PDA

View Full Version : IR mirror wiring retrofit

Bo525i
03-26-2008, 07:31 AM
Has anyone ever retrofitted the wiring from the rear up under the headlining to the IR electrochrome mirror?

I´ve got the 3 wire connector installed already and I´d like to connect the builtin IR controller as well.. I already have a fairly long piece of original 10 wire incl connector wiring, so if anyone has a pic or whatever of how to connect the remaining 6 or 7 wires to the ZKE I´d be grateful!

T.i.a

attack eagle
03-26-2008, 05:04 PM
you have an ir system???? I forget, are you trying to retrofit it to get switchblade remotes, or what is your thinking behind trying to fit this terrible outdated system to a car that is set up for the newer rf one?
should be the alpine RF system.

I had several ofthe pins for the 10 pin (9 wires) fugured out, but 4 of them are not.
so far 5 are definative, the 2 for the clown nose led, and the 3 wires you already have.

Bo525i
03-26-2008, 07:29 PM
As far I know the mirror has the IR receiver/controller builtin and I have the 2 button IR key (see photos), thats my reason :)

I just wanna use what I´ve got, get it to work that is :) So thats why I´d like some advice, the 3 wires for the autodip are already connected so they´re easy to trace.. But the rest seems a bit harder to connect to the ZKE but doable I hope..

Oh and btw. I don´t have the DWA connector under my rear seat thats why I want to route it up under the headliner from the mirror connector to the ZKE just like the 9 wire full harness which I have an original of ;)

Could it be that the older receiver connector is hidden in the ceiling (no sunroof) and that wires for IR are in it, just a thought haven´t looked yet..

Bo525i
03-27-2008, 12:15 PM
> bump

Bo525i
03-30-2008, 06:06 AM
No IR wiring at all in my car, so its a reroute for all but the 3 electrochrome connections!

Oh well, I´ll let you know if I succeed eventually :)

Bo525i
03-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Here´s what I´ve found so far..