PDA

View Full Version : Your forum name - explain!!!!

e34.535i.sport
03-25-2008, 03:17 AM
Looking around there's some really interesting screen names on this forum... Just wondering what they mean to you?!

I know there's been threads on this in the past, but thought I'd get an updated version on the go.

Mine is pretty obvious - Mainly done to save stating what my vehicle is in posts! Lazy I know... Everywhere else (ebay/Ps3 online etc) I call myself "Entwicklung34" which is where the 'e' in e34 comes from, its german for development or creation. I like using it because not many people outside of here will know what it means! :D

Ferret
03-25-2008, 04:38 AM
I used to be a biiiig Quake 2 & 3/Unreal/Unreal Tournament gamer back in the day and used to use the nick Psycho_Ferret all the time (it got attached to me after I got a reputation for hiding in small spaces with the sniper rifle.) Shortened it for most forum use and it's kinda fizzled from there.

repenttokyo
03-25-2008, 05:37 AM
it's the name of my record label.

Morgenster
03-25-2008, 07:20 AM
Mine'll be the name I use for any online adventure.
It's the first name of the very first angel ever. Guess what became of him.

Ferret
03-25-2008, 07:36 AM
Did you play CS at some point? Because I think you may have sniped me a couple of times.

I may quite possibly have partaken in CS on numerous occasions!

>.>

<.<

Dave M
03-25-2008, 08:47 AM
My first name is Dave. I added the M as its the first initial of my last name. PM me if you need a better explanation ;)

Dave M

Morgenster
03-25-2008, 10:07 AM
I used to be a biiiig Quake 2 & 3/Unreal/Unreal Tournament gamer back in the day and used to use the nick Psycho_Ferret all the time (it got attached to me after I got a reputation for hiding in small spaces with the sniper rifle.) Shortened it for most forum use and it's kinda fizzled from there.

Did you play CS at some point? Because I think you may have sniped me a couple of times.

whiskychaser
03-25-2008, 10:28 AM
[B]
Mine is pretty obvious - Mainly done to save stating what my vehicle is in posts! Lazy I know... Everywhere else (ebay/Ps3 online etc) I call myself "Entwicklung34" which is where the 'e' in e34 comes from, its german for development or creation. I like using it because not many people outside of here will know what it means! :D
Mine is pretty obvious too. Only some people insist on spelling it with an E, dont they? :D

Paul in NZ
03-25-2008, 11:22 AM
mine is rather obvious
My name is Paul
I live in New Zealand

e34.535i.sport
03-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Mine is pretty obvious too. Only some people insist on spelling it with an E, dont they? :D

Guilty as charged!!!!;) I've Never noticed that: Whiskey - Whisky. I have no idea why I do that. I feel a little freaked out right now I'll be honest, JD is my 2nd favourite drink too...

Think I'd better go and have a couple to help me learn to spell it. :p

nirvana19
03-25-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm buddhist (family from sri lanka) hence, nirvana. I also like Nirvana (the band), and the wireless network in my house is "nirvana". So, yeah, lots of nirvana!

19 is a random number, first two digits of the year I was born in maybe?? :D

repenttokyo
03-25-2008, 12:18 PM
wow....with the sound of KMFDM and the look of SNFU led by Mr. Chi Pig in the slam dancing early-mid 80's... ;)

lol :p

AngryPopTart
03-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Name I used in the original Team Fortress.

Jehu
03-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Jehu was a King (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehu); I first came across the name if i recall correctly reading the Old Testament but when I saw ; This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drive_Like_Jehu) on a T Shirt on a kid in a San Diego Health-food Store near Moonlight Beach it stuck in my mind. I related with the description of his chariot driving in verse 20 of the Biblical passage (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Kings%209%20;&version=49;)Coincidentally my license plate is the Hebrew word for Chariot; MERKAVA.

M20Turbo
03-25-2008, 02:04 PM
any questions?

Sam-Son
03-25-2008, 02:09 PM
well I am the son of sam

525i winter driver
03-25-2008, 02:30 PM
errr...

as for the name in the sig the car was dubbed 'destroyer' because for the first little while after getting it i had cassette only and the only tape i had that was (kind of) worth listening to was the kiss album. kinda describes the mechanic too.

attack eagle
03-25-2008, 03:00 PM
name of the old Southern Miss logo

filip00
03-25-2008, 03:13 PM
my name is Filip, but when i first started using internet 8-9 yrs ago, usually Filip was taken on croatian forums or chats, so i started using filip with two zeros...it was easy to remember. so it simply stayed, filip00.

RockJock
03-25-2008, 03:53 PM
it's the name of my record label.

wow....with the sound of KMFDM and the look of SNFU led by Mr. Chi Pig in the slam dancing early-mid 80's... ;)

scott540
03-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Scott540 started when I got the car and joined Roadfly. It stuck and is now pretty much a part of everything I online

Sweetwater
03-25-2008, 04:53 PM
I was born and raised in Sweetwater county..........Wyoming.......and it's not a garden spot................

:D

525i winter driver
03-25-2008, 05:01 PM

omg i had a feeling you were a prairie-guy lol... how do you manage to survive when you're cheering for sweden???

Bo525i
03-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Well, Bo´s my name and guess the rest if you can :D

healtoeit
03-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Cheesy way for me to connect my gaming life to cars. In world of warcraft im a warrior and need healing (hence the heal not heel). And the "toeit" is for heel toe shifting!
:D

pingu
03-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Pingu is a cartoon penguin that sounds a little bit like my name (except that Pingu doesn't talk properly!)

MTV
03-25-2008, 08:01 PM
My initials.

fujioko
03-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Mine is a random Japanese surname.

mamilapon
03-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Thai restaurant, just loved the name(boring!)

Dragunov
03-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Well, a picture is worth more than a thousand words so here goes:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc43/DragunovHUN/NDM86-54R-Furniture007-2.jpg

Rus
03-25-2008, 11:50 PM
My handle comes from my nationality. I'm russian by birth and upbringing. Russia is commonly abbreviated as RUS on sticker and license plates, so I use it for a short screen name.

attack eagle
03-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Pingu is a cartoon penguin that sounds a little bit like my name (except that Pingu doesn't talk properly!)
http://chicks-dig-unix.net/img/pingu-resized.jpg

RockJock
03-26-2008, 12:02 AM
omg i had a feeling you were a prairie-guy lol... how do you manage to survive when you're cheering for sweden???

Hahaha! indeed…. Speaking of hockey and SNFU; we were at an SNFU gig the night the oilers started their dynasty! D.O.A. played that night and I think Jerry, Jerry and the Sons of Rhythm Orchestra were also on….I recall drinking vast quantities of cheap kelowna wine with Mr. Chi Pig, the Belke brothers and Gerry Woods from Jerry Jerry…

A very small non-mainstream scene at the time….the gigs were a blast. Slam dancing and diving off the stage and into the crowd was key :D

D.O.A. were crazy….a moment in hardcore punk history, lol :) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt_oK6WLyI8&feature=related

Ferret
03-26-2008, 08:58 AM
http://chicks-dig-unix.net/img/pingu-resized.jpg

Schmooooooo?

525i winter driver
03-26-2008, 12:38 PM
…. Speaking of hockey and SNFU; we were at an SNFU gig the night the oilers started their dynasty!
LOL - i knew it! only someone from edmonton would bring up snfu on a bimmer site. name a few more bands and i'll guess your high-skool. i can't believe snfu played the night of a sc-final game iirc they were big oilers fans. must have been absolutely nuts, too bad i was 12 or so. i know that scene a little bit tho, i'm a nomeansno nut.

sorry for dragging this thread ot guys but since i'm here and on a roll - jock = scona comp :D , maybe shep

whiskychaser
03-26-2008, 01:10 PM
yes he does. you just have to listen

repenttokyo
03-26-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm a self-absorbed Libertarian with delusions of not being self-absorbed. Ahh, and it's Thoreau. Henry David Thoreau. Shakin, not stirred.

i used to live near walden pond, thoreau is the bomb.

RockJock
03-26-2008, 04:56 PM
LOL - i knew it! only someone from edmonton would bring up snfu on a bimmer site. name a few more bands and i'll guess your high-skool. i can't believe snfu played the night of a sc-final game iirc they were big oilers fans. must have been absolutely nuts, too bad i was 12 or so. i know that scene a little bit tho, i'm a nomeansno nut.

sorry for dragging this thread ot guys but since i'm here and on a roll - jock = scona comp :D , maybe shep

Yeah, this is getting WAY OT....

You do remember correctly Ken Chin and the Belke twins were HUGE oilers fans! i got my bands mixed up, the DOA/SNFU gig took place in January that year…..and Stretchmarks, SNFU and Down Syndrome played at spartans the night the oilers won the sc for the first time…..i went to so many gigs I’m getting them all mixed up….

http://www.punkhistorycanada.ca/gallery/show.php?pageNum_rsSearchResults=3&album_id=15&totalRows_rsSearchResults=209&id=116

scona comp indeed, that’s scary, how did you guess?!?

525i winter driver
03-26-2008, 05:48 PM
scona comp indeed, that’s scary, how did you guess?!?

LMAO how slick is that???? elementary my dear rockjock i had it narrowed down to a few based on your posts about music and 'jock' gives it away! when i graduated from scona in '90 the track team was still provincial champs for the 23rd year in a row or something and the swim team had a good string going too. i was pissed for the whole 3 years because they (kirkland, was he around?) wouldn't start a soccer team as it would have injured all the precious track stars who played.

Stretchmarks, SNFU and Down Syndrome played at spartans the night the oilers won the sc for the first time…..i went to so many gigs I’m getting them all mixed up….

so that's where the riot started! i'm surprised there are any survivors - glad you made it... i was old enough to see more wheatchiefs than snfu but actually i played in a band for a while that opened for snfu once in the mid nineties we were both on tour in the maritimes and a few of my bandmates new them. i played street hockey with the belkes a couple of times... i think... those were the days...

hey this isn't really that off topic... the thread's about explaining forum names and i just explained yours :D

repenttokyo
03-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Just curious, who was the swim coach when you were there?

There’s a chance that I may have to pickup a BT from Montreal at the beginning of May. I don’t speak a stitch of French and being from a small western hicktown and all I may have to look you up to help me find my way around the big city…

Also, after seeing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIhyUq7vKmY I’m thinking I may have to checkout one of repentokyo’s Slammer Virus raves….I’d probably be the oldest guy there but what the hell!:p That vid brought back memories .... Way back when we used to go to this club called “Scandals” with new-wave bands like Darkroom and Voice (the guy on keyboards, Dwayne Goettel, with ‘Voice’ ended up joining Skinny Puppy and later died of a heroine od in 95)…..I never got into the drugs part of it but I remember the MDA fueled vampire lifestyle rave-like parties at “Scandals”…

those were some crazy times. Our next show is in Ottawa in June, actually. Glad you liked the vid, I'm the guy playing the guitar :D :D If you do end up in Montreal, the three of us should meet up and all feel old together with our old cars ;)

Phatty5BMW
03-26-2008, 06:13 PM
I may quite possibly have partaken in CS on numerous occasions!

>.>

<.<

You guys play counter-strike???? If so that would be bad ass. Get ahold of me if you do!

ThoreauHD
03-26-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm a self-absorbed Libertarian with delusions of not being self-absorbed. Ahh, and it's Thoreau. Henry David Thoreau. Shakin, not stirred.

RockJock
03-26-2008, 08:52 PM
and the swim team had a good string going too.

There’s a chance that I may have to pickup a BT from Montreal at the beginning of May. I don’t speak a stitch of French and being from a small western hicktown and all I may have to look you up to help me find my way around the big city…:D

Also, after seeing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIhyUq7vKmY I’m thinking I may have to checkout one of repentokyo’s Slammer Virus raves….I’d probably be the oldest guy there but what the hell!:p That vid brought back memories .... Way back when we used to go to this club called “Scandals” with new-wave bands like Darkroom and Voice (the guy on keyboards, Dwayne Goettel, with ‘Voice’ ended up joining Skinny Puppy and later died of a heroin od in 95)…..I never got into the drugs part of it but I remember the MDA fueled vampire lifestyle rave-like parties at “Scandals”…

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-26-2008, 08:59 PM
I pick this cause the name Winfred was already taken

525i winter driver
03-27-2008, 08:35 PM

There’s a chance that I may have to pickup a BT from Montreal at the beginning of May. I don’t speak a stitch of French and being from a small western hicktown and all I may have to look you up to help me find my way around the big city…:D

Also, after seeing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIhyUq7vKmY I’m thinking I may have to checkout one of repentokyo’s Slammer Virus raves….I’d probably be the oldest guy there but what the hell!:p That vid brought back memories .... Way back when we used to go to this club called “Scandals” with new-wave bands like Darkroom and Voice (the guy on keyboards, Dwayne Goettel, with ‘Voice’ ended up joining Skinny Puppy and later died of a heroin od in 95)…..I never got into the drugs part of it but I remember the MDA fueled vampire lifestyle rave-like parties at “Scandals”…wait... there were drugs??????

don richards was swim coach - when were you there? maybe you remember the football coach malcolm of mal/mac socail studies.

would be happy to help out, dude - let us know when you're coming....

those were some crazy times. Our next show is in Ottawa in June, actually. Glad you liked the vid, I'm the guy playing the guitar If you do end up in Montreal, the three of us should meet up and all feel old together with our old cars ;)i got punched in the nose by a bandmate once - only once tho and it didn't bleed as much - looks like a fun time keys too! hmmm.... ottawa.... june.....
looking forward to meeting you guys - i feel old already!

(oh yeah forgot to say)

I pick this cause the name Winfred was already takendude you are funny i actually laughed out loud.

RockJock
03-27-2008, 09:41 PM
wait... there were drugs??????

don richards was swim coach - when were you there? maybe you remember the football coach malcolm of mal/mac socail studies, or 'pelvic' pete peeters who always got waaaaaaay too excited teaching biology.

would be happy to help out, dude - let us know when you're coming....

yessss!..... there were recreational pharmaceuticals, i know, it's rather horrifying :( ...

Mr. Richards, I knew his kid.....

it's a small world man, turns out that Dave M worked with one of the guys I went to school with in Nova Scotia....

i'll PM you guys when the time comes....

525i winter driver
03-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Mr. Richards, I knew his kid.....

Mr Richards' kid was my best friend in high school.

me and the rest of his friends had to do pushups when he was late for gym.

far out.

RockJock
03-28-2008, 12:44 AM
Mr Richards' kid was my best friend in high school.

me and the rest of his friends had to do pushups when he was late for gym.

far out.

last post for me on this thread....

just curious, ever hear of a band called 'Feeding Like Butterflies' and does one of your buddies own a longboard skateboard shop on 124st??!?!?!? :D ;) :D ;)

http://www.local124.com/

Nick.Hay
03-28-2008, 02:49 AM
That is a lovely looking weapon mate!! :D

Nick.Hay
03-28-2008, 02:51 AM
What??

We have a user named Winfred??

Who's he??

VentoGT
03-28-2008, 09:27 AM
VentoGT--In Europe, the A3 Jetta was called "Vento". I had a Jetta GT as my first car, and ended up getting a VentoGT badge....hence my screen name.

I actually got a parking ticket and still have it where the meter maid put "Volkswagen Vento" as the model.

525i winter driver
03-28-2008, 01:38 PM
last post for me on this thread....

just curious, ever hear of a band called 'Feeding Like Butterflies' and does one of your buddies own a longboard skateboard shop on 124st??!?!?!? :D ;) :D ;)

http://www.local124.com/

no i don't think i know him... actually i don't skate(board), in my case it's life-threatening.

dude i played with FLB once - i subbed for their regular cellist who i was friends with. totally nice guys, not really my kind of music tho.

ok i'd better stop now too, sorry for taking over this thread everyone. stranger things have happened but i'm still trippin' a bit on this one - how very cool - see you guys later!

vping
03-28-2008, 02:18 PM
vping was a mistake my cable provider made when I signed up for cablemodem. I decided to keep it and use it on all my forums.

BMWDriver
03-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Well, all I ever want to drive and own from now on is BMW.

Although a quick spin in a Ferrari or Lambo could be loads of fun. Or any other exotic for that matter.