PDA

View Full Version : E90 = hot feet!?

bsell
03-25-2008, 10:15 AM
I just picked up a '08 328I sedan with sport package, 12K miles, and not much else.

Took her out to play a little this evening and got my feet roasted! Yes, I set the climate control to the coldest setting, 60F, and then all I got was outside air (36F). At any setting above 60, I got the roasted feet syndrome. The air out the armrest vents to the back seat was the same, hot temperature that was cooking my feet. I could vary the temp of the air coming out of the center dash vents with the dial for this purpose. I also got cool air out of the defroster and center dash vents with the temp control set in the low '60s. But still had the hot feet...

This is very different behavior than my '95 525 and I wanted to check with you all to see if I am doing something wrong or is the car whacked?

I would ask the previous owner if he noticed this during his five months of ownership, but he is out of town for a little while.

She is due for her first service (oil/filter change) in 500 miles so if you all think the car is miss-behaving, I will add this to the service appointment.

Brian