07:33 PM
and does anyone of you have a decent camera?
because mine is mediocre...

bad_manners_god
04-05-2008, 08:01 PM
and does anyone of you have a decent camera?
because mine is mediocre...

I got a 5.1 Kodak....

Qube
04-05-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm heading up to Montreal April 18,19,20. Taking the e39 though, as I have three passengers. The rear passengers would go deaf if I took the e34.

bad_manners_god
04-05-2008, 09:16 PM

Aw, I wanted to see it.

repenttokyo
04-06-2008, 04:49 AM
last night I had a dream my car was stolen out of my driveway by a tow truck :(

525i winter driver
04-06-2008, 07:02 AM
I'm heading up to Montreal April 18,19,20. that would be great if we could meet for when qube is in town - is that weekend good for everyone? have some free time qube?
I ought to go and scout Ile Ste-Hélène to figure a spot to meet. Or if anyone has an idea or other suggestions ?i don't know the island very well - i was thinking we could use the old aviary as a landmark... that would be great if you did a scouting run. another place i thought might be alright is the top of mount royal, maybe the lookout on the east side would be good for a pic but it's usually pretty busy on weekends. if you prefer i work pretty close to ISH, it would be very easy for me to do a drive-by and snap a few pics after work.

i drove my car through the turcot yards today and it is FILTHY! yeah we're going to have to drive at 10kph just to keep the cars clean for the meet! at least it stopped snowing - did we beat the snowfall record or not?

hey mon asti! ;) - missing your trunk emblem? maybe i saw your car...

shoot i was hoping to have the car all fixed-up by now and before anybody saw it but i still have a ways to go. hope you're not expecting much, guys... it's a work in progress but it's a far-sight better than it was - i'll try to remove the sticky-tape before i come. after this winter i'm just kind of relieved it still moves at all... but don't be too surprised if i ask one of you for a lift! i'm trying to imagine a photo of my rusty grill next to BMGs hot paint job LMAO hopefully i won't be the only one that gets a kick out of it.

BMWDriver
04-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Indeed it would be cool to do it whilst Qube is here. See first post for most recent info. Let's then try April 19, or 20 at 2 pm right after lunch.

I'm aslo thinking Old Montreal could be a good spot. It's failry deserted in the area of the Exchange Tower (Tour de la Bourse) on Saturdays and Sundays. Most people hang around the Old Port, which is not that far away. There are semi-enclosed parking spots in the Old Port that could do if it rains.

Once we pick a spot, we ought to be able to post a Google map.

Monastie
04-06-2008, 04:16 PM
hey mon asti! ;) - missing your trunk emblem? maybe i saw your car...
:D nope, I have my trunk emblem

I'm down for the time Qube's here but if it's a long meet I wont stay until the end because I'll be in the middle of my exams.

Montreal525
04-06-2008, 10:47 PM
If you guys go to Ile Ste-Helene, you can go the large parking lot for La Ronde... You have the fleuve St-Laurent and the Jacques-Cartier bridge in the background... As for me, if it's on the 18-19 or 20th of April, I'll be out of town that week-end...Sorry... :(

Jeff

bad_manners_god
04-06-2008, 11:09 PM
If you guys go to Ile Ste-Helene, you can go the large parking lot for La Ronde... You have the fleuve St-Laurent and the Jacques-Cartier bridge in the background... As for me, if it's on the 18-19 or 20th of April, I'll be out of town that week-end...Sorry... :(

Jeff

Lets just have 2 meets then, 1 meet on the 18,19,20 and the other when we can all make it.

Qube
04-07-2008, 08:52 AM
I won't be there for too long as I'm not alone. Maybe drop em all off at a mall or something first :)

BMWDriver
04-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Lets just have 2 meets then, 1 meet on the 18,19,20 and the other when we can all make it.

I agree. We'll have warmer weather and the snow will be gone later in May or June.

repenttokyo
04-07-2008, 10:55 AM
always was called the biosphere :)

actually, it was the US Pavilion at Expo 67. It was renamed the biosphere afterwards.

525i winter driver
04-07-2008, 02:46 PM
TENTATIVE DATE APRIL 19-20
Saturday April 19 at 2 pm - location to be determined
In case of rain : Sunday April 20

this is cool - so let's just meet up then and for those that have the time we can go for a little drive maybe after.
maybe take a 'before' pic and meet up for an 'after' when jeff can make it and the grass is greener (and the rust is gone).

i took some pics of ile ste helene at the fort ('x') and at the biosphere ('y') -which has a cool history and looks like a neat place to visit.
http://biosphere.ec.gc.ca/History-WS7DD2D209-1_En.htm
i only remember it as being part of a set on the original battlestar galactica, what the... it's a biosphere now?

just suggestions... best i can think of tho. also a pic of my friend's e32 who will hopefully sign up here.

525i winter driver
04-07-2008, 03:09 PM
these photos are outside fort ste-helene (somewhere around 'x' on the previous map). qube, no pressure, man... ;)

http://www.stewart-museum.org/

note - access to the jacques cartier bridge is closed until may... it is easy to come across pont de la concorde but watch out for radar in that 50k zone!

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5482&stc=1&d=1229558986http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5483&stc=1&d=1229558986
http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5484&stc=1&d=1229558986http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5485&stc=1&d=1229558986
http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5486&stc=1&d=1229558986

Monastie
04-07-2008, 03:13 PM
always was called the biosphere :)

BMWDriver
04-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Looks like a great spot for the meet! I think the Biosphere ought to be the place since you can't quite miss it.

Monastie
04-07-2008, 11:10 PM
actually, it was the US Pavilion at Expo 67. It was renamed the biosphere afterwards.
oops, ya... i knew that!
but I just meant that it's not something new.

repenttokyo
04-08-2008, 05:48 AM
sorry to hear about your accident, glad you are ok. but why exactly does this mean you won't be showing up?

bad_manners_god
04-08-2008, 11:04 AM
We'll guys, I probably won't be showing up after yesterday's event's.

I was on the 13 passing st-martin in the left lane when my tire blew out at 125, sending me into the middle lane and got clipped by another car sending the G35 spinning through the fence and onto the service road and right into an oncoming Murano.

Somehow the car stopped on its own power after deploying the front, side and curtain aibags. Somehow in all that mess, no one was even scratched. I went to the hosptial because I had a kink in my neck, they took x-rays and had the doctor examin me and then released me.

Thank god for airbags and shear luck that no-one was injured...I don't know what kind of outcome that would have been if I was in a Tercel instead of a G35.

bad_manners_god
04-08-2008, 11:51 AM
sorry to hear about your accident, glad you are ok. but why exactly does this mean you won't be showing up?

My parents see it as sign to stop driving for awhile which I won't be able to take my car out of the garage.

Monastie
04-08-2008, 02:52 PM
damn... glad you're fine!
I had a similar freaky accident at around the same speed, but me I actually LOST A WHEEL! was in the e34

repenttokyo
04-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Almost a T-bone with the Murano, my "front front left" hit his "front left left" exploding my front, curtain and side airbag and exploding the murano's side and curtain airbag.

I'm pretty upset, espically for once that I didn't do anything wrong and I was driving like everyone else and my tire blows out. At least I was lucky that it didn't blow out when I was going faster.

The cops are going to be at my house tomorrow morning for my statement and the keys for the car. Should be interesting.

why are the cops taking your keys?

repenttokyo
04-08-2008, 04:37 PM
So they can lock the doors at the towing lot.

i see. in case somebody wants to steal the deployed airbags? ;)

525i winter driver
04-08-2008, 06:05 PM
My parents see it as sign to stop driving for awhile...

errr... so... they needed a sign?

man i'm glad you're ok and no one else was hurt, sounds like a crazy accident!
you had a head-on/t-bone with an suv?!?!?! do i understand that correctly?
i bet you are so pissed dude, hope things work out - no charges i hope do you know already?

maybe you can make it out for the next one - you'll get through this, man.
keep us posted...

monastie u r freaking me out - what caused your wheel to fall off?

uh... i should mention i think all those parking lots in the photos are pay-lots... the one right by the biosphere has an attendant i think but the other ones are machines... i think... i can check again if we decide to meet there.

bad_manners_god
04-08-2008, 06:31 PM
errr... so... they needed a sign?

man i'm glad you're ok and no one else was hurt, sounds like a crazy accident!
you had a head-on/t-bone with an suv?!?!?! do i understand that correctly?
i bet you are so pissed dude, hope things work out - no charges i hope do you know already?

maybe you can make it out for the next one - you'll get through this, man.
keep us posted...

monastie u r freaking me out - what caused your wheel to fall off?

uh... i should mention i think all those parking lots in the photos are pay-lots... the one right by the biosphere has an attendant i think but the other ones are machines... i think... i can check again if we decide to meet there.

Almost a T-bone with the Murano, my "front front left" hit his "front left left" exploding my front, curtain and side airbag and exploding the murano's side and curtain airbag.

I'm pretty upset, espically for once that I didn't do anything wrong and I was driving like everyone else and my tire blows out. At least I was lucky that it didn't blow out when I was going faster.

The cops are going to be at my house tomorrow morning for my statement and the keys for the car. Should be interesting.

Monastie
04-08-2008, 07:42 PM
I was on the highway going around 130kmh, and the next thing i know theres a horrible scratching noise and i see my wheel rolling past me....
I think some1 tried stealing my wheels and got disturbed... people are fkin crazy

Bottom line is i still got lucky, didnt hit anyone... didnt hit the car either
the damages are only to the left side fender, the rotor and the hub.

posted about it a while ago

bad_manners_god
04-08-2008, 09:03 PM
why are the cops taking your keys?

So they can lock the doors at the towing lot.

Qube
04-09-2008, 12:27 AM
So is this going down? We're a click away from getting a larger SUV or something comfy for the 500km (each way) trip.

525i winter driver
04-09-2008, 02:17 PM
So is this going down? We're a click away from getting a larger SUV or something comfy for the 500km (each way) trip.
qube if you're coming i will be there for sure.

Monastie
04-09-2008, 04:21 PM
x2

repenttokyo
04-10-2008, 08:21 AM
That's a brilliant idea. I didn't realize we could do that.

I've done the entire track sideways in a Crown Victoria :) Lots of fun.

repenttokyo
04-10-2008, 08:22 AM
2pm. Can we move it to say, 1pm or 1:30? We're going to visit the Biodome anyway, but I'm guessing right after lunch would be perfect.

biodome is not the biosphere. the biodome is located out in the east near the olympic stadium.

BMWDriver
04-10-2008, 12:40 PM
So, yea, Saturday April 19 at 2 pm, "Y" marks the spot: the Biosphere. Bring cash for the parking. Upon rain, then Sunday at 2 pm.

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5474&stc=1&d=1207597502

Make yourselves known who comes. I.

Saturday April 19 at 2 pm - Ile Sainte-Helene at the Biosphere
In case of rain : Sunday April 20 at 2pm.

Link to the Biosphere http://ec.gc.ca
160 Chemin Tour - De - Isle, Ile Sainte-Hélène, H3C 4G8
Montreal, Quebec H3C 4G8, Canada
(514) 283-5000
THE JACQUES CARTIER BRIDGE ENTRANCE TO THE ISLAND IS CLOSED YET. There is another way by the Victoria Bridge or Old Montreal going towards the Champlain Bridge.

PM for my cel phone if needed.

BMWDriver
04-10-2008, 01:03 PM
This ought to be a short meet. But I think we could go around the Gilles-Villeneuve racing circuit which is right close by.

525i winter driver
04-10-2008, 01:59 PM
This ought to be a short meet. But I think we could go around the Gilles-Villeneuve racing circuit which is right close by. That's a brilliant idea. I didn't realize we could do that.

Make yourselves known who comes. I.

THE JACQUES CARTIER BRIDGE ENTRANCE TO THE ISLAND IS CLOSED YET. There is another way by the Victoria Bridge or Old Montreal going towards the Champlain Bridge.

I. (don't have a cel phone)

To get there you can follow the casino signs from the highway 10 exit (marked casino among other things), which is about 2-3km south of downtown. Maybe i missed it but i didn't see a sign for Ile Ste Helene... you take the ramp marked Ile Notre Dame at the 3-way stop after the bridge "de la concorde" (your other choice is the casino parking lot) and you end up on "chemin MacDonald" Unless I edit this later these are good directions.:)

BMWDriver
04-10-2008, 02:05 PM
The trip round the circuit is to be confirmed, but I heard people had done it. Some years back I had rented rollerblades there.

You can follow directions to the Casino which are posted in blue (if I recall).

525i winter driver
04-10-2008, 02:08 PM
The trip round the circuit is to be confirmed, but I heard people had done it.

You can follow directions to the Casino which are posted in blue (if I recall).
yes they are blue i think - cool new sig btw

Qube
04-10-2008, 02:16 PM
2pm. Can we move it to say, 1pm or 1:30? We're going to visit the Biodome anyway, but I'm guessing right after lunch would be perfect.

BMWDriver
04-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Biosphere or Biodome ? These two are quite different. The Biodome is attached to the Olympic Stadium Horrendificus, and houses many live animals and plants. The Biosphere has ecological expositions, or something like that.

Well, 1:30 should work too, why not. I'm not the early bird, so I might make it by two for my part. Then again, this is an exciting meet.

I'll take my Cybershot (6.0 MP) along with me.

It'd be a shame if BMG doesn't make it. He's worked hard on his (controversial) e34. I'm sure he can work something out to be there even if he drives not himself.

bad_manners_god
04-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Biosphere or Biodome ? These two are quite different. The Biodome is attached to the Olympic Stadium Horrendificus, and houses many live animals and plants. The Biosphere has ecological expositions, or something like that.

Well, 1:30 should work too, why not. I'm not the early bird, so I might make it by two for my part. Then again, this is an exciting meet.

I'll take my Cybershot (6.0 MP) along with me.

It'd be a shame if BMG doesn't make it. He's worked hard on his (controversial) e34. I'm sure he can work something out to be there even if he drives not himself.

I want to come, I only have a few things to sort out, if anything I'll get my friend to drive the speed limit. I hate other people driving my car.

Anyone have a REAR LEFT WINDOW REGULATOR????

Have to finish my exhaust and get the car aligned at the minimum for me to come down.

I'll have all the problem spots repainted after I guess.

The reason there's problem spots....Right after the painting was done on the car, it stayed isolated in the paint shop for a couple days since work was slow. As it was in the paint shop, I was able to work on it quietly and isolated from people that can't walk.

After the 4th day in the paint shop, we had to take it out to make room for other cars. Not even an hour after taking it out of the paint shop, a customer walks by the car with keys hanging on his belt and scratches the clear in a couple places.

I was pretty furious when I saw that but I didn't say anything, after all he is a customer. Anyway, since the removal from the paint shop, it's gotten moved around and just people manuvering around it have left marks here and there.

The re-spray of all the problem parts will be the last thing I do, after all the window tinting, alignment(s), exhaust lines and anything else I can think of.

repenttokyo
04-11-2008, 02:19 AM
sounds like a pretty careless paint shop.

repenttokyo
04-11-2008, 10:50 AM
FYI, it's my dad's shop and the customer's are the problem/

why are customers wandering the shop floor? maybe you should introduce a few "workplace accidents" to keep them from damaging anymore cars.

repenttokyo
04-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Kind of hard to explain what work needs/wants to be done without showing us.

the paint shop i go to has no problem with clients scratching other clients cars....and they keep people off the workroom floor.

anyways.

bad_manners_god
04-11-2008, 04:10 PM
sounds like a pretty careless paint shop.

FYI, it's my dad's shop and the customer's are the problem/

bad_manners_god
04-11-2008, 06:33 PM
why are customers wandering the shop floor? maybe you should introduce a few "workplace accidents" to keep them from damaging anymore cars.

Kind of hard to explain what work needs/wants to be done without showing us.

bad_manners_god
04-11-2008, 06:57 PM
the paint shop i go to has no problem with clients scratching other clients cars....and they keep people off the workroom floor.

anyways.

I'm not a client per-say, I pretty much run the place.

Qube
04-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Things don't look good. Wife and other lady wants to take the Element or Hyundai Tuscan........

Qube
04-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Also, I just realized you said Biosphere and not Biodome... ARH

525i winter driver
04-12-2008, 06:54 AM
Also, I just realized you said Biosphere and not Biodome... ARH
they would actually be pretty close if the j-c bridge were accessible. i only saw the ramp to the bridge but i assumed the ramp from the j-c bridge to the island would be closed too. i will do a drive by again to confirm, can't find any info on transports-quebec site.

i think we ought to try and accomodate qube as much as we can since he is travelling with a group and coming a long ways. any time is fine with me.

bmg i'm glad you're planning on coming... hope things went ok with the officials.

edit: found this... looks like access is open NB from the bridge... i think you can do a u-turn on the south end of the bridge if you are coming from the north... will check - how's your french?

Entrave : en semaine
Début :
Fin :
Mise à jour : 2008-04-02
2008-05-28
2008-04-09 15:35
Direction(s) EST/OUEST
Localisation Pont JACQUES-CARTIER
Montréal, Longueuil
Identification des travaux Travaux d'entretien de lampadaires
Entrave(s)

Détail du chantier Du 30 mars 21 h au 28 mai
- fermeture COMPLÈTE en tout temps de l'accès vers l'Ile Ste-Hélène en provenance du pont Jacques-Cartier vers la Rive-Sud

Détour(s) Via Longueuil et retour sur le pont Jacques-cartier en direction de Mtl et sortie vers l'Ile-Ste-Hélène

edit2:
Things don't look good. Wife and other lady wants to take the Element or Hyundai Tuscan........
whoops didn't see this you hid it well from us hybrid viewers... that's too bad... i am still keeping the afternoon open folks, it's very easy for me like i said any time is good.

bad_manners_god
04-12-2008, 08:14 AM
I just don't think there will be enough time for me to finish the exhaust, I still have parts that haven't arrived and I have my high-flow cat in the g35 that the officials still have doing mechanical inspection.

BMWDriver
04-12-2008, 10:04 AM
I've gone and checked it out : we can drive around the Gilles-Villeneuve circuit, albeit we can go at 30 km/h tops. Good surveilance there too. Here's a good pic spot I found:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/quebecman/GVe34.png

Other pics where I show off my wheels. There are a few parking spots there too. Price is $3 per hour for parking, as is elsewhere in the streets of Montreal.

Qube
04-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Yay! The Element has rusty brakes from bad storage :) So taking the e39. Now it's just a matter of location... how to convince them i need to go to the biosphere and not dome :|

bad_manners_god
04-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Yay! The Element has rusty brakes from bad storage :) So taking the e39. Now it's just a matter of location... how to convince them i need to go to the biosphere and not dome :|

Just tell them the name was recently changed ;)

BMWDriver
04-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Free entrance at the Biosphere for Earth Day on April 19-20: http://www.biosphere.ec.gc.ca

"Environmental Renovation for All
Emmanuel Cosgrove, April 19 and 20, 3:00 p.m. (English presentation)"

The exhibits look interesting too.

Monastie
04-13-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm in too, my exam finishes at 12 on Saturday, if It moves to Sunday I can't though... I have another exam at 2pm.

Btw, I wouldn't mind doing it at the olympic stadium either, it's not ugly there either!

525i winter driver
04-14-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm in too, my exam finishes at 12 on Saturday, if It moves to Sunday I can't though... I have another exam at 2pm.

Btw, I wouldn't mind doing it at the olympic stadium either, it's not ugly there either!
that's a good idea... it might make it much easier for qube and the GV racing circuit/ISH is still very close for those who want to do a drive afterwards. the terribolympic stadium doesn't look so bad from the outside at least and we'd be driving over the JC bridge (twice! with the U) to get to the track, talk about hitting mtl landmarks.

BMWDriver
04-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Well, I don't mind that Olympic option either, but where to park exactly ? Another scout trip anyone ?

repenttokyo
04-15-2008, 09:43 AM
not sure if i can do i'm nuts busy right now (guess i'll send the spy-plane...)

i think i've only ever gone by subway, so i'm not sure... but "X" i think is the parking for the botanical gardens and "Y" is for a (hockey) museum. i think stadium parking is underground.

i say if we have to guess 'X' looks best.

pretty sure there is a big movie theatre just east of the Big O that has a huge parking lot.

525i winter driver
04-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Well, I don't mind that Olympic option either, but where to park exactly ? Another scout trip anyone ?

i think i've only ever gone by subway, so i'm not sure... but "X" i think is the parking for the botanical gardens and "Y" is for a (hockey) museum. i think stadium parking is underground.

bad_manners_god
04-15-2008, 08:09 PM

X does look like the best, looks like the easiest to access with a fair amount of space for 6-9 cars.

BMWDriver
04-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Indeed, that is the Jardin Botanique. I guess there ought not to be a big crowd even if it's to be warm and sunny this weekend. I'll edit the first page then.

Jardin botanique de Montréal / Montréal Botanical Garden (http://www2.ville.montreal.qc.ca/jardin/jardin.htm)
www.ville.montreal.qc.ca

4101 Sherbrooke Est
Montréal, QC H1X 2B2, Canada
(514) 872-1400

repenttokyo
04-17-2008, 09:29 AM
hi there... is this meet for anybody? can i participate also? i'm in Montreal also....

yes it is open to everyone.

BMWDriver
04-17-2008, 12:37 PM
qube... i don't think it makes a difference to anyone except you - someone correct me if i'm wrong. tell us what's best, man. i'll certainly be checking post#1 saturday morning.

Ditto. Tell us, almighty Qube !

byeyou
04-17-2008, 02:03 PM
hi there... is this meet for anybody? can i participate also? i'm in Montreal also....

Qube
04-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Near Biodome again eh? Man, it's tough changing the plans with the rest of the crew :) I'll have to see how I can arrange it...

525i winter driver
04-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Near Biodome again eh? Man, it's tough changing the plans with the rest of the crew :) I'll have to see how I can arrange it...
qube... i don't think it makes a difference to anyone except you - someone correct me if i'm wrong. tell us what's best, man. i'll certainly be checking post#1 saturday morning.
of course man -we couldn't get the police escort tho, they're booked for game 6 i think. bring food. (jk:D )

bad_manners_god
04-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Well, it's offical, I won't be making it, exhaust isn't done STILL....
Rear Left window won't close
Alignment needs to be done and replace the bent control arms.

Qube
04-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Keep it there. I'm not important. Heck, I'm not even driving the e34 :) The schedule should permit me to come by as long as you guys are in and out in 15 minutes...

Qube
04-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Should be ok I guess, depending on where they wanna go. I'm at 505 Rue Sherbrooke E, Montréal QC a few seconds away.

repenttokyo
04-18-2008, 10:42 AM
I can't make the meet tomorrow guys - work plus friends coming over to watch the philly / wsh game at one. best of luck to everyone.

Qube
04-18-2008, 04:22 PM
So... I'm in Montreal. Now what? :) my email: em a i l @ j a s o nlau.ca

BMWDriver
04-18-2008, 07:02 PM
I can't make the meet tomorrow guys - work plus friends coming over to watch the philly / wsh game at one. best of luck to everyone.

Well, there will be another time. Have fun with your friends !

The forecast is mostly sunny with 20 degrees Celcius.

So, no change in plans then, we're meeting at the Botanical Garden.

Monastie
04-18-2008, 07:43 PM
will be there!

MurderBlack
04-19-2008, 10:19 AM
aah man , wish I could be there!! My car is in the shop till monday

Qube
04-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Someone email me their number. I'm here.