PDA

View Full Version : Toll Booth Button Not Working.

Barney Paull-Edwards
03-21-2008, 12:47 PM
For some reason ever since i got it, it hasnt worked. (referring to the middle button near the window controls. no fuses are blown. what else can i check/do?
If you mean the button in the middle of the window controls, I thought it was to isolate the rear windows and stop rug-rats falling out?

pismomonkey
03-21-2008, 03:48 PM
For some reason ever since i got it, it hasnt worked. (referring to the middle button near the window controls. no fuses are blown. what else can i check/do?

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-21-2008, 04:07 PM

Hazzard lights?

pismomonkey
03-21-2008, 07:35 PM
If you mean the button in the middle of the window controls, I thought it was to isolate the rear windows and stop rug-rats falling out?

yea that. it doesnt work

and i got a flat today.
=\

Paul in NZ
03-21-2008, 07:38 PM
what does the paragraph BEFORE the picture say?

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-21-2008, 07:39 PM
yea that. it doesnt work

and i got a flat today.
=\

You mean, even with it engaged the rear windows are operable from the back seat controls?

shogun
03-21-2008, 07:58 PM
The middle button in the window switch block is the child lock button for locking the rear windows. If you push that button the rear windows cannot be operated by the buttons in the rear doors. Also the switches in the rear are then not iluminated.
See owners manual.

There is actually no toll booth button, you have to use the driver window switch and just tip it and it will work, if you find the right timing ;)

Please add to your profile the model, year and month of production and the mileage, so that we can better help you.
VIN decoder is on my website below.

pismomonkey
03-21-2008, 10:41 PM
thats weird.
http://www.homepage.mac.com/ismaelblanco/photo.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/ismaelblanco/photo.jpg
It reads:

The driver's front window can be operated up or down by briefly tapping the button. To stop the movement while in tapping function: tap again.

from my auto manual

billy
03-22-2008, 07:03 PM
thats weird.
It reads:

The driver's front window can be operated up or down by briefly tapping the button. To stop the movement while in tapping function: tap again.

from my auto manual

I think its a coincidence that the arrow points to the rear window disable button in your manual, i think its simply pointing to the switches for the windows.

The button its pointing to is for disabling the rear windows as has been said

shogun
03-23-2008, 03:20 AM
Read you manual once more carfully. As to the arrow it clearly says:
safety switch (arrow) for diasbling the rear windows (translated from my manual into English).

mikell
03-23-2008, 04:31 PM
yea that. it doesnt work

and i got a flat today.
=\

Then I guess that's not the flat tire preventer button.

e34.535i.sport
03-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Then I guess that's not the flat tire preventer button.

Ha ha ha ha ha LOL! He he he... Classic! :D :D :D