PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering what would cause

e34.535i.sport
03-23-2008, 12:09 AM
Mine will tend to stumble a little when I first turn it on and revi it when its stationary, but not after a minute or so?

I'd probably give your ICV a good clean and see if that helps.

robert g
03-23-2008, 01:25 AM
When you are parked and you accelerate the car it doesnt matter how high for example 2000 rpm and when you let the gas pedal go and the rpm's drop back down the engine like stumbles. If you take off or anything the car doesnt shut off. If you are driving and you are coming to a light and you put it in neutral for the ones with manual transmission and you give it gas as you come to a stop the engine doesn't stumble. It is like the engine is given gas but the rpm's do not go up. What causes that to happen. If the car is rolling it doesnt do it. I am sorry if not to clear kind of tired. Thanks

billy
03-23-2008, 06:42 PM
as well as checking/cleaning your ICV (idle control valve) make sure that your throttle position switch is being engaged and is working - do a search on here as to how to check - if its not hitting the microswitch (which can happen over time) then the icv never gets told to switch on.