PDA

View Full Version : Stock fuel pump wiring?

Ferret
03-24-2008, 04:23 AM
The fuel pump relay is under the ECU cover. That clicks over and sends 12 volts to the fuel pump right? Well where does that wire go? I know where to find it in the trunk... but I wanted to see if it goes under the back seat at all. I need to use it to trigger another relay for my external fuel pump and use 10 gauge wire. Any help?

Doesnt it run down the top/side of the transmission tunnel, and then go through the bulkhead on what would be the american passenger side of the car in the footwell? From under the rear seat it then pops through a hole in the bulkhead and drops out under the car...

At least that's what the TDs fuel pump wiring used to do!

Jon K
03-24-2008, 08:04 AM
The fuel pump relay is under the ECU cover. That clicks over and sends 12 volts to the fuel pump right? Well where does that wire go? I know where to find it in the trunk... but I wanted to see if it goes under the back seat at all. I need to use it to trigger another relay for my external fuel pump and use 10 gauge wire. Any help?

Jon K
03-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Doesnt it run down the top/side of the transmission tunnel, and then go through the bulkhead on what would be the american passenger side of the car in the footwell? From under the rear seat it then pops through a hole in the bulkhead and drops out under the car...

At least that's what the TDs fuel pump wiring used to do!

Not sure! That'd be nice if it does, though!

Montreal525
03-24-2008, 08:16 AM
It does go under the rear seat... 2 months ago, my fuel pump died and it was a bad wire. Tracing the cut, we found it was between the pump and the bundle of wire that are present under the rear seat. My mechanic found it with the color I guess and made a jumper wire from that point all the way to the pump... So it's there, somewhere...

Jeff

Jon K
03-24-2008, 05:30 PM
I pulled up the sound deadening under the rear seat and didn't see any obvious wiring - I will have to look again. It definitely runs on top of th ecar right, not under?