PDA

View Full Version : WTB: individual transmission rebuild parts (seals)

ryan roopnarine
03-24-2008, 10:46 PM
i figured this would happen.....
i am currently waiting on a transtar login, so I can't check their catalog.

i bought a basic transmission overhaul kit for about $70 for my 4l30e, made by precision industries. i did not buy this for the purposes of necessarily overhauling the unit, but to replace the gasket that connects the torque converter housing to the overdrive to the rest of the trans. bmw wanted 140 for about $12 worth of parts, and did not have it on hand, so i bought the overhaul kit. i go to organise my materials to perform the operation, and see that the reverse clutch piston seal that came with the kit says "1995 and newer only, earlier groove is more shallow". my car is a 1992. id rather not have to dick around with ordering another kit, or paying 140 to bmw when i have extra thrust washers coming out of my @ss at current, and live in a small town. is there anywhere that would sell me individual assembly "group" seals by themselves? knew this was going to happen. thanks

whiskychaser
03-25-2008, 05:15 AM
OK these guys are in the UK but post cant take that long can it?...

http://www.jpat.co.uk/productsandservicespartscatalogue.htm

Ross
03-25-2008, 09:17 AM
I don't see it listed in my Transtar catalog.
The 3 speed version of this box was used in Chevettes and postal Jeeps, maybe a trip to the local GM store will get you the seal.