PDA

View Full Version : blower motor not working

robert g
03-28-2008, 03:34 PM
I replaced the bushings on my blower motor and was working fine. In trying to bleed the cooling system the blower motor would stop when the car got hot. It happened 2 or 3 times. One morning I started the car cold and noticed that the blower motor was not working in any speed. I checked the fuses and they are ok. I looked in the bentley book to see if there is a relay for the blower motor but the pictures in the book is different than what i see in my car. Before I take out the blower motor what can I do to check the motor or if it is getting power. I dont want to drive the car to far because the blower motor is not working and want to make sure it doesn't over heat before I get all of the air out of the cooling system... Thanks I have a 94 525i

JD525IA
03-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Mine did about two months ago. Typical symtom it is bad is that the blower only works in the highest speed. If you look at the schematic or if you look at the pack, you will see that there is a sort of overtemp protection loop on the pack that when hot it physically bends and breaks the circuit and stops the fan from running at all. I think I paid less than $20 for the pack.

That was the case on my car. The pack is above the gas pedal, under the dash, within inches of the bottom of the fan. It's quite easy to replace once you get on your knees with a flashlight a can see what you are trying to get at.

Good luck.

JD

robert g
03-28-2008, 05:53 PM
I had an extra one and that didnt make it work.. Can I jump the blower motor from somewhere else than from the motor.. I really dont want to take the cover and that all off.. I will if I have to..

shogun
03-28-2008, 05:56 PM
yes, see the wiring diagrams here
http://shark.armchair.mb.ca/~dave/BMW/e34/