PDA

View Full Version : Non-amber corner lenses?

Coldaccord
03-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Every e34 I see with smoked corner lenses has aftermarket headlights. Are smoked corner lenses available separate? As much as I'd like smoked smileys, my e34 is my dd and my e30 and 240z come first, I can't go spending $400 on smoked smileys for my e34 when my e30 doesn't even have them yet.

repenttokyo
03-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Too much useless information in your post; it's making it hard to understand what you want. I guess you want clear, but smoked corner lenses for your E34?

what are you talking about? there is no useless information in his post. he very clearly asked if he could buy smoked clear corners without also having to buy smoked headlights, ie in a bundle. The answer is yes, they are available separately , either from ebay vendors, or companies like Abraham Motorsport.

AngryPopTart
03-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Too much useless information in your post; it's making it hard to understand what you want. I guess you want clear, but smoked corner lenses for your E34?

repenttokyo
03-24-2008, 03:04 PM
don't expect quality tho - my plastic clear corners are all yellowed and nasty after less than a year :(

Coldaccord
03-24-2008, 04:39 PM

i made the title clear, so you knew what it was about. then, i put a description, where one can get more in depth. I mean i guess if there was no title i could see where you're coming from, but it says "non amber corner lenses for an e34?"

which is exactly what I want. i want to know what my options are, for corner lenses, in colors besides amber

bad_manners_god
03-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Every e34 I see with smoked corner lenses has aftermarket headlights. Are smoked corner lenses available separate? As much as I'd like smoked smileys, my e34 is my dd and my e30 and 240z come first, I can't go spending $400 on smoked smileys for my e34 when my e30 doesn't even have them yet.

Your best and cheapest bet is ebay, your looking at about $40 shipped depending where you live and they come in a variety of style's.

repenttokyo
03-24-2008, 07:34 PM
I was confused by his post:

Every e34 I see with smoked corner lenses has aftermarket headlights.

So... what, the OP has trouble finding a set of aftermarket headlights that doesn't come with smoked corner lenses?

Are smoked corner lenses available separate?

Maybe he wants not simply non-amber corner lenses, but smoked non-amber corner lenses.

As much as I'd like smoked smileys,

Oh, is it that he wants smoked smileys and not smoked corner lenses so long as the corners are not amber? What's going on here?

my e34 is my dd and my e30 and 240z come first, I can't go spending $400 on smoked smileys for my e34 when my e30 doesn't even have them yet.

Stuff that doesn't help me figure out this post. Do you see where I'm coming from, now?

no. i had no trouble understanding his post instantly and exactly as it was written.

repenttokyo
03-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Technically, your options are endless with paint. If you want the cheapest solution, take 800 grit sand paper and sand the corner lenses till they're rough and smoke them to however dark you want, however they're still might be a tint of amber.

why would you do that when replacement lenses are so cheap?

bad_manners_god
03-24-2008, 09:31 PM
i made the title clear, so you knew what it was about. then, i put a description, where one can get more in depth. I mean i guess if there was no title i could see where you're coming from, but it says "non amber corner lenses for an e34?"

which is exactly what I want. i want to know what my options are, for corner lenses, in colors besides amber

Technically, your options are endless with paint. If you want the cheapest solution, take 800 grit sand paper and sand the corner lenses till they're rough and smoke them to however dark you want, however they're still might be a tint of amber.

AngryPopTart
03-24-2008, 09:54 PM
what are you talking about? there is no useless information in his post. he very clearly asked if he could buy smoked clear corners without also having to buy smoked headlights, ie in a bundle. The answer is yes, they are available separately , either from ebay vendors, or companies like Abraham Motorsport.

So... what, the OP has trouble finding a set of aftermarket headlights that doesn't come with smoked corner lenses?

Maybe he wants not simply non-amber corner lenses, but smoked non-amber corner lenses.

Oh, is it that he wants smoked smileys and not smoked corner lenses so long as the corners are not amber? What's going on here?

my e34 is my dd and my e30 and 240z come first, I can't go spending $400 on smoked smileys for my e34 when my e30 doesn't even have them yet.

Stuff that doesn't help me figure out this post. Do you see where I'm coming from, now?

billy
03-24-2008, 10:02 PM
You're talking shite, the post was clear as crystal

AngryPopTart
03-25-2008, 02:23 AM
:rolleyes: Calm down, guys. His post really did confuse me. I'm sorry that you feel the need to become hostile because I can't understand someones post. My post does not equate to talking trash, but your hostile replies do serve to crud up the thread.

billy
03-25-2008, 02:34 AM
:rolleyes: Calm down, guys. His post really did confuse me. I'm sorry that you feel the need to become hostile because I can't understand someones post. My post does not equate to talking trash, but your hostile replies do serve to crud up the thread.

I think the hostility comes from your inital post, stop digging..your hole is getting quite large

repenttokyo
03-25-2008, 05:35 AM

if you couldn't understand his post then why did you bother replying at all?

repenttokyo
03-25-2008, 10:22 AM
dude, i don't have any 'enemies' anywhere.

AngryPopTart
03-25-2008, 01:12 PM
*sigh* Notice the OP didn't become offended the way you two did. Maybe it's my Username that makes you think I'm replying in some asinine way, but I just wanted the OP to understand that I couldn't quite understand what he wanted. Anyway, I'm not going to waste any more time on you two, since you seem bent on making enemies on the board. I don't have a history of lashing out at my fellow posters or causing trouble, but you two are doing a good job of making it look like I do which is completely unfair.

bubba966
03-25-2008, 03:25 PM
I know you can get factory clear lenses. It's what I bought last year for my M-Sport. Certainly not cheap, but they still look as good today as when I installed them a year ago.

Coldaccord
03-25-2008, 05:39 PM
yea I checked there yesterday. I'll probably get the smoked lenses, and euro bumper trim from them, and get some tails from ebay, these ones

http://makotoautotrends.com/products/BM8934-12080TLX.jpg

anyone know if e34 high beams are the same size as e30? I want to find a pair of e34 ellips and smoke them, there's a how-to on r3v

JohnC
03-25-2008, 07:46 PM
go here http://www.abrahamsmotorsport.com/ then click on e34 then scroll down.

attack eagle
03-26-2008, 12:37 AM
I merely find it interesting that he has trouble finding cars with smoked corners that don't come with aftermarket headlights...
Seeing an e34 with aftermarket headlights is a rarity in and of itself... but seeing smoked corners is not.