PDA

View Full Version : Here it is guys, I bought Hamburg Technic....

Phatty5BMW
03-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I ended up going the cheap route, and bought the Hamburg Technic parts...
For 225 bucks for 9 pieces, is pretty cheap, and cheap it is for me right now. Even if they last me a year, hence the 1 year warranty on them, I think it is worth it for the time being. Since nobody else stooped down and bought them, I figured I would give it a try and see how they do!

Beings I completely suck at half-ass alignments, I need one horribly, my drivers side tire is toe in and my passenger is toe out, front end seems much stiffer than before! Hard telling because my alignment is completely whack, but seems much better! I will update as the time goes by and see how they hold up.....

I got uppers, lowers, tie rods, sway bar links, and idler arm. I didn't end up replacing the idler because I didn't have a puller at the shop I was using and just said screw it for now because I didn't want to tear the boots on the center link, so that will be done at a later date :) I didn't feel any play in the idler/pitman so I guess it should be good enough for now.

I did email the guys I got the parts from and told them about them using the cast-aways from other brands and they said it was completely false, that they would not sell junk parts... I have the email if anyone wants me to post it up!

Take it easy guys..

-Pat

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-18-2008, 06:56 PM
How was the installlation?

You torque under load?

I am interested to see have long they last.

attack eagle
03-18-2008, 07:13 PM
I did email the guys I got the parts from and told them about them using the cast-aways from other brands and they said it was completely false, that they would not sell junk parts... I have the email if anyone wants me to post it up!

Take it easy guys..

-Pat

i'll take your word as to what they said... don't particularly CARE what they said about their own product.

ryan roopnarine
03-18-2008, 07:26 PM
hamburg technic, or someone empowered to write a description of the company on behalf of the company has basically said that they repackage the suspension components of other companies. why they would do that if they weren't selling cast offs, i don't know.

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-18-2008, 07:29 PM
http://hamburgtechnic.com/

shogun
03-18-2008, 07:48 PM
nothing behind that website except the main page.
The German company was just established a few years ago. Someone on the German board who lives in that town said that is just an office building occupied by various companies, no production at all.
Headoffice is in USA.

Phatty5BMW
03-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Yea, I was actually suprised that the packaging actually said "hamburg-Technic" on it.... Who knows. Yes I tourqued them down under load, which is a pita if you ask me :) Seem to be decent parts for the time being, everything fit and installed without a problem, so we will see from here.

-Pat

Phatty5BMW
03-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Here is the email. Its funny if you ask me. Do they talk about one single brand? umm yes actually :) O well, there bought, installed and hoping they will last either under a year or for many years to come :)

Patric,

At Deutsche Parts USA we run a tremendous thriving business of Auto Parts. We would not sell anything that is defective or has a short Life Span.

On the threads do all people talk good about any one single brand; NO !
They all have nothing to do & try to prop up the brands that they are selling. We have no time for that.

Buy this product, it come with a 1 Year unlimited Miles warranty & it is excercised through us, if need be.

Best wishes,

Team DP USA