PDA

View Full Version : Plastic ring that goes under the wheel

Paul in NZ
03-20-2008, 10:53 PM
doesnt explain pulling to the left,,and that tyre is toast,you can get way without rings in the rear but only if the wheels are evenly torqued.The car will feel strange until the tyres "bed in" to their new position.But you must change the tyre with the bulge in it!

t_marat
03-20-2008, 11:07 PM
I went to check the balance on my wheels. It turned out the front left wheel developed a small "bulge" on one of its vertical sides (not the one that faces the road). I didn't have a new tire, so he rotated the front left and the rear left. It also turned out a small plastic ring that sits between the wheel hub and the wheel disc on rear left wheel had been trashed. It seems like the last time they weren't installed correctly and the wheel tightened on top of them. They looked like if they were put under a press. He threw it out and installed rear wheels without it. Said these weren't really necessary.
Hopefully tomorrow I will change both rear wheels. However, at the moment car keeps pooling to the left. Tire pressures are all the same. I didn't have this before. Does that ring really unnecessary?
wheels are 225-16R-55

GJPinAU
03-21-2008, 01:21 AM
I can hear the next question - "Why is my car vibrating?"
Obviously you don't have oem wheels on your car. Get them put in again!

Search for hubcentric rings.

cheers,
Greg

whiskychaser
03-21-2008, 04:39 AM
Had a problem with one of my cars pulling to left and could never find the problem - till I got a puncture and the tyre was replaced. No more pulling! Surprised a mechanic would agree to putting a duff tyre back on

e34.535i.sport
03-22-2008, 07:24 PM
I went to check the balance on my wheels. It turned out the front left wheel developed a small "bulge" on one of its vertical sides (not the one that faces the road). I didn't have a new tire, so he rotated the front left and the rear left. It also turned out a small plastic ring that sits between the wheel hub and the wheel disc on rear left wheel had been trashed. It seems like the last time they weren't installed correctly and the wheel tightened on top of them. They looked like if they were put under a press. He threw it out and installed rear wheels without it. Said these weren't really necessary.
Hopefully tomorrow I will change both rear wheels. However, at the moment car keeps pooling to the left. Tire pressures are all the same. I didn't have this before. Does that ring really unnecessary?
wheels are 225-16R-55

You want to get metal Hub rings, I had the same problems with the plastic ones they're sh*te. Get aluminum ones and you won't look back.

632 Regal
03-22-2008, 08:43 PM
with the aluminum ones make sure you use antiseize or youll wish you got plastic.

You want to get metal Hub rings, I had the same problems with the plastic ones they're sh*te. Get aluminum ones and you won't look back.

e34.535i.sport
03-23-2008, 12:17 AM
I throw the copper stuff on most things these days luckily cheers Jeff!!!